What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Can very strong pot have little smell?

Treevly

Low-odour marijuana? I have stuff in flower with more or less no smell at all. Other stuff is potodourous. Is there any correlation
between smell & strength? Eh?

Chi13

ICMag Donor
I have some very strong pot that has minimal smell. I learned years ago that you couldn't always tell how good pot is from either looks or smell.

'Boogieman'

I grew Northern lights that had a faint smell but was pretty potent many years ago when I first started growing, and have smoked plenty of smelly weed that was disappointing in effect. I think smell is a good sign but there are exceptions to everything.

Wow, this is exactly my concern these days, as in a few previous grows. I'm growing in the same spot (basement room) but it has a small area of no floor (to accommodate sewer clean-outs) and soil is exposed in room. (floor for remainder of floor was poured within last 10 years)
In my case, I suspect lack of smell is due to poor ventilation and heat/humidity control. It kills me, too, because everything else seems so dialed in. I get awesome seedlings and young plants in a totally different area of the basement but it's too small to flower in.
Anyone else have any clues, thoughts as to why we're not getting those wonderfully smelly buds we all love?

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Low-odour marijuana? I have stuff in flower with more or less no smell at all. Other stuff is potodourous. Is there any correlation
between smell & strength? Eh?

It's all in the genetics, Treevly.