Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Well Wishes > Kenny Rogers dies age 81 RIP

Thread Title Search
Kenny Rogers dies age 81 RIP Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-24-2020, 08:29 AM #21
Swamp Thang

Swamp Thang has much to be proud ofSwamp Thang has much to be proud ofSwamp Thang has much to be proud ofSwamp Thang has much to be proud ofSwamp Thang has much to be proud ofSwamp Thang has much to be proud ofSwamp Thang has much to be proud ofSwamp Thang has much to be proud ofSwamp Thang has much to be proud ofSwamp Thang has much to be proud ofSwamp Thang has much to be proud of
Old-school country music fan here, and I always loved Kenny Roger's songs because they were generally pretty easy to sing solo on my guitar, and generally lie within my vocal range.

Kenny Rogers was the quintessential story-telling song writer, so now I'll wander down memory lane via Youtube, in search of songs like "Coward of the County", "The Gambler", "Ruben James", "Evening Star" and a host of others too many to mention.

Sad to see ya saddle up this last time, Gambler. We'll see ya where the sky meets the desert, and the music goes on forever.

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-24-2020, 12:23 PM #22
aridbud
automeister

aridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivor
Forgot about Ruben James. Took my folks to see he and Dolly together in concert decades ago. Bravo!

Seeds have the power to preserve species, to enhance cultural as well as genetic diversity, to counter economic monopoly and to check the advance of conformity on all its many fronts.
Michael Pollan
"Never, ever be afraid to make some noise and get in good trouble, necessary trouble." ~John Lewis

afterthought autos
We are passionate auto breeders growing organically in the USA since 2008 and offer 34 autoflowering strains, 15 photoperiods, 10 CBD hemp hybrids in our decades of breeding expertise. afterthought autos - we are unique quality cannabis autoflower breeders for medical conditions and recreational stimulus. Auto breeding 14.5 years, and running strong! We're on SEEDBAY again...trio of goodies - autos, photoperiods and CBD hemp strains!

https://www.icmag.com/ic/forumdisplay.php?f=65770
aridbud is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-24-2020, 05:31 PM #23
BadTicket
ØG T®ipL3 ØG³

BadTicket is a survivorBadTicket is a survivorBadTicket is a survivorBadTicket is a survivorBadTicket is a survivorBadTicket is a survivorBadTicket is a survivorBadTicket is a survivorBadTicket is a survivorBadTicket is a survivorBadTicket is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by moses wellfleet View Post
The Gambler is an all time classic regardless of genre.
I think it's a story that everyone can relate to, regardless of genre. That's why most people like the song even if they don't like country/western.

Compared to Billy Ray Cyrus "Achy Breaky Heart" shit, which is a song that everyone hates, even if they only like country/western.

In a dream world at least..

Rest in peace Kenny Rogers, and thanks.

I'll get me coat.
BadTicket is offline Quote

Old 03-24-2020, 10:37 PM #24
Swamp Thang

Swamp Thang has much to be proud ofSwamp Thang has much to be proud ofSwamp Thang has much to be proud ofSwamp Thang has much to be proud ofSwamp Thang has much to be proud ofSwamp Thang has much to be proud ofSwamp Thang has much to be proud ofSwamp Thang has much to be proud ofSwamp Thang has much to be proud ofSwamp Thang has much to be proud ofSwamp Thang has much to be proud of
Among my favorite country songstresses, Alison Krause and Dolly Parton reworked this classic Kenny Rogers tune, evidently in a concert devoted to the man, while he sat in the audience.

https://youtu.be/PPpnA2UFjoA