What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Different production method Blonde VS Red Lebanese Hash?

Cvh

Supermod
Nice plant Troutman! Correct that this picture of your plant is also on the RSC website?

Looks like this one is a columnar pheno. Did you had other pheno's too?
Did this one or any of your other Lebanese autoflower? And how was the smell and high?

troutman

Seed Whore
Nice plant Troutman! Correct that this picture of your plant is also on the RSC website?

Looks like this one is a columnar pheno. Did you had other pheno's too?
Did this one or any of your other Lebanese autoflower? And how was the smell and high?

Yes, it's mine. :dance013:

Some had more branches. I don't think any were autoflowering.

Rembetis

Hello Cvh,

have you checked out the Ace thread on their Leb? I recently posted on my last run in there.
I got some very nice Citrus undertones. One plant in particular had very sweet Lemon which was very strong during flower. Another had very strong hash smells in flower. Interestingly those two were the fastest finishing at 50 days with milky Trichs and some amber. The Lemon plant had more amber and both had red Trichomes. The rest went to 70 days and had the Hash and Citrus undertones but were no where near as strong odors.

I find the Lebanese to be a very well balanced and clean high. Very pleasant. Hits both the head and body but not heavy like an Afghani. Wont glue you to the couch.

The trim hash that I collected under my screen was Blonde and smokes very smooth. When it gets cold I am going to run it thru my tumbler and can tell you more at that time.

These dont auto flower but they will trigger at 14 hours or what would be late July/Aug outdoors in Lebanon

ngakpa

Veteran
the above plants are from seeds I collected from the 2008 harvest from an old-timer hash smoker in Bekaa Valley

he made his own personal stash from plants grown in the mountains above Bekaa, which is where he said the best of the crop is grown

fwiw, re. the above, Bekaa Valley is in the mountains

even Yammouneh is about 1,400 metres

Rembetis

I will give your Lebanese a try as well Ngakpa when I get time. I believe your line and Aces were collected at different times from the same area so it will be interesting to compare the two.

DenverJim

Genetics: Pure Lebanese Landrace (used for resin production)
Origin: Personally collected in Beqaa Valley (2018 harvest)
Purpose: Hashish (sieved)
Latitude: 34° N
Harvest: From August until September
Height: 0.5 – 1.5 metres
Aroma: Incense, light citrus, cedar, pine, apple, light lemon, earthy
Characteristics: Early finisher, columnar and spherical phenotypes, resinous, not too tall
Grow Type: Outdoors, greenhouse, indoors
10 Seeds pr pack

Lebanese landrace sourced in 2019 from autumn/winter 2018 harvest in various villages growing these beautiful plants with great breeding potential. This accession originates from various villages in the Baqaa region, especially those from the North. Plants are grown starting from 1700 metres and above. The Lxxxxrxxx xxxx has collected from these mountains villages various accessions from families that have been growing thes e plants from grandfathers to grandsons. They have only grown this plant for as long as they can remember and it is know that plants from higher altitudes are the finest examples for Lebanese hash production.

The plant, particularly in this region, has an ancient tradition and is well known for its great quality and as a great breeding tool as it is considered an early finisher, locally harvested from August to September.

The distinctive features and aromas of these plants are incense, earth, lemon., apple, cedar and pine.
Lebanese landraces are very compact and mature early. It is also possible to find red and purple colours along with green and blonde when havest time approaches.

There are two different structures easily distinguishable: the short classic hash plants measuring around half metre mainly grown for industrial hash production that have a columnar shape with few side branches and a long main stem and penotypes that have more side branches, more bushy and with an almost spherical shape, thicker.

The Landrace Team has two different accessions. One of which obtained from a renowned place for Red Lebanese hash and the other where green and blonde phenotypes are grown. We were also given a special selection of red and purple plants spotted in the fields but numbers ar elow therefore we have decided to keep them as souvenirs and possibly grow them to see what comes out. The local farmers used the word “mutation” meaning that these plants were the only ones displaying red and purple color in a field of green and blonde plants. (some edits)

How do they get the water up the mountain? they don't. The valleys are around 600M ~1800 ft They grow starting at 1700 M ~5100 ft. the reason they grow there is that no food crops will. This is the only way they can survive. Just like Morocco.

ngakpa

Veteran
Ha, that strain description looks familiar!

Well, they say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery...

Anyway...

Re. ACE - I don't know the origin of the Lebanese they have worked

All I can tell you is that shortly after I collected the Lebanese from Bekaa in winter 2008, several groups started working with Lebanese lines, including in Spain, and there was a Skunk No. 1 x "Liban Import" released too

I know at least one group of Spanish breeders were working with my Lebanese accession, but that's it

Anyway...

All I can tell you is that shortly after I collected the Lebanese from Bekaa in winter 2008, several groups started working with Lebanese lines, including in Spain, and there was a Skunk No. 1 x "Liban Import" released too

I know at least one group of Spanish breeders were working with my Lebanese accession, but that's it

Thank you for seed collection. I have never grown your seed, but efforts from people like you give me hope for the future of genetics. If it were not for people like you bringing genetics to your homeland and offering to the world some strains we would never be know or could be lost. Don’t worry about who uses your seed or gets credit for its marketing. Your a hero in the weed world, keep up the good work.

Rembetis

Thanks Ngakpa. The grow and smoke reports look to be very similar which is what I was looking for. I appreciate having access to multiple lines from a given area.

Last edited:

funkyhorse

I can't read about the ME without thinking about the cannabis trade, and it's involvement in the strife. Bekka valley being one of the hotspots.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/arch...f-drugs/9cca8a22-5a60-4529-9d5c-cfedf083af4f/

All that hash!!! Not a fan of the white.

This one from Washington Post is a very interesting article and it provides the answer to the question What happened to lebanese hash and why it vanished
Not all the facts written in the article are accurate but some things are like this one: "By the mid-1980s, poppy fields were rapidly replacing the marijuana fields"
So they turned to poppy production and by the end of 80's they started to grow ganja and stopped making hash. By the time the article was written, just a couple of months before Gulf War I, hashish was not available anymore, ganja was very hard to find but there was plenty heroin on the market

Anyway...

Let's try to avoid emotional thinking and use the brain
I certainly appreciate your words because it is difficult to understand what you are exactly referring to when you say they copy or imitate me and it is clear it pisses you off emotionally and then your words become blurred I have a few things to say about this

I am afraid this is not about flattery but rather you are setting trends and creating models and you need to understand it is not something personal, whoever is setting trends at any activity is always going to be the model to imitate
Specially when you work in Asia, you see it very clearly. You have an advantage in this situation, since you are the one setting the trend, you have more experience using the trend/model you yourself have set and you always have a year or two advantage over your competition. It is up to you to get pissed off about it or instead use your brain in order to create newer trends and you always be at the top of the game. I had a profession similar to yours and copying, imitating or pirating is at the order of the day, specially in Asia, getting pissed off about it is not going to help

And yes, after checking your competition websites I must say the imitation comes in different and varied forms and the problem is that your competitors copy indiscriminately the good things and the bullshit

This is the origin of Ace seeds:
I remember that plant! Beautiful expression!
I started bringing seeds to Spain from Lebanon in the early '90s. Seeds were collected from imported dry flowers purchased in Israel.
A Lebanese x THH F2 would be something interesting to dig in.

Frooooooooodoooooooooo!
Miss those days.
I must come for a visit Sir!

I sourced those dried flowers about 100 grams every week for a few years for my southamerican friends and me
They used to come with a lot of sand/rock dessert dust. One of the friends washed the buds before smoking them. It was a 90 minute high which allowed you to work, as with every landrace, some batches were better than others. But what I must clearly say is that it is not a hash plant at all and it has nothing to do or compare with the lebanese hash of the 80's. What Ace seeds have is lebanese 90's which is a ganja plant that has being treated or selected as hash plant?
I enjoyed those flowers when I rolled it together with Manali charas which I had access too at that time. The combination brought the best of both. Both Raco and Grassman have published pictures of the plants and they dont look like Troutman picture at all

About the issue of people suddenly bringing out their lebanese accessions after you released yours, you should understand it is the clear initial reaction of dealers watching there is a new player in the game and they certainly were trying to hurt sales. But your accession is not the only one and all of you are in a business trying to make money and you shouldnt expect your competitors to be kind or nice to you when they feel you are biting on their market share

Another thing I find contradictory is that you encourage people to work and make more seeds from your strains. It is reasonable spanish and other nationality breeders are using your stock and working not only with your lebanese accession, why it bothers you?

Medfinder

Chemon 91
Hi guys,

I hope any of you know the answer or could set me on the correct path.

My question is, does anybody know that there was a different method involved in producing Blonde VS Red Lebanese Hash?

I once heard that to produce Blonde Hash they would harvest the plants earlier and vice versa for the Red Hash. That the red colour comes from the amber colour of the trichomes when left growing for longer.

Or is it because of genetics? Which I personally doubt.

Anybody any input?

Thanks.

Scored 3 zips of Red Leb in ocean beach cali 1979...

Softer..fresher.. more pain relief than blond.

As far as technical production don't have a clue how pressing worked back then.

I used an ISO 2 and made red led oil..ahh...memorys

El Supremo

I was intrigued because I've become more interested in hash. And so when I saw a chunk of really red hash, I thought, that is interesting! And then people said it may be the best in the world with its more narcotic buzz. So I went looking for this. But really, I have no idea what I would be getting. Is it a sativa or indica? I've gotten both answers. And some threads, they just flat out say they don't know. They can't tell from how it grows and the buzz? Not much for connosseurs. Then I was trying the impossibility of finding some one on the web who has published an accurate THC level. I think that beautiful chunk of red hashish might top out at 13.5% These White Widows have over a month still to go to finish at eight weeks. But they seem to be finishing faster because clones always do. The positive talking points for going to the trouble to get Red Lebanese regular seeds are that:
  • They are good for breeding. Nice. I want to do some breeding.
  • You can maybe get that red tint for your hash if you find the right phenotypes in your room and extend the flowering period. I would find a redder pheno and clone it off.
  • High CBD level. At least that's what they say. And 13.5 is not bad for THC. Not the greatest but not bad either.
But really I realized I'm just chasing a novelty. Because I can find and grow cultivars that make much more potent hash than this. Done that. Hash that makes your nose tingle when you mix it with bud in the vape. I grow strains that top out near or beyond 20% THC. The hashish I vape will kick your ass. If I want hashish with a different color than blond there are better options. Like growing Grandaddy Purple again and pumping cold air to it the last several weeks. They'll get colorful and maybe that will give a different color hash. There are strains also that make dark brown hash.

One of my White Widows really was a reddish phenotype the last time and the clones from it have reddish buds at only three weeks of flowering. The leaves started getting reddish/purplish, also. And I didn't pump cold air into it. This is in its heritage. Others have had WW's get reddish. But I won't preserve it. The mother was infected with something and I killed it. Too bad. Look how red the buds got on this "Red Widow."

IMG_9190.JPG
IMG_9200.JPG
IMG_9199.JPG

Last edited:

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I discovered that aged material will produce Red drysift.
I have many bags of trim and seed material some 2 years old even more and the oldest material trim/flowers will produce Red drysift .
I dont believe its the Drysift that is cured and turns Red as i have drysifts that are years old and still that yellow colour.

Ive also experienced it in some of the best Moroccan Hash like the old school Caramelo ( Beldia) that has that Red tinge to it.
Caramelo ( Beldia )which they traditionally used to cured the flower untill next year before they beat the plants , maybe ? even 2 years if they had that much material to work or no time to work it.

Pic is a Hash Joint of 3 different Drysift i made , Red at top ( seversl years cured flowers were used to make the Red drysift) and 2 other drysift more yellow( 6-12 month cured material used ) and some Moroccan Hash worms on top
20220816_154322.jpg
20220816_154336.jpg
20220816_154928.jpg
20220816_154931.jpg
20220816_195927.jpg

Last edited:

kro-magnon

Veteran
OMG, you're smoking joints with only hachich inside, I had no idea it was possible.
I had some red lebanese a few times and I really loved the taste and high it had, I'd be happy to smoke some of this treat again. I miss the high grade hach I could get in Europe in the 90's, I even went to the Riff mountain to get the best of the best in 99. I went in a farm in the Chef Chaouen region.

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
OMG, you're smoking joints with only hachich inside, I had no idea it was possible.
I had some red lebanese a few times and I really loved the taste and high it had, I'd be happy to smoke some of this treat again. I miss the high grade hach I could get in Europe in the 90's, I even went to the Riff mountain to get the best of the best in 99. I went in a farm in the Chef Chaouen region.
These joints had some flower added on top but yes ive smoked many Hash only joints but 0.2 flower will help it burn easier. I roll these Hash joints every week when i see my brother as he doesnt smoke the pipe or bong , joints only.

Ive done pure drysift joints( my drysift)with Moroccan Resin on top , no flower at all and it surprisingly does burn fine non stop for 75 minutes and no need to light again , once lit will burn continuously for 60-75 minutes if you continue smoking it.

Very potent

Wow thats amazing you went to the Rif , i hope to also 1 day and even do a Hash project myself with farmers in the Rif valley

Lebanizer

^^
This doesn't look like hash but only sieved resin, it looks very fluffy. Sure hash is made from the dry sift but the latter has to be pressed into blocks to really become full fledged hash. The pressing into blocks allows various chemical reactions that wouldn't take place otherwise with the dry sift and which affect both the aroma and the high.

shiva82

ace lebanese seedrun in my mini greenhouse and a leb awaiting oldtimer haze pollen in my mini tent. Male lebs have been used to make more ibl leb and some early outdoor hybrids aswell. tried to get the most i could from a packet of seeds

Attachments

• IMG_2697.JPG
    IMG_2697.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 52
  • IMG_2707.JPG
    IMG_2707.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 69
  • IMG_2757.JPG
    IMG_2757.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 59
  • IMG_2754.JPG
    IMG_2754.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 47
  • IMG_2763.JPG
    IMG_2763.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 50

kro-magnon

Veteran
These joints had some flower added on top but yes ive smoked many Hash only joints but 0.2 flower will help it burn easier. I roll these Hash joints every week when i see my brother as he doesnt smoke the pipe or bong , joints only.

Ive done pure drysift joints( my drysift)with Moroccan Resin on top , no flower at all and it surprisingly does burn fine non stop for 75 minutes and no need to light again , once lit will burn continuously for 60-75 minutes if you continue smoking it.

Very potent

Wow thats amazing you went to the Rif , i hope to also 1 day and even do a Hash project myself with farmers in the Rif valley
I'm really surprised you have been able to smoke pure resin, I always thought it would not be smokable alone, it must be insanely strong to smoke this way.
About the Riff region, it was a long time ago I went there and I don't know how it is today but I had decided to go to Chef Chaouen because it's much safer than Ketama. I met with a guy in the city who brought me to a farm after a few days because I wanted to see how it was done. The hach I bought there was the best I've ever smoked from Marocco, it had a little redish tint once it was compacted in olives. It was in 99 so there was only traditional strains when I went, I don't know today how easy it would be to find the same type of hach.