What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Exploring lunarcy phases with Apollo 11

So I just smoked a little quick dry sample of the A11 x Blubonic and it kicked my ass. Very up high on the edge of paranoia... maybe some of the Cindy leaked through. Very berry taste, sweeter than the Blubonic it seems, with a creamy/floral undertone. I'm sure both taste/smell and potency will be better after a proper dry and cure. I am going to pull it this weekend at 9 weeks, but it is just showing the occasional amber still. I go out of town in a week so it will have to come down as is. No loss of power though, it has good promise other than it's lack of stretch which doesn't work well in my vertical micro. I'll post some pics in a few days before it comes down.

The two A11 x Aurora Indica girls I have are doing well and one in particular seems to be quite the little producer at this point so I will be re-vegging that one most likely until a smoke test decides if it is a keeper. Those two are odorless at 5 weeks.

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice MR! Look forward to seeing some pics of the Bluebonic cross.
Like seeing how the DJS genes play out.
I've got 25 F13 x A11 seedlings going, a lot of variation and culling will be easy. The Flying Tiger's have been hard to read. Now that their showing pre-flowers, I've been culling a few females, as well as #18, the tall plant on the right, next to the #14. (post #54)
The FT #1 & #14 (girls) were put in the tent earlier this wk. along w/ the two C99 gals.

antheis, all 5 of mine germed, I culled one early that was a little smaller, but they are all real uniform. For me, their zig-zagging is confined to the top growth.
You can see it a bit on these two.

Zig-zagging patterns are not restricted to Genius by any means when it comes to cannabis, but it is rather pronounced.
Here's my stock photo I use to demonstrate.

picture.php

Also my example of Apollo branching.

picture.php

Plan on taking down A11 #6 Sunday @ 60 days.
See you then! :D

:ying:

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Getting ready to cut A11 #6 today @ day 60. :D

Here's how she finished up.
picture.php

picture.php

Here's a shot of A11-GPC #1 @ 45 days, seed-laden. :)
picture.php

Here's one of A11-GPC #2 @ 35 days.
picture.php

She's been hidden away in a corner, but will get front & center light attention from here on in.

On the 'Flying Tiger' front, I've killed off 8 girls, and have 7 "undecided's" left. I will be flipping them this wk.
Moved the 3rd female into the flower tent today.

I'm also going to sprout the last of my F13 x A11's this week.
Here's the 25 I have already.

You can see there's a lot of variation as well as a few mutants.
I want to choose from as many as possible, looking for alpha males. :D

Be back when I tackle #10. :tiphat:

HashishinReidi

Pulls up a chair for the grow show, of one of my all time fav strains, better late than never as they say.As i said b4 Hl those buds are sure look frosty .Good to see all is good your ways m8 its always good to see some old faces from og about .

A11 x Aurora Indica on the left and the larger plant on the right is the Aurora Indica mom just after the stretch. The AI was revegged and then vegged on top of that while the crosses are in 10-12 oz cups and thrown in flower at 3 nodes.

picture.php

There is a lot of stretch in the one on the left and that is what I look for in my micro vert system so this will get a reveg if it is decent smoke.

The A11 x Blubonic came down today. It was a little larfy but I think that was mostly because I let it bush out. I am still learning the ways of vert lighting vs overhead and this is one of the last ones that I let do that. Buds are loose but frosty as hell and as I said, super potent. I also had a timer issue and my timer went 24/7 for a couple days, so that may have had something to do with it. I will run this one one more time vegging it as tall as I can and cutting back all but the main stock and single node side growth. That worked well on another plant I ran along side this. Anyways, it didn't stretch and it is larfy but it is tasty and strong so worth another try. That being said I have a bunch more of this seed and even more from another Blubonic mom, so whatever!!!

Here are some comps of the A11 x Blubonic vs the Blubonic mom. Bud shots are of the cross and you can see they look a little fox taily and loose. The Blubonic was grown an inch or two taller before flowering but not as much as is not showing. The Blubonic is also only 5 weeks vs the cross at 9, so the BLubonic is obviously going to produce much more. The cross was 64gm wet at harvest with a final clip. Likely about 1/2 zip and my average is about 3/4 zip in this system.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks for the comparison shots, MR! :good:

HashishinReidi, good to have you here! :wave: Let me stoke the fire, make sure you're all comfy.

:hotbounce

Today I took down Apollo #10 @ 63 days. Here's what she looked like:
picture.php

picture.php

I also took down Apollo Trip #3. She was the skimpiest producer, so I got her out of the way. The others look to go closer to 70 days.

Apollo Trip #3
picture.php

Here she is w/ the fans removed, you can see how I bent branches better here.
picture.php

She colored up nice w/ night temps in the 60's, but wasn't near the sticky mess the Apollo's were. Both have small trich heads, but the Trip is more chalky. When you scrape your trimmers w/ a razor, it's more apt to flake off than congeal into a gooey mess.
She smells wicked tho, a slight sweet fuel smell, while the Apollo's mellowed into a Pine-Sol scent.
picture.php

picture.php

I pulled out my digi microscope and took some macros w/ it.

picture.php

picture.php

Also, here's a couple of shots of the 3 Flying Tiger girls in the tent.

Flying Tiger #1

Flying Tiger #5 & 17

I've taken the Kessil out of the tent and am using it to flower out my Apollo Trip male, along w/ a couple of Trip cuts for f2's, and a A11-GPC, all in one cardboard wardrobe.
In another, I have the UFO vegging a Cindy male, an A11-GPC, and A11 #6 & 10 cuts, along with two A11 males.
Where I was vegging the Flying Tiger's I've now flipped them to 12/12 w/ 7 undecided FT's, along w/ a A11-GPC and A11 #6 & 10.
Whew! :D

:ying:

Bi0hazard

Veteran
Highlighter,

What can I say? You are doing this absolutely proper! Those are some of the most beautiful apollo 11 specimens I've seen. I guess you have a knack for constantly knocking it out of the park?

The coloring and nugs of the A11 #10 and A-trip are phenomenal (top shelf status all the way), especially with the colder night temps induced coloring. I hope you saved cuts of these - heh.. keep the A11 breeding of all sorts coming. Loving every bit.

:tiphat::tiphat:

T

THE PABLOS

You have the Apollo stuff down my friend. Looks like a happy harvest. Looking forward to the Flying Tigers taking off.

Ruosk

Highlighter, dude, those Apollos look a lot like what I got... scored clones, so I can't be sure of heritage but appearence and effects sure fit the bill. Branching is heavy. Budsites are smallish, but there is A LOT of them. The high is at the same time thought provoking, yet calming and positive. Very, very clear and clearly sativa leaning, but not racy or pushy at all. Perfect for depression, anxiety & spiritual healing, definetely one of my favorite strains.

I'd kill for some of that pollen so I could make seeds. Been planning on hitting them with some C99.

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks fellas! :D
Ruosk, feel free to post your progress w/ her here. I've got the same plans w/ the C99. ;)

Bi0, you make me blush, thx for the kind words. Glad you can bare witness.
The Pablos, PP, as always, awesome to have both of you in my corner.

I plan on taking the next Trip down wednesday, w/ the other two following behind as time allows.

On the Flying Tiger front, 6 of the 7 "undecided's" were boys, the girl I brought over to the flower tent, squeeze her in. I may take down FT #14, the extra leggy one. They're all stretching pretty good.

Dying to up-can the VNT's soon, will take cuts 1st. Here they are @ 54 days.

I also dropped 20 more F13 x A11 beans, the last beans I'll pop til fall.

Be back w/ pics when I take that Trip down. :wave:

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I took down Apollo Trip #2 today at day 70. :D

Here's how she ended up.
picture.php

Top bud in natural light.
picture.php

Different bud w/ flash
picture.php

Hope to get to my fav AT #4 tomorrow.

17 for 20 w/ the 2nd rd. of F13 x A11's so far.
I've culled 8 from the 1st rd. of 25 due to mutant tendencies.

:tiphat:

Bi0hazard

Veteran
HL,

Incredible work as always. That is one heavy producer for Apollo genetics - That Atrip really ads interesting color. The nugs looks similar to some Orange Velvet's I've seen and that's saying a lot.

Do you know if those phenos are more towards the A13 or A11 spectrum? I've never had the pleasure of smoking A13 - so I'm always curious to find a pheno close to it. I think I might pick up a pack of some of the Apollo 13 BX's in the near future. I've been interested in smoking straight A13 for a while now - it's supposed to be trippier than A11?

Beautiful coloring, nug formation and resin production =) So glad to see all these Apollo revival projects in effect! My worries of Apollo becoming extinct are starting to seem a distant memory -which is phenomenal!

Can't wait to see how your FT crosses turn out...

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Raco mi amigo! :trampoline:
Thanks for taking off that moderator hat and saying hi! :D

Bi0, I'm pretty amazed by the coloration in the Trip.
As we know, Apollo is a very green strain, it's just never colored up for me in any situation, including OD.

Never smoked the A13, so can't comment, but as I remember, the AT was seemingly more euphoric than the straight A11, not trippy, and that's w/ the haze 19 in it!
One would think the coloration came from that haze, but the AT #1 is so dif from the other 3, still going, that I consider it the 'haze pheno'.
Problem is, it's the only AT that didn't color up! :biglaugh:

As I mentioned a while back, the AT #1 was throwing nanners. The others followed suit later in flower, but I'm guessing the #1 wasn't shooting blanks, as I'm seeing a few seeds. :(

I took down the #4 today @ 71 days. She yielded real well, more resinous and better aroma than the others.
Here she is:
picture.php

Here's the top cola, can you spot the nanner?
picture.php

Here's a lower bud w/ a very mature seed. This plant was next to the AT #1, which in turn was next to my oscillating fan. :headbash:
picture.php

In contrast, here's the AT #1.
picture.php

picture.php

lower bud shot w/ a couple seeds showing.
picture.php

the birds will be happy to eat those. :rolleyes:

I broke out the digi microscope for a few shots of the AT #4

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

:tiphat:

Bi0hazard

Veteran
It looks like you were trying to one up TacomaComa on the Grinderella he took down recently with that purple AT4 - lol.

Background picture worthy shots you got there.

Bi0hazard

Veteran
HL,

You better be submitting that Purple Photo for Pic of the Month =) There is something very special about the A13 genetic line I think - Look at all the coloring Sub_Cool had in his A13 genetics crosses. I'm definitely going to grab a A13 bx pack. This pic below is one of the best apollo expressions I've ever seen, and I love a good apollo.
Matter a fact... https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=4970716&postcount=9713

picture.php

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
Damn... I kept passing this thread for some reason.. I'm glad to see someone else working with A-11. My Apollo looks just like your Male from the original pack. Definitely a genius pheno. Its a 12+ year old Female I recently got from a friend.... Amazing looking so far. I am doing a breeding project with it for sure. It came from Amsterdam in the late 90s, a friend of a friend brought it back to America. They have kept it going every since. The person who originally brought it back from Amsterdam has passed since then.

I'm looking for a male keeper to make A-11 offspring... Aiming for close as possible to the original release. Definitely wanna do a few crosses I have in mind if I can ever get ahold of them. I wanna get a Sativa to give it a little kick, and stay under 70 days. Also a strong medicinal indica for pain med, and use the Apollo for a little cerebral stimulation. A commercial cross for SOG, and A tasty purple with cerebral effects.

Here is another example of the Zig-Zag
picture.php

Here is what I mean by it looking like your Male.. with the tropic single, and 3 leaf looking style. This was not even 2 weeks into flower, and already showing SUPER fast flowering.
picture.php

picture.php