What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mango Thai by The Real Seed Company

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Chopped the tiny Mango Thai last night and dried a tiny bud and smoked it. High was not tiny, quite potent and very enjoyable effect. All in the head. No weirdness or trippiness to it other than enhancing visual things.

Just one plant but I think it represents this strain. Not the trip weed I have been chasing but then again, all positives on the other things involved with being high. The trip strains typically give some anxiety during part of the high, this strain seems to have zero of feeling panic or dread.

Not racy as the trip types almost always are, very smooth effect. I am still high so do not know the come down effect, but guessing smooth and back to normal.

acespicoli

Chopped the tiny Mango Thai last night and dried a tiny bud and smoked it. High was not tiny, quite potent and very enjoyable effect. All in the head. No weirdness or trippiness to it other than enhancing visual things.

Just one plant but I think it represents this strain. Not the trip weed I have been chasing but then again, all positives on the other things involved with being high. The trip strains typically give some anxiety during part of the high, this strain seems to have zero of feeling panic or dread.

Not racy as the trip types almost always are, very smooth effect. I am still high so do not know the come down effect, but guessing smooth and back to normal.

sounds strange saying it but i miss that freaky high some times haha :D

Smokey Mcbong

Isn't 77 days rather quick finishing? 77 days from flip? I wonder if longer phenos would have more trippyness?

Honestly, I'm kinda dissapointed, I was gonna buy a bunch of MT specifically because I was hoping it'a be a heart-pounding electric type high.

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
Isn't 77 days rather quick finishing? 77 days from flip? I wonder if longer phenos would have more trippyness?

Honestly, I'm kinda dissapointed, I was gonna buy a bunch of MT specifically because I was hoping it'a be a heart-pounding electric type high.

I would not let a single seed that suffered thrip damage and likely could have went longer discourage you.

In my experience the first thing trips fuck up is potency and terpenes.

In fact. When people pull decent smoke from a less than ideal grow I consider that a positive review on the genetics. Leaves room for improvement. And who knows what the rest of the pack of seeds might have in it?

Smokey Mcbong

You know it's funny I almost posted the exact sentiment you're expressing because just a bit after posting I was like "maybe that's a bit of an overreaction." lol.

Anyways, it does make me a bit more wary/curious of this line. I think it'll be interesting to see how variable it is, how many phenos it throws; but I think I'll observe for some more time before I pull the trigger(though now I'm kicking myself for not getting that Lao Gold when they had it). Another report said it had a strong "classic sativa effect" which for my purposes I guess depend on if the classic sativa effect is racy, lol.

Further, I wonder how different cures would effect it. If you sticked it up and sweat cured it would it become more trippy?

Smokey Mcbong

Actually thinking about it a strong "classic sativa effect" is a decent description of something I'd like; but I do admit I'd like the edge from a really strong introspective high where your thoughts are racing that can border on anxious/paranoid, I assume that's what most people mean by racy, right? I ask because racyness is almost always discussed as a negative effect, but I think just a bit of it can make a sativa feel really strong. Maybe it's just me, IDK.

Though their MT flowered mid November, assuming the light was enough for flowering around late july, around 16 weeks.

harvestreaper

Veteran
Actually thinking about it a strong "classic sativa effect" is a decent description of something I'd like; but I do admit I'd like the edge from a really strong introspective high where your thoughts are racing that can border on anxious/paranoid, I assume that's what most people mean by racy, right? I ask because racyness is almost always discussed as a negative effect, but I think just a bit of it can make a sativa feel really strong. Maybe it's just me, IDK.

Though their MT flowered mid November, assuming the light was enough for flowering around late july, around 16 weeks.

i like racy weed that so strong itll scare ya to put the joint down an take a breath just to see were it ends up taking you ,,,very rare <for me> we live in hope lol

Smokey Mcbong

i like racy weed that so strong itll scare ya to put the joint down an take a breath just to see were it ends up taking you ,,,very rare <for me> we live in hope lol

I think it's just been so long since I've had something like that I have trouble describing it well. But it also seems, from two reports from two batches, so we'll how it pans out, that the mango thai probably isn't that.

I feel kinda bad about my comments, honestly. This is a thread about the mango thai and I come in with disappointment about something the, by all accounts very good, strain is not. It sounds really good. I wonder how it will develop as it cures.

harvestreaper

Veteran
I think it's just been so long since I've had something like that I have trouble describing it well. But it also seems, from two reports from two batches, so we'll how it pans out, that the mango thai probably isn't that.

I feel kinda bad about my comments, honestly. This is a thread about the mango thai and I come in with disappointment about something the, by all accounts very good, strain is not. It sounds really good. I wonder how it will develop as it cures.

no need to feel bad just hold ya horses as others said you simply cant judge a strain off one seed and its for this reason its useful to make f2s to search thru a lil more conclusively before discardng and moving on :tiphat:

harvestreaper

Veteran
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

4 females all smelling alike ,,sweet mild mango,, as can be seen pheno 3 has a different bud structure to the others ,,last pic is the two males unfortunately both showing intersex traits

harvestreaper

Veteran

you tried anymore yesum??

harvestreaper

Veteran
could you compare it to ukhrul? thanks.

ive not smoked any mt/ laos yet so only growth comparisons the mt /laos is more sensitive but still pretty tuff the ukrhul very tuff no intersex in ukruls at all ,,none in mt females but both males showed pistils i didnt keep track of either lines flo time but both long flo mt seems a tad faster ie they are like the faster uhkrul phenos,, ive let the mt males pollinate 4 mt /laos two ukruls and and a headhunter cut,,, will compare effects of mt ,,uk when i can :tiphat:

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
thats interesting why did you use those males? wouldnt be better use ukhrul males on mango thai female? :D that has to be said your opus, ukhrul x acapulco gold looks amazing, terrific and all those superlatives.. I bet you are tripping high through your usual day :D

harvestreaper

Veteran
thats interesting why did you use those males? wouldnt be better use ukhrul males on mango thai female? :D that has to be said your opus, ukhrul x acapulco gold looks amazing, terrific and all those superlatives.. I bet you are tripping high through your usual day :D

good question not sure myself lol ive never used intersex males so just an experiment ,,the crosses were not planned just a small test run and seedrun ,,,that being said im running some of todds haze that all being well i will cross to the mt laos but i will only do it with regular haze males and only if i like the mt laos females smoke ,,i smoke quite a lot brother and stay pretty high ,,the highland gold aka ag x uk for me is a nice cross ive crossed the ag to a bunch of lines and this cross i think worked best i would not call it shaman weed but a good balance and degree of sativa traits ,,i think this will also cross well to the haze lines ,,,time will tell :tiphat:

ps thanks for the nice words and interest

Last edited:

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
good question not sure myself lol ive never used intersex males so just an experiment ,,the crosses were not planned just a small test run and seedrun ,,,that being said im running some of todds haze that all being well i will cross to the mt laos but i will only do it with regular haze males and only if i like the mt laos females smoke ,,i smoke quite a lot brother and stay pretty high ,,the highland gold aka ag x uk for me is a nice cross ive crossed the ag to a bunch of lines and this cross i think worked best i would not call it shaman weed but a good balance and degree of sativa traits ,,i think this will also cross well to the haze lines ,,,time will tell :tiphat:

The Females look interesting i wouldn't use the hermie tho if you have more seed i would look for a male.

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran

yeah why not. it can be nice experiment, some guys didnt have different option than to use such males to keep rare thais going in their gardens. and doing quite good with it.. :D core thai lovers. otherwise that ukhrul line seems to me pretty magical. keep that great work up, it is always joy to read you post and see your pics. thanks for sharing.

harvestreaper

Veteran
The Females look interesting i wouldn't use the hermie tho if you have more seed i would look for a male.

thanks for your imput i know you know your thais ,,but its too late ive already dusted all 4 ,ive never grown thai or laos before have heard of both showing intersex traits so was not surpised altho i expected it to be the females glad to have 4 normal girls ,, because its a "landrace" i usually try to make few seeds even on small testruns and with the history of intersex in these lines i thought id carry on an pollinate ,,like most ive seen plenty of female hermies before but only ever one male and that was in the acapulco gold line i did not breed off it and culled it and i had no intersex from his brother or offspring ,, i think i read once dj short saying those kinda male hermis throw high percent of female offsping im interested to see if i notice anything ,,,,,there is something about this line i find attractive i hope it equates to quality effects

picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts