What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Aerocloner and Rockwool

Grapefruitroop

Hi y all!
Built an aerocloner and i love it! 100% success
DSCN0858.jpg
Im reading around about rockwool and i was wondering how to use an aereocloner for next batch if i wanted to transplant the rooted cuts in those cubes...
Im guessing i could fill the netpot with a small cube and shove it inside the machine? Or transplant it in crutons?
Thanks

I think if you're planning on using rockwool filled netpots in the cloner, you're asking for too much moisture and trouble.

If you want to transplant aero cloned cuts to rockwool, the croutons in net pots would be the way to go. You could also use the large rock wool cubes if you wanted, you would just slice one side open, from the middle out, and sandwich the roots in the slice. If you did that, you might want to put a rubber band around it for a couple days, till the roots grow and hold it together.

Fixer

I had some cylindrical rockwool from Grodan that was split along the side of the cylinder so you could lay a clone or seedling into it after they had rooted. I'd root your plant and insert it into the rockwool after it leaves the cloner/paper towel. :tiphat:

Grapefruitroop

Thanks guys!:pimp3:
Yeah i see how a cube in the clones will turn into a soggy mess fast!! Ill see if i can find Croutons round here or i ll sandwich a cube!!

bs0

Those clones look awesome. What did you use in the cloner? Straight water or additives?

Joint Lock

What i do is a take a cube and slice it half. once i have roots in the cloner. then gently put the stem and roots into the cube and close the cube back up . Once the roots grow into the cube it will hold its self closed like a cube normally does soon as i put clones into cubes i place them in the system (DWC or EF) in my case the hydroton or pea gravel holds the cube together until roots poke thru the cubes to hold them together on its own

mojave green

rockin in the free world
Veteran
I had some cylindrical rockwool from Grodan that was split along the side of the cylinder so you could lay a clone or seedling into it after they had rooted. I'd root your plant and insert it into the rockwool after it leaves the cloner/paper towel. :tiphat:
I use those for all my cloning needs.

Grapefruitroop

Whays act
It stands for Areated Compost Tea

check this
microbeorganics.com for more info!

Thanks guys for the replies....i actually found out that cloning straight in rockwool is fast as the aerocloner and also set and forget in my environment, so i ditched the clonermachine (ill reuse the res and pump for other projects F&D) and now
im rockin rockwool:rtfo:

Joint Lock

Hi y all!
Built an aerocloner and i love it! 100% success
View attachment 543929
Im reading around about rockwool and i was wondering how to use an aereocloner for next batch if i wanted to transplant the rooted cuts in those cubes...
Im guessing i could fill the netpot with a small cube and shove it inside the machine? Or transplant it in crutons?
Thanks

They are awesome . i changed mine tho to a DIY DWC oxycloner cuz i notice jets get clogged and then u got room for failure with Aero . But both work great