What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Possible site upgrade?

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
After days of IC not opening with Google, I tried Bing- same result, including this morning

I only got on yesterday using TOR

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Sorry. Late to the party.

I'd suggest putting the new site on an ICMag subdomain (testSubdomain.icmag.com) and putting up a "Wanna Try the Beta Site?" link for your members to kick around and look for show stoppers (bugs).

You can point testSubdomain to the new server.

Hope things are going well for you.

Badfishy1

Can we get the I dunno say 1991 update to upload pics? I guess even the 1990 update would be better than current process

art.spliff

ICMag Donor
This format appears more configurable and stable dare I say easier to use and better laid out, more efficient on older processors and brand new phones. This site the way it is. Not a different board with integrated advertising or links to conglomerate media companies. 100 percent of the time I saw a forum go through a sell or purchase or switch to another software it resulted in more shallow superficial slower gummy adware bloat garbage without question without fail personalized troll forced advertising from whoever decides to buy or change the site. Other sites in the past to be specific. This site is my favorite because it uses basic or stable or classic or well known or older more familiar software and because not a lot of deletions or censoring appear to take place. Relatively civil. Moderation in the form of bias and censoring is always my problem with every message board, which transitions to business and back office and professional work code of conduct ethics in life. You want it (your website, the/this/our pages) popular, crowded even. And someone inevitably does not agree with one thing or person or another and wants to "buy it" and "change the rules" to make it fit their own team captain little league mission statement missionary church group whatever it is whatever the case may be. In this case more like seed company or political view on how and where who should grow what. I like the democracy of this site the way it is now. Upgrade and update and learn how to rtfm are three important distinctions imo.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Double posts this eve?

Double posts this eve?

Not sure why, but had duplicate posts. When I went in to delete or change....it seemed the same as original:duo posts.

Occasionally got that when IC was hanging in the air.

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
??? I never had a problem, I have IC saved. So I tried several different ways using Bing, or Google search to connect, but none worked

This morning I clicked on my link icon and the site came right up. Hope it's resolved

buzzmobile

Veteran
This morning I clicked on my link icon and the site came right up. Hope it's resolved

attachment.php

Good that it's working for you again.

Attachments

• ghost.jpg
    ghost.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 24

UFOpilot

I hope ICMag is about the same as it is now after upgrading.
I have seen other forums totally change after their "upgrades".
Not in a positve way.Their mapping or grouping was so stupid
that I hardly came back there.
ICMag is my #1 cannabis forum because of it's content of course,but also
cause it's so easy,simple and accessible.And there are no flishy flashy moving ads(yet?).
So I hope it stays the way as it is now.....

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
I've seen less glitches happen with this site than almost any other website I've been too...

Please don't fuck it up!

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
ICMAG is 100% customized version. I don't think they could update it without screwing the pooch .

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
vBulletin needs to get their shit together and offer their big customers state of the art upgrades that can preserve large databases.

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
Many times, the loss of data is due to site owners not making a back-up. When it says 'this conversion might produce errors' it's not a remote chance, it's a real likelihood.

Change... who really embraces it. Just short sighted kids. For the rest of us, it's just a risk rarely worth taking.

In all seriousness, a more streamlined approach to adding images will be great. Plus notifications when people quote you. So you know to revisit threads.