What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Thai Chi

rcco

Veteran
The #1 has a strong meaty smell and big big bracts for a sativa. The #2 has a lot of silverish trichomes and she is beginning to turn a bit purple. She will finish purple imao. She is a very tall, very vigorous and elegant sativa, with good yield. The thing that surprise me is that she eats everything I give, she is heavy feeder for such a sativa, it is the opposite of the #1 which needs almost nothing but water.

I have rooted clones of the #2 and will flower them soon. Now I know how to feed her (A LOT 😄), and I know its huge stretch.

peace!

rcco

Veteran
This Thai Chi #2 is probably my keeper. Very interesting smell, good bud density and trichomes, good yield. Huge stretch but can deal with if motivated, and i am HIGHLY motivated! 😁
This one has a very rich smell, difficult to describe, but i can say, incense, diesel, sugar, a little bit fruity, very appealing!

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1926.JPG Views:	0 Size:	95.4 KB ID:	18104011
Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1888.JPG Views:	0 Size:	116.3 KB ID:	18104012
Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1925.JPG Views:	0 Size:	99.9 KB ID:	18104013

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Wonderful rcco :dancer:A pleasure to follow your Thai Chi grow diary, very happy to see the cycle close to its end and with such good results, every plant in Thai Chi line (considering finished product over all other traits) is a gem, with the potential to find so easily that ultimate incensey indoor sativa dom girl with also the Thai soaring effects.

Thai Chi #1 shows what is described in the strain description like a Red Thai-like phenotype, with also enough Kali China influence due to its shorter size, flowering time, colors, yet showing the big Thai calyxes. Such red meaty Thai Chis are a delight for my taste :yummy:

Thai Chi #2 has more obvious tropical sativa Thai influence in her growth and flowering development, she is taller, with longer flowering times and more willing to reflower.
Looks like will be potent, and a potential good yielder, especially considering that this particular female accepts better more nutrients than others.

Let the harvest have a good curing process (for at least 2-3 months) and you will be amazed with so many nuances and all the crazy, exotic and refined different terpenes you will find in this strain.

rcco

Veteran
dubi Hi!

Thank you for the infos 🙏 and for this nice strain Dubi 🙂👍

My Thai Chi #1 harvested 100g of dried buds, not bad. (But my Panama x bangi haze 160g, with same flowering time)

The Thai chi #2 won’t have very long flowering time, she is starting the 12th week of 12/12 and she will probably be ready at 12 weeks, but maybe I will give her 13 weeks. I will flower TC#2 cutting with better feeding now that I know that she eats a lot, and from clones she should be a 12 weeker.
They will go in paper bags for 2 weeks before going to jars for a long curing, I want that perfect buds!
Very excited with the Thai chi plants!

greetz !

eskimo

Veteran
Hey fam.. Sup :)? Been a while since my last stop here.. Wow looking great rcco.. Nice nice.. Looking forward to my next harvest
Just smoking some of the chi actually right now.. Love here smell while crumble the bud..
Smells sort of like creamy sweet lime baby poo 😂😂😂, and really the name it point on as she lead you to actually practice things like Thai chi or chi Kwon 💚 dubi🙏

Edit.. 🤔Actually mayby not like baby poo more like the baby powder maybe

rcco

Veteran
Hi,

my Thaï Chi #2 at 98 days of flowering (12/12-11/13-10,5/13,5)

she could go another week or 2 easily, but I had to harvest her. Anyway I have clones, and I will grow her again. She is very nice. Her smell is very good, very incensey, a little bit fruity, very interesting and mouth watering.
Great plant. Buds are almost purple. Good yielding.
Tent is 1m2, 14L pot. BAC bloom and Organic PK.

greetz

CA590C23-39F9-4B2C-939C-96030EF3CA4A.jpeg
EDC0D5D3-F365-42D3-83B7-43C2B3CB00F9.jpeg
9A6BD90C-89E6-4D15-AFF2-91AAB29254EC.jpeg
95331C75-AD1D-4808-89CB-E914E03999EE.jpeg
64EFBB66-9FE6-4F0E-9CA7-E9E51B5C91B7.jpeg
4A34BB51-4300-49CD-845D-C0ABDDA2B591.jpeg
6BF75A65-E531-4D95-89FF-07CA336DA2D3.jpeg
BED1C555-F64E-4C6C-A73F-18FA9FCE39E0.jpeg
7EDB00FA-2956-4084-AA50-719CEC18D7CD.jpeg

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Truly beautiful specimen rcco :love: Glad she is carrying lots of incense, looks and sound like a pheno i would keep (y)
Congrats on the harvest, please share a smoke report when the right moment comes, thanks a lot for your feedback and frequent updates!

MT Wildhack

Hi,

she could go another week or 2 easily, but I had to harvest her. Anyway I have clones, and I will grow her again. She is very nice. Her smell is very good, very incensey, a little bit fruity, very interesting and mouth watering.

greetz

View attachment 18122868 View attachment 18122869 View attachment 18122870 View attachment 18122871 View attachment 18122872 View attachment 18122873 View attachment 18122874 View attachment 18122875 View attachment 18122876

Hi,

greetz

View attachment 18122868
Truly beautiful specimen rcco :love: Glad she is carrying lots of incense, looks and sound like a pheno i would keep (y)
Congrats on the harvest, please share a smoke report when the right moment comes, thanks a lot for your feedback and frequent updates!
I concur! Can you describe training? In the middle is my Thai Chi (4/11) and it's getting favoritism because I love form as much as anything and she shows potential. For reference, left is purple satellite started a month earlier that has a special grace. At right is this very weird (to me) Zamedelica x Chi (same 4/11 cohort) with the largest leaves at that age I've ever seen. (Sister is compact hash phenotype.) I'd love the Thai Chi to have that beautiful Oriental form in the garden. I topped once. Was your little-but-cola trained? I bonsai'd the purple satellite for form, but I'm intuiting I should let TC go?
20220503_230546.jpg

View attachment 18122869

OZZ_

Veteran
Hi,

greetz

View attachment 18122868 View attachment 18122869 View attachment 18122870 View attachment 18122871 View attachment 18122872 View attachment 18122873 View attachment 18122874 View attachment 18122875 View attachment 18122876

Amazing job brother, she’s a beauty! Nice and thick too…. I probably missed it but it looks like you’re in coco…. What size pot is that out of curiosity?

Hi,

greetz

Hi @rcco
outstanding plant with an outstanding genetic @dubi
I have a similar cultivar growing in my closet with a little bit shorter and broader leaves. And thinner buds admittingly, but she is already hungry with way more yellow and dry leaves. Most hairs are orange right now, but she still builds foxtails.
And the purpleing started about the same time as yours and today at day 101 of 12/12 she still has lots of clear trichomes and just a few brown ones.
I'm wondering if you had a taste already and can say if it was "too" soon to harvest?
And dubi, i read the whole article here and this three digit "phenotype" seems to be real seldom.
If you like i can add some pictures later.

Consolidated

Amazing job brother, she’s a beauty! Nice and thick too…. I probably missed it but it looks like you’re in coco…. What size pot is that out of curiosity?
Hi brother... i dont know about his substrate , but the pots are 14L...

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Really nice looking red Thai Chi ;) looks from here ripe enough for my taste. How are the aromas now in late flowering ?

Really nice looking red Thai Chi ;) looks from here ripe enough for my taste. How are the aromas now in late flowering ?
Thank you very much :) The pictures were taken under the LED with no color correction, so in real life they're looking a bit more green and less yellowish.
3 or 4 weeks ago she went into a honey-sweet, warm, scent of vanilla, creamy smell and maybe a hint of citrus.
When i quick-dried and vaped a testbud, the taste was all of the above plus a bit more pungent (more like she smelled during early and mid flowering). Sorry, it's difficult to describe smells and tastes and i hope i found the right English words.

Very nice and pleasant overall and unlike anything i've grown before.

Scenescence

Howdy all. New grower here (indoor, organic soil).
For my first grow I've chosen Thai Chi.
I also have Panama, Kali China and Orient Express.
I'm looking for kind Sativa effects.
I plan to run two plants in a 4X2 tent.
Which of the Pan KC or OE would pair well with the Thai Chi?
All advice is much appreciated.
Peace.