What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What vegetables??

N

New_gorilla

Hello I am starting up my tent at some point and I want to know what vegetables will grow in a grow tent thanks

N

New_gorilla

These are 10 of the things I found can grow in tent.
Tomatoes
Lettuce
Cucumber
Spring onions
Peppers
Spinach
Strawberries
Blueberries
Basil
Coriander

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
I don't understand the question, because everything can be grown in a tent as long as the conditions for photosynthesis are met: light, nutrient, and carbon dioxide (fresh air).

I grew mini pumpkins in a 5x5 tent one time, with trellis lining all of the walls, and it ended up looking a lot like what a vertical SCROG looks like, but with pumpkins instead of buds. I had to manually pollinate the plant, but otherwise it worked perfectly. As long as the plant fits inside the tent, any plant can grow inside a tent.

N

New_gorilla

I don't understand the question, because everything can be grown in a tent as long as the conditions for photosynthesis are met: light, nutrient, and carbon dioxide (fresh air).

I grew mini pumpkins in a 5x5 tent one time, with trellis lining all of the walls, and it ended up looking a lot like what a vertical SCROG looks like, but with pumpkins instead of buds. I had to manually pollinate the plant, but otherwise it worked perfectly. As long as the plant fits inside the tent, any plant can grow inside a tent.

Ok thanks I am just new to growing that's all I need to know.

Green Squall

These are 10 of the things I found can grow in tent.
Tomatoes
Lettuce
Cucumber
Spring onions
Peppers
Spinach
Strawberries
Blueberries
Basil
Coriander

Peppers plants are compact and would grow nicely under an indoor light, without taking up too much room. Same with basil and other herbs. Tomatoes and cumbers would take up too much space.

Instead ofputting them your your tent, maybe just buy cheap fluorescent grow light? I have one for seedlings and often use it for herbs when not in use.

G

What vegetables would thrive in a 12 on 12 off growing environment?

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Honestly, lots of them. Too many to list. Are you simply trying to find other plants that you can grow alongside your cannabis? If so, just do a search for photoperiodic short day plants, or photoperiodic neutral plants. There are way too many to list.

St. Phatty

I suggest lower light vegetables.

Tomatoes like a lot of sun.

Kind of depends how much you want to spend on electricity.

Plus your electricity source probably generates CO2. (as does mine)

Does your house use electric heat ?

Then you have a great reason to fire up a 1k !!!

Friend

Veteran
I've had my 4x4 tent set up with tomato plants climbing up the walls, and a few different types of peppers in the middle. The pepper plants usually don't grow too vigorously when they're crowded in a tent, but they still produced well.

Rico Swazi

Do bell peppers flower under 18/6 ??

yes they do although not much is gained from the extra hours, 16 hours is enough
adequate soil nutrition and soil temps (no lower than 70F) have just as much to do with growing healthy plants indoors as the lighting source and duration

as a companion plant to cannabis I suggest anything from the allium family

New gorilla
What lighting are you planning on using ?

N

New_gorilla

yes they do although not much is gained from the extra hours, 16 hours is enough
adequate soil nutrition and soil temps (no lower than 70F) have just as much to do with growing healthy plants indoors as the lighting source and duration

as a companion plant to cannabis I suggest anything from the allium family

New gorilla
What lighting are you planning on using ?

I will be useing a 600W HPS parabolic light system in a 120cm x 120cm x 200cm tent

Rico Swazi

600W is perfect for cannabis , expensive to run for growing veggies only
How is your ventilation? Have you lit it up yet?

GS made a good suggestion earlier in the thread to use led or florescent lighting on a windowsill to get some experience

If you are not concerned with the cost of HPS, then I say plant that bell and let it ring :)

N

New_gorilla

600W is perfect for cannabis , expensive to run for growing veggies only
How is your ventilation? Have you lit it up yet?

GS made a good suggestion earlier in the thread to use led or florescent lighting on a windowsill to get some experience

If you are not concerned with the cost of HPS, then I say plant that bell and let it ring :)

Not put it up yet will next month still got few things to get befor I can start, I got 6 in rhino pro filter and a 6in fan and will be useing 9 litre air pots

Rico Swazi

heres hoping for a successful first grow and bountiful harvest for you New gorilla

show some pics of your efforts when you can

good lluck

SamsonsRiddle

tomatoes are used in so many great things (especially pizza and spaghetti sauce). i wanted to grow them indoors, but i've seen what monsters they turn into outdoors.

after a little research, i found many different dwarf and micro varieties. they even have a forum and a wiki type informational resource if you look around.

right now, i have some tasmanian chocolates going and many others on deck. many other vegetables and fruits are available in dwarf varieties. or you could just use smaller pots and get smaller fruits/plants.

art.spliff

ICMag Donor
picture.php

Sunshineinabag

another tidbit

another tidbit

Ok thanks I am just new to growing that's all I need to know.

So i like the way your thinking!:peacock: Maybe you could try microgreens as well? You can make pretty decent income in some places with well grown micros. You can also grow certain herbs or say stinging neetles as companion plants to fix nitrogen etc etc
symbiotic relationships in tents excite me:biggrin:

St. Phatty

Waiting for some seedlings to get big enough to put under the big light. They have to be cat-proof, if there is such a thing.

Decided to give them plant-company. Put 3 potatoes that started growing in pots. The cat tried to dig them up but gave up.