What's new

LST mistake... Main stem snapped at 4th node

smogo

Title pretty much says it all... went a bit too hard on the LST (sativa) about 5 weeks from seed. Starting showing pre-flowers (which are now gone along with a significant portion of the plant)

Before:
picture.php

After:
picture.php

picture.php

How badly have I fucked up? I'm mainly concerned with reduced yields, stem rot, herms, and delaying flipping by a 2/3 weeks. I'm guessing all are a possibility and only time will tell...

SuperBadGrower

Nothing to worry about at all. The only alarming thing about the pictures is an indoor plant being in an outdoor environment :p

Amynamous

If you’re growing indoors, i think you should be fine.
I did the same thing last week on my PTK(growing outdoors).
I have the broken piece sitting in rooting solution.

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
Title pretty much says it all... went a bit too hard on the LST (sativa) about 5 weeks from seed. Starting showing pre-flowers (which are now gone along with a significant portion of the plant)

Before:
View Image

After:
View Image

View Image

How badly have I fucked up? I'm mainly concerned with reduced yields, stem rot, herms, and delaying flipping by a 2/3 weeks. I'm guessing all are a possibility and only time will tell...
If you can let it veg for a few weeks to recuperate it should be okay I think.

smogo

Thanks for the responses everyone.

This may be a dumb question but... does this mean I'll only have 6 colas? Or will they branch out with auxiliary shoots to form more tops?

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
Thanks for the responses everyone.

This may be a dumb question but... does this mean I'll only have 6 colas? Or will they branch out with auxiliary shoots to form more tops?
You'll only have as many colas as you have tops, so if you have 6 tops left then yes. Each one of those will be smaller than the cola if you hadn't topped at all, but there will be 5 more of them so the yield should make up for it.