What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

MrNice Super Silver Haze

Morphote

Veteran
I’d use just the 6500k and increase dark cycle to 18/6. Is it under a dome? Good to see you posting again l33t.

M.

leet

MNS SSH - Day 18

picture.php

TheDarkStorm

Hiya Dark the father of mango haze is not the same as used in SSH Nevil told me he gave shanti seed of SkHz and told him to look threw that for the father of MH.

I then found this post by Shanti

Hempy I spoke to about this before....did nevil tell you wat year he gave shanti the skunk haze seed an that it was actually a hazeA hybrid...cuz as far as I remember they wer selling the skunk hazeC as well as mango haze and ssh all in bud form before mr nice was ever created...the ssh father must of been tested on other things too eg the 122 c5...
Anyway this was also posted by shanti
...quote shanti..All these descriptions have been written by myself or Neville so they will represent the strain as accurately as our experience goes.
"MR NICE SEEDBANK; ‘MANGO HAZE’
This strain is a parallel line to the Super Silver Haze, i.e. it has the same Haze father and the mother is a sister of the SSH. end quote

An I also spoke to you about leet bringing up this very subject over on shanti site...Jessie answered an found the very first version of that exact passage you put up...wich then was changed to say both ssh an mango haze had hazeA an hazeC...then edited again to say only mango haze had hazeA...also the pure haze males nevil used wernt made from two plants from 1969 they wer the 1969 males...the only plant that was made using both males from 1969 an is closets in line to them is the original nevils haze...shanti claims that since the beginning of mr nice all plantworks an seed wer made by him not nevil

Anyway heres the quote showing wen the father was found an tested
Quote.
When Nev had found the female line to breed to the haze male to create SSH there was alot of testing and sampling done by quite some legends....Mango is a parallel cross of the SSH.That means the same father but different mothers from the same generation that SSH's mother originated from.Lets say you have two sisters and they had children with the same man...basically...."

Then jessies quote with qoutes from shanti

Quote. I think I may be able to help clear up some of the confusion for you, they dont have the same mother plant,there are two different NL5HzC mother plants. Sisters. Having talked with quite a few members privately I have found this kind of information is very confusing for even the most experienced growers. I think the reason you interpreted all of that as having the same mother, is because you werent recognizing the fact there are two different mother plants because their pedigree's are both NL5HzC. So on paper, the pedigree's will look identical even when talking about seperate plants.

I was lucky enough to be one of the original Mango Haze Beta Seeds testers, many years ago now. Im still in possession of those beans to this day actually, having grown them I can tell you they were just fucking amazing! Astonishing even! The main thing I want to concentrate on, is the ultimate lineage of the Mango Haze. The Original beta test seeds Mango Haze was a parallel line to the Super Silver Haze. Their pedigree's were very similar, but with some slight difference. Essentially, the Mango Haze pedigree on the male side was the same father as Super Silver Haze. Which ofcourse, is Skunk HzC.

But the difference between Mango Haze and Super Silver Haze is, the sister of the mother of Super Silver Haze was used to create Mango Haze. So we have two different female NL5HzC here in the equation, one is the mother of SSH and the other is the mother of Mango haze. Sister Mother plants.

So the original Beta test seeds lineage was
Originally Posted by shantibaba
"......When Nev had found the female line to breed to the haze male to create SSH there was alot of testing and sampling done by quite some legends....Mango is a parallel cross of the SSH.That means the same father but different mothers from the same generation that SSH's mother originated from.Lets say you have two sisters and they had children with the same man...basically...."

What I think has happened, is the quotes you've dug up here correspond to that of the Beta Test seeds, which ofcourse were just that. Test seeds. And the lineage was ultimately tweaked by MNS later down the road, for todays version of Mango Haze. Which ofcourse, is now apparently Skunk x Hz A, as the father of Mango Haze instead of the Original Beta test Seeds father of Skunk x Hz C.
Originally Posted by shantibaba
just to clear the air from confusion and before you all go making a legend from myth here is how it was done and is done still....

-Mango comes from a parallel cross same as SSH but with one difference
Haze A male combined to Sk 1 or Sk HzA being the male plant, the female is NL5HzC....that is the breeding of those three plants
So having established that the Orginal beta test seeds pedigree for Mango Haze contained the same father as Super Silver Haze, Skunk x Hz C and that the Mango Haze released on the market today has a Skunk x Hz A as the father we can assume the reason for the two contradictions is the pedigree was just simply changed. The constant in the equation is the NL5HzC, but there are two different mother plants for the respected SSH and Mango Varietys.

It can be a little complicated, I know. But it does appear as if a change was made on the father side of the Beta Test Seed Mango haze compared to the Mango Haze on the market today. It sounded like Shanti was adament about stopping the confusion and the making of legends from myths when he wrote about the pedigree's, so it only seems logical to assume the father plants were simply changed in between the times the Beta test Seeds were being discussed and the variety available today.

This is a very special Mango Haze pheno, the most Indica dominant Mango Haze Ive grown to date. End quote

Then we come to the current mango haze wich is official listed as hazeC doubled.. an the oldest quote describing it as hazeC doubled too..yeah the plant has been stabalized now compared to the test seed...but it still tastes the same....im sure ive seen quotes from shanti saying the mr nice mango haze was worked from old seed...il see if I can find them..

Any way sory leet to take your thread off track...lets get back to your ssh.

William76

Maybe the beta test mango haze should br xd to the original 97 ssh,that would make an excellent haze line,specially with proper selection,pity their so rare.76

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Hi Dark i wont quote you so i dont over fill Leets post with unrelated topics so shoot me a pm mate.

All i will say here is the HazeA was crossed to other plants that were never released and the Father of SSH is not the same plant used in the Mango test seed going by what Nevil told me.

Even shati posted saying it was a SkHzA used as the father in MH .

leet

MNS SSH - Day 24

Now transplanted into 2 liter pot mix of peat , coco , compost , perlite and dry ferts ( palm ash , seabird guano , biobizz premix ) and watered with beneficial bacteria/fungi and seaweed. Temps 29c at night , 32c day.

picture.php

leet

Today we are celebrating !

2nd MNS SSH is up (after 12 days in sterilized cotton) ! YESSSS! Let's see if its gonna make it !

picture.php

leet

MNS SSH#1 _ day 28

I love the look of this plant...

Still too warm.. 34c.. :(

picture.php

Last edited:

leet

Temps still around 29c-30c at night 33-34c during day.. 18/6 mix of 3000k and 6500K leds . 100% organic

MNS SSH#1 _ Day 30

picture.php

MNS SSH#2 _ Day 4

picture.php

leet

Hi Haze fans,

Good news! SSH#1 is confirmed female! yay! I am cloning her tomorrow and then I will flower her !

Still 33c during day 29c during night... 100% Organic. 18/6 with LED ( around 170w ) 3000k/6500k mix

SSH#1 at day 37 / week 5

picture.php

Then there is SSH#2 at day 11 which seemed it to make it the first stage but its struggling a bit with the 2nd stage... some DNA/hormone repair hopefully and we are back in business :D

picture.php

I am hoping SSH2#2 will be male.. so I can do F2 but if I get a female it's still fine with me !

Latest posts

Latest posts