What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Different production method Blonde VS Red Lebanese Hash?

Lebanizer

... a leb awaiting oldtimer haze pollen in my mini tent. Male lebs have been used to make more ibl leb and some early outdoor hybrids aswell. tried to get the most i could from a packet of seeds
That's a cross I've always been curious about. I even wanted to make it but then I had to be honest with myself, I know i'll never grow OTH in the near future anyway. If you ever grow your Leb x OTH cross, please do post about it on the forum, i'll bring my pop corn ;)

acespicoli

This study may put science behind what the local farmers have been doing in the harvesting of hash plants

https://onlinelibrary.wiley. com/doi/full/10.1111/tpj.14516 (link broken, fix to read more of the paper with great pictures as well)

Summary​

The cannabis leaf is iconic, but it is the flowers of cannabis that are consumed for the psychoactive and medicinal effects of their specialized metabolites. Cannabinoid metabolites, together with terpenes, are produced in glandular trichomes. Superficially, stalked and sessile trichomes in cannabis only differ in size and whether they have a stalk. The objectives of this study were: to define each trichome type using patterns of autofluorescence and secretory cell numbers, to test the hypothesis that stalked trichomes develop from sessile-like precursors, and to test whether metabolic specialization occurs in cannabis glandular trichomes. A two-photon microscopy technique using glandular trichome intrinsic autofluorescence was developed which demonstrated that stalked glandular trichomes possessed blue autofluorescence correlated with high cannabinoid levels. These stalked trichomes had 12–16 secretory disc cells and strongly monoterpene-dominant terpene profiles. In contrast, sessile trichomes on mature flowers and vegetative leaves possessed red-shifted autofluorescence, eight secretory disc cells and less monoterpene-dominant terpene profiles. Moreover, intrinsic autofluorescence patterns and disc cell numbers supported a developmental model where stalked trichomes develop from apparently sessile trichomes. Transcriptomes of isolated floral trichomes revealed strong expression of cannabinoid and terpene biosynthetic genes, as well as uncharacterized genes highly co-expressed with CBDA synthase. Identification and characterization of two previously unknown and highly expressed monoterpene synthases highlighted the metabolic specialization of stalked trichomes for monoterpene production. These unique properties and highly expressed genes of cannabis trichomes determine the medicinal, psychoactive and sensory properties of cannabis products.

grayeyes

As I understand the process, blond hash is made using as little heat as possible (about 105 degrees) before pressing. Red hash comes from higher temperatures in pressing. When heated kief turns darker.

troutman

Seed Whore
As I understand the process, blond hash is made using as little heat as possible (about 105 degrees) before pressing. Red hash comes from higher temperatures in pressing. When heated kief turns darker.

Kind of like, when you put butter in a frying pan it melts nice yellow vs
black grease from turning the stove on high to warm the house. :ROFLMAO: