What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Katsu's MASSIVE P98 Bubba Kush Reversal Bean Run

Katsu

Veteran
Fair enough, I guess I could have been a little better with the descriptions. Let me revise the above and see if this helps bring clarity.

If one is definitely the Bubba then it has to be B because the Katsu doesn't have the aforementioned mutation. The Katsu has a stalk that's like a thick straw. Terps should be chocolate, coffee, and some dank non-fruity berry flavor, maybe vanilla

clearheaded

they arent mutually exclusive. shabud coulda got it from katsu in 2000 while living in socal.. dont know if cannavore was disputing??

I hurd REAL bubba actualy was a cross done by medman in canada who sent to states via emery ;) paki citral X hinduXlemon thai and was grown in the ole molson brewery for years by asian gang. named after short fat shape! lol i kid

but dang that crazy deep loud acid acrid coffee smell is amazeballs!

Happy Times

Katsu B

A solid plant grows well during veg and most of flower but lacks turgor pressure in the later weeks of flower and requires support. No mutations and turns almost black. Hollow stalks with a gassy/honey/candy terpene profile that is so strong I've never seen a true rivalry.

View Image

View Image

I'd really like to know the answer because I want to properly label the katsu cut and right now I have 2 both katsu but wildly different one is the best weed I've ever smoked the other is just a good bubba which is not even in my top 5 all time.

That B looks fantastic

Tynehead Tom

they arent mutually exclusive. shabud coulda got it from katsu in 2000 while living in socal.. dont know if cannavore was disputing??

I hurd REAL bubba actualy was a cross done by medman in canada who sent to states via emery ;) paki citral X hinduXlemon thai and was grown in the ole molson brewery for years by asian gang. named after short fat shape! lol i kid

but dang that crazy deep loud acid acrid coffee smell is amazeballs!

LOLz @ medman brand :good:
so embarassing that he is from canada LOL
In mid to late 2000's , surrey british columbia, I was getting 2 distinct bubba kush bags from the same reliable dealer who I knew at the time for several years. Anyhow, the regular bubba had a gassier, fruitier flavor but the high was average+. Then every other time he reloaded he would have limitted amounts of what he called Bubba D. This one was strong and the high lasted. Not couch lock, bordering on cerebral. The smell of the plant is musky and floral but cured it is mocha, coffee and a subtle berry type background.
The clone itself was given to me in a trade for the ogkb 2.0 cut and this thread has been an interesting read.
Would love to be able to place some pedigree to the cut I have.
I almost lost the plant taking clones quite late but I managed to save it. I might pop some P98 Bubba S1 to do some comparisons.
picture.php

picture.php

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
If one is definitely the Bubba then it has to be B because the Katsu doesn't have the aforementioned mutation. The Katsu has a stalk that's like a thick straw. Terps should be chocolate, coffee, and some dank non-fruity berry flavor, maybe vanilla

I can't say any of them are actually it. That terpene profile doesn't really fit the bill for the cut I love. I'm starting to think my favorite plant is a mislabel. Well on the bright I can rule out A cut because of the mutation.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Cannavore

Veteran
I'm telling you I just ran into Sha at an event last year and I'm pretty sure he told me I was the one that sent him the Bubba.
not saying you didn't, i'm just going by what I learned at that forum we were on with Nspecta, and Ghost :) but from my understanding, the Katsu cut of Bubba Kush came online with Orgnkid and subsequently GreenCrackMan selling cuts of it in 2000-2001.

the cut Shabud sourced was in NorCal before the year 2000. seems to be some time difference there.

ograskal said:
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Katsu bought his Bubba cut for $500 bucks off of GreenCrackman around 01-02....He passed it around heavily back then[/FONT]

Kijell

I just bought some Schromba and I am really excited for this!
Will post pictures when the time comes...

Loved a Schrom Cross I have grown 3 years ago and really waited for another Schrom cross!
So thank you very much I am excited for this! :)

OutOfStep

I just bought some Schromba and I am really excited for this!
Will post pictures when the time comes...

Loved a Schrom Cross I have grown 3 years ago and really waited for another Schrom cross!
So thank you very much I am excited for this! :)

Just cracked a Shromba bean myself. Excited to grow some of Katsu's gear.

I started growing early 2000's and remember Katsu from the Cannabis World forum. I never posted on the boards back then, just used them as a resource to learn how to grow. But I remember Katsu and his collection of clones. Bought my first seeds from Heaven's Stairway and still have some stuff from the old c-bay auction!

Katsu

Veteran
Just cracked a Shromba bean myself. Excited to grow some of Katsu's gear.

I started growing early 2000's and remember Katsu from the Cannabis World forum. I never posted on the boards back then, just used them as a resource to learn how to grow. But I remember Katsu and his collection of clones. Bought my first seeds from Heaven's Stairway and still have some stuff from the old c-bay auction!

Now that's cool as hell. You're an ICMag member for 5 years and this is your one and only post? Peace brother - thanks for stopping in to say hello :)

OutOfStep

Now that's cool as hell. You're an ICMag member for 5 years and this is your one and only post? Peace brother - thanks for stopping in to say hello :)

Never been much of a forum poster, at least not on grow forums. However, times change and more importantly, so do laws. This last year is the first time I've been able to pursue this hobby 100% legally and in a space that I own.

I'll post up some pics of the schromba when she's flowering. Peace to you as well brother. :)

Latest posts

Latest posts