What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hermies! Monterey Florel?

Decatur_nater

Anyone have any experience using Monterey Florel to stop pollen sack and seed production in and around hermies? I’ve found that approx 10% of my greenhouse has hermied on me and I’m about to spray Florel. Im 3 weeks into flower.
I’m curious... do I drench the whole plant? Just the leaves? Tops of leaves? Bottoms of leaves? Colas? I've seen threads where indoor growers say to spray with the lights ON. How does this apply to a greenhouse? Should I spray in the morning before direct sunlight hits the plants perhaps?
Any help or tips are appreciated! Thanks guys!

buzzmobile

Veteran
Here's the label:
Florel

Read the directions thoroughly. Are you making seeds or are you trying to prevent seeds? Are you planning to smoke the flowers?

UNDESIRABLE FRUIT ELIMINATION (Ornamental Use Only)

When applied to plants, FLOREL®BRAND GROWTHREGULATOR readily enters the plant and breaks down to ethylene, a naturally occurring plant hormone. Ethylene production within the plant is stimulated by stress. For this reason it is important that plants being treated are not under stress from drought, high temperature, disease or other environmental stress conditions. Treating stressed plants can cause severe injury to the plant such as defoliation or leaf scorching. Injury from FLOREL®BRAND GROWTH REGULATOR usually does not kill the plant, but can render it unsightly.Applications should be made at the mid to full bloom stage, prior to fruit set in spray volumes sufficient to wet,but not to runoff. Failure to wet blooms thoroughly will cause incomplete fruit elimination. Spraying too much(until runoff) may cause some defoliation or other plant injury. Sprays applied too early or too late will be less effective and result in incomplete fruit elimination. The activity of FLOREL®BRAND GROWTH REGULATOR is linked to plant growth activity and is therefore slower acting when temperatures are low (60ºF) or very high(95ºF). Trees or shrubs should not be under stress when treated such as from drought, insects or diseases. Apply when rain is not expected for 24 hours.For most species, mix 1 quart of FLOREL®BRAND GROWTH REGULATOR in 10 gallons of water (1,000 ppm of ethephon in spray solution) and apply to thoroughly wet blooms but not to runoff. Amount of spray used will depend on tree size. Some temporary leaf yellowing and leaf drop of old leaves may occur after treatment.

That's a small section of the directions. If you are growing for smoking flowers, be sure to read the section about Hybrid Seed Production. The QUOTE above notes For Ornamental Use Only .

Decatur_nater

I am trying to prevent seeds in smokeable flower.
Thanks for the quote. I’ve read everything that Monterey has on the label front and back a few times and can’t seem to glean anything for my intended use; preventing seed production in hermaphrodite cannabis plants.
From what I’ve read in forums this isn’t like other foliar products. You’re not saturating the plant, it’s best used with lights on, it needs to be OG’s to 4.5, etc.
I guess the main thing I’d like to know is.. am I spraying flower sites? Or just leaves..?
Hoping someone can shed some light on it for me.

Latest posts

Latest posts