What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What light spectrum is better?

Frankin0

Hi everyone, this is my first post on ICMAG and I guess you can help me :)

I've been on HID for two years, but now I want switch to led lighting because of power consumption.

I'm deciding between two led with different light spectrums, the first (A) have more green light compared to the other (B), but the second (B) have more red light, that I've read be foundamental for blooming.

Which do you reccommend?

Hope you can help me :)

Attachments

• Annotazione 2020-08-06 171051.jpg
    Annotazione 2020-08-06 171051.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 27
  • Annotazione 2020-08-06 171229.jpg
    Annotazione 2020-08-06 171229.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 31

Koondense

Veteran
I would use B. Looks around 3000K with added uv? Enough blue for full cycle. However also A looks good enough.

Cheers

tilopa

Are you using these for veg or flower, or both?

"A" is 4000k or more, it has much more blue (green is basically irrelevant), and would be better for vegging.

"B" is clearly better for flowering, it has more red which will promote better growth in flowers. Also it has a good amount of blue.

So,

If this is for veg go with "A".
If this is for either flower or both go with "B".

RockinRobot

Hi everyone, this is my first post on ICMAG and I guess you can help me :)

I've been on HID for two years, but now I want switch to led lighting because of power consumption.

I'm deciding between two led with different light spectrums, the first (A) have more green light compared to the other (B), but the second (B) have more red light, that I've read be foundamental for blooming.

Which do you reccommend?

Hope you can help me :)

Plants can't even see Green Light. The reason the Leaves apear green Is they absorb every other color and reglect the green. This is why i't safe to use a green Bulb if you need to work in your flower room during lights out.

As for the bulbe you listed I would think A would be a veg Light and I would want the higher red of the B for flower..

G

growhigh1233

i will only use hps or MH ... due to the heat they emit ....................for me a led would mean having to run a heat source in the winter thus kinda null n voiding the energy savings

bit of a old wives tales going around about led producing fluffier less resinous buds.........which is probably not true

if i had the cash id prob get some led just for summer growing but ....the outlay is wayyyy to big for my broke ass lol

Frankin0

i will only use hps or MH ... due to the heat they emit ....................for me a led would mean having to run a heat source in the winter thus kinda null n voiding the energy savings

bit of a old wives tales going around about led producing fluffier less resinous buds.........which is probably not true

if i had the cash id prob get some led just for summer growing but ....the outlay is wayyyy to big for my broke ass lol

I've used a 250w HP's lamp for two years, never thought to switch to another light source because I always had great results... But now I need to switch to led only because the bills will be paid from my new house owner, and living alone a 150€ bills of which 80 are consumed only from the growbox would be so suspicious ?...

G

growhigh1233

I've used a 250w HP's lamp for two years, never thought to switch to another light source because I always had great results... But now I need to switch to led only because the bills will be paid from my new house owner, and living alone a 150€ bills of which 80 are consumed only from the growbox would be so suspicious ?...

naaa just say your a big gamer, couple of towers with supercharged fans ect .............. its none of his business anyway imo.......... but its always good to have cheaper bills, so i can see the appeal

Koondense

Veteran
These lights will have a similar performance but keep in mind the two lights you posted are not drawing the same watts. The real comparison would be between SF1000 and mars TS1000, they are almost the same except the SF has better leds, meaning you get a bit more light compared to mars ts. I would pick the spider farmer but honestly would like to see for myself if there is any significant difference.
100w for a 60x60 is a bit on the low side but still enough to get some frosty colas.

Cheers

TahoeTops

Sounds like you are in a very cold climate.

This is absolutely not true! I've used both HID's and LED's. The LED's put out an incredibly dense bud. So dense that you can't just drop it in a bowl, you have to break it apart to smoke well! If i wasn't in such a warm climate, I would go back to HID's for my personal smoke. But if i were gowing commercially(which I am not) I would stick with the LED's.

Frankin0

These lights will have a similar performance but keep in mind the two lights you posted are not drawing the same watts. The real comparison would be between SF1000 and mars TS1000, they are almost the same except the SF has better leds, meaning you get a bit more light compared to mars ts. I would pick the spider farmer but honestly would like to see for myself if there is any significant difference.
100w for a 60x60 is a bit on the low side but still enough to get some frosty colas.

Cheers
You're getting confused man! Mars Hydro have a weird nomenclature for their TS series, so TS600 have 100w absorbtion and TS1000 150w!

For mine 60x60cm growbox i'm oriented to Mars Hydro TS1000 because of the higher par compared to SF1000, but SF1000 use newest and more efficient Samsung LM301B led... the ideal would be a Spider Farm board with 150w absorbtion...

Would you suggest a 150w quantum board with Samnsung LM301B or LM301H led? I was looking for Sonlight Quantum board https://www.sonlight.it/led-sonlight-quantum-board-150w-49696.html but is too much expansive...

Koondense

Veteran
You're right FrankinO, the names are indeed misleading, as almost always with chinese products.
Anyway the TS1000 is a better product for a 60x60, actually 150W is around the optimum for higher g/W figures, plus the dimming capacity can make your light a bit more efficient(not LM301 level but still ok).
I would not dig too deep whether LM301B or H is a better option. They have the same specs amid some structural differences, they will perform basically the same. But if the price is the same I would rather take the H version.
If it's your first led light, you will surely be happy with the 150W mars. They're pretty cheap and seem reliable.

Cheers