What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

vape cartridge confusion

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Reviving an old thread... Hey Gray Wolf, I was reading their site and why they chose to use MCT, and it sounds an awful like ole drew's excuse for using Vit E. If MCT is safe to vape (as opposed to a dietary supp), it doesn't read well enough IMO. This is not criticism in a neg way. If you know them and agree, pass it on. In fact, I had to dig pretty deeply into the site before I found out it wasn't drew's deal.

"So why do we prefer MCT in our line of flavors? Well, MCT’s are considered safe and healthy enough to be sold in stores as a health supplement, which is a pretty good start. MCT carriers have many added benefits other than simply serving as a carrier. They can improve glucose levels in individuals who suffer from Type II Diabetes, help control appetite, aid in weight loss, and are also used as an immediate source of energy rather than being tucked away as a fat store. MCT is not associated with any negative health risks."

See what I mean? It doesn't answer the vaping safety aspect. They kinda try later, but not very well.

Also, I have continued to have great lung success with my "terp stripping" routine with the heated chamber vape, and thus am more interested in terps, and which ones. Essential oils as they are called. They sure feel like a solvent that is cleaning my lungs, make that cleaned, because they are good now. I have not hit the Symbicort inhaler in months.

Is anyone else feeling better from hitting terps? I vape flower by sneaking in a hit before the release of chlorophyll, by heating the chamber/material at 405* for 10 seconds, then turning on the fan and and power-hitting all I can get in one lungfull (less than 10 secs) via a whip. By the end that hit the vapor is shedding the smelly stuff, and the material is now ABV.

I wonder if there is official essential oil therapy already being done in a similar manner. Makes me pay attention to the smells and effects, which change as the more volatile compounds off-gas from the aging bud. Fresh really gassy bud was actually too strong, and kinda hurt.

Edit: found this, but know nothin of any products...

https://mmjdoctoronline.com/health-news/adding-terpenes-to-concentrates-the-science-and-the-effects

I do know that coughing is a thing of the past, and SPO2 is mid 90's or better.

Last edited:

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
By their logic, snorting mothers milk would be salubrious. Generally Regarded As Safe (GRAS) for eating, doesn't logically follow that breathing it is good, nor is it safe to assume that if a little is good, a lot is better.

The scary part is that people with no credentials or clue regarding human physiology are making those decisions and marketing the product without testing by people with the education and credentials.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
You misunderstood I think. That quote is from your friend's website.

As much as I like big squirty tits, I sure as H aren't vaping the stuff.

Latest posts

Latest posts