What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Attack on Portland

djav59

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2020/07/nothing-can-justify-attack-portland/614413/
Trumo is attacking Portland because it is giving the most resistance to him.
original.jpg
Also its the most Liberal city in the US keep fighting Portland !

White Beard

Nothing like a little secret-police action to liven things up in an otherwise peaceful place!

Do you suppose the protesters should have waved guns, blocked hospital access, and demanded haircuts? Then it would have been “clear” they were only ‘peaceful protesters standing up for their constitutional rights‘...rather than dangerous terrorists armed with...t-shirts...and signs...and masks.

Anyone supporting these quasi-official forces is supporting the violent destruction of the USA by the sitting administration, which continues to ignore the courts and snatch as much ersatz authority as the McConnell GOP will cover for. Quislings, traitors, cheering on the violent semi-military suppression of their fellow citizens pursuing their legitimate right to petition for redress.

Or duped fools who will fall for what their handlers feed them. Then again, could be both.

q3corn

Last night was very interesting because it seemed the federal officers were on their own defending the court house. The mass of 2000+ people outside demanding they leave was met with a few bursts of tear gas and rubber bullets, after which the feds retreated back into the building. Portland police were nowhere to be found, which was probably the most surprising part of it all.

hubcap

StackinCalyxs
Veteran
I'm having trouble understanding how destruction of government property is equivalent to "peaceful" "protest."
I care not for pissing contests with those that think one team is better than the other.
But, frankly speaking, if it was a buncha "Trumpsters" that were doing the rioting (yes, rioting NOT protesting peacefully) y'all would be demanding heads on pikes.
You can deny it all you like, but, there is an extreme double standard in this country when it comes to this crap.
Everyone needs to relax, and go back to -honest- and -peaceful- and NON DESTRUCTIVE protest, otherwise, you and your cause is doomed to fail.

Just calling it as I see it. These people in Portland aren't going to like what they get if they get what they want. Bet on it.

I just don't get it. Their actions are completely counter-productive.

Could you imagine the butthurt if Trumpkins took over federal buildings and destroyed public property?

NEITHER side is right.

-cap, out.

GeorgeWBush

Veteran
Sad what they've done to portland,these frail,pasty,ignorant little rich kids that hate their parents, are unskilled,un educated but highly indoctrinated by ultra left wing radicalized education .No motivation to get a job or contribute to society but high motivated to loot, riot,deface and burn down their community...The utter failure and cowardice of both the mayor and governer in their failure to be able to admit they've lost control of the situation and ask for federal assistance, cowardice like that get's rewarded with 60 straight nights of violence,rioting, arson,and death...
Have you seen what they've done to Portland ? It's starting to resemble a 3rd world slum...
This is a bit of a ramble ..My 3 main point's are.
Normal people in Portland, just regular Americans they feel like hostages of a corrupt and incompetent Mayor, a cowardly governer,and an angry mob of violent activist groups ,
Those Americans are who I feel for.And ,like me,they are happy to see DHS intervention.
The 2nd point is : history will not look upon favorablly the failures of incompetent Mayors and governers .History will judge them as they are and as I said...
The 3rd point is : nothing is going to be a bigger help to the reelection campaign of Donald Trump
Than these very same indoctrinated children of Democratically run cities...

Trump 2020

JKD

Veteran
If you haven't yet read How Democracies Die by Steven Levitsky and Daniel Ziblatt it is well worth a look over. While it was published in 2018 as a response to the election of Trump, it now reads as a prescient step-by-step to what has happened since, and may happen in future.

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm having trouble understanding how destruction of government property is equivalent to "peaceful" "protest."
I care not for pissing contests with those that think one team is better than the other.
But, frankly speaking, if it was a buncha "Trumpsters" that were doing the rioting (yes, rioting NOT protesting peacefully) y'all would be demanding heads on pikes.
You can deny it all you like, but, there is an extreme double standard in this country when it comes to this crap.
Everyone needs to relax, and go back to -honest- and -peaceful- and NON DESTRUCTIVE protest, otherwise, you and your cause is doomed to fail.

Just calling it as I see it. These people in Portland aren't going to like what they get if they get what they want. Bet on it.

I just don't get it. Their actions are completely counter-productive.

Could you imagine the butthurt if Trumpkins took over federal buildings and destroyed public property?

NEITHER side is right.

-cap, out.

you must mean like jews will not replace use and a dead young woman.

Lrus007

Veteran
this is not a protest, it is a riot.
needs to stop...

Attachments

• picture-5.jpg
    picture-5.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 22

Klompen

Nothing like a little secret-police action to liven things up in an otherwise peaceful place!

Do you suppose the protesters should have waved guns, blocked hospital access, and demanded haircuts? Then it would have been “clear” they were only ‘peaceful protesters standing up for their constitutional rights‘...rather than dangerous terrorists armed with...t-shirts...and signs...and masks.

Anyone supporting these quasi-official forces is supporting the violent destruction of the USA by the sitting administration, which continues to ignore the courts and snatch as much ersatz authority as the McConnell GOP will cover for. Quislings, traitors, cheering on the violent semi-military suppression of their fellow citizens pursuing their legitimate right to petition for redress.

Or duped fools who will fall for what their handlers feed them. Then again, could be both.

The problem is that the only effective resistance party is completely sold-out. Even Bernie betrays us. They all need to go... but how? If there's a revolution, it probably won't end with anyone better running things. Things sure can't stay the way they are though.

Klompen

Trump supporters hem and haw about government overreach telling them to wear masks and generally not be selfish monsters, but then cheer as the president unleashes secret police to terrorize people that they disagree with. Everything that they claimed to need their guns for is happening right now, and they're supporting it. Its incredible.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Last night was very interesting because it seemed the federal officers were on their own defending the court house. The mass of 2000+ people outside demanding they leave was met with a few bursts of tear gas and rubber bullets, after which the feds retreated back into the building. Portland police were nowhere to be found, which was probably the most surprising part of it all.

if i was a career LEO, i would not be out there protecting folks that wear combat geat snatching folks off of the streets in my city either. i WOULD consider surrounding the buildings the feds are supposedly there to protect & FORCE them to stay inside. "deviate from your mission & WE WILL make you regret it!" those asshats do not need to be cruising around in unmarked vehicles wearing body armor etc with no identifying markings/names trying to intimidate people. damn good way to get shot...:tiphat:

djav59

Certain so called members posting here are site agitators they are either cops or assholes with nothing to do I have seen them on other sites doing the same thing.