What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Super Malawi Haze et al

Cakeboy

Feeding the Roos
ICMag Donor
Can you tell me how long you vegged these from seed before flipping ??

Hi man

Yeah vegged about five weeks, topped once, crimped the tops a bit to reign in the stretch, ec about 0.9. Ph between 6 and 6.5 now that I have a decent meter haha

Oh, and a bit of bicarb to raise it to that level from 5 where it sits when I first mix the nutes

Easy plant and maybe a good place to start regarding running a haze like plant in a tent, for me anyways cheers

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Getting better and better Cakeboy ;) Looks like they will be high yielding, potent and won't take that long after all considering the genetics involved, very nice job! :yes: Thanks for the updates!

Cakeboy

Feeding the Roos
ICMag Donor
ten weeks

ten weeks

Hi folks

well i finally got my 40 x loupe and my failing old eyes say even the earlier one aint red red ready yet. alas i will seek to take another peek in a week..

the littlest one the nl/haze mixed leaner still has not drunk anything, so i havent watered or fed her if that's how she is going to act haha

picture.php

picture.php

and

picture.php

Cakeboy

Feeding the Roos
ICMag Donor
ten weeks hazey lass

ten weeks hazey lass

the haziest lass is getting a few withering pistils now so she is probably only about three weeks off with wishful thinking
picture.php

picture.php

and
picture.php

she is the one drinking the most...

Cakeboy

Feeding the Roos
ICMag Donor
ten weeks clubber lang

ten weeks clubber lang

this gal still going from strength to strength will outyield the others combined i reckon, but what will she smoke like? for once in my life im going to wait for the cure to find out..lol talking about the cure when i havent even reached the finish line yet...so me counting chickens...haha
picture.php

and sorry for the rushed blurry shot, you know how it is when its near lights out time n ya havent done the update...
picture.php

maybe if I squint the blurriness can help me believe the trics are cloudier...haha

Cakeboy

Feeding the Roos
ICMag Donor
its knobbly and its curtains for this lil lady

its knobbly and its curtains for this lil lady

Hi Good Folks

I always wanted to get that knobbly look to some buds and I have done that a bit here. This gal has not drank a think for the last three to four weeks, I mean not a thing at all... reading Koondense's thread I saw Yo sammy say that that can indicate they are ending their time, so coupled with the milky looking stuff and the fade in the leaves I decided now is the time...bang on 11 weeks, which for me inside is a record in itself haha...so here she is moments before I dispatched(sp?) her to the out hang in the tree in the yard where she can stink as much as she wants to.
Her smell, well its hard to discern what it smells like. Maybe its easier saying what she doesn't smell like...she aint fruity that's for sure, its kind of a dank dark kinda smell, a bit astringent...kind of acidic...im shit at smelling, burned a few nasal hairs haha...she has really been no trouble what so ever in my little inside garden, she is the smallest of the three, so I'm going to dry her nice and slow and put her away safely for a spell till she gets her act together, I will even Cob a bit so I can bomb Tang's thread...anyway without further bollox here she is...
In the sun
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Cakeboy

Feeding the Roos
ICMag Donor
more of the nl/haze gal

more of the nl/haze gal

some more pics prior to....timberrrr....sorry fungus gnat, what a way to go, who needs pest strips...
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

thanks for stopping by all.

Last edited:

Cakeboy

Feeding the Roos
ICMag Donor
she is nearly gone

she is nearly gone

last couple of pics folks, didn't take a cut, may regret it alas my cloning game is up to sh1t anyways so that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.
picture.php

picture.php

and the final
picture.php

cant wait to try her in a couple of months....

Koondense

Veteran
I would try her right now :)

Beautiful buds cakeboy, a pretty fast girl at 11 weeks, nicely done.

Cheers

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Wonderful Cakeboy :) Congrats on your harvest, well done! Really great results for your first long flowering sativa indoor grow!
Hopefully the experience motivates you to try more sativa genetics.

All the flowers look very well developed, juicy and resinous :yummy: Enjoy!

Cakeboy

Feeding the Roos
ICMag Donor
Wonderful Cakeboy :) Congrats on your harvest, well done! Really great results for your first long flowering sativa indoor grow!
Hopefully the experience motivates you to try more sativa genetics.

All the flowers look very well developed, juicy and resinous :yummy: Enjoy!

Thanks Dubi
Just need to keep the others green for a couple more weeks n all should come out solid.

Have just sprouted two fem tropical mix plants from you, so will need a bit more guidance from as to pheno type and feed schedule. These I understand may need greater care regarding feeding more gently.
Have bought some peat for my mix and I’m loving how much the new seedlings are loving it. Have mixed with a handful EWC and will feed lightly with the canna bio nutes taking care to keep ph in range and mellow ec readings.
I’m just copying you man haha.

Cakeboy

Feeding the Roos
ICMag Donor
staggered finish

staggered finish

Hi All

the second girl across the line is the NH pheno or as I call her Clubber Lang...no offence intended to her however. She is right on 12 weeks today chop day and I think will yield twice what the first one did.

The buds are beastly, at least for me and my efforts so far. Again an easy plant, not super stinky but its still funky, this will be the productive one of the bunch:
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Excellent Cakeboy :respect: The resins look like coming out from the screen!

The Tropical Mix fem only contains tamed pure sativa hybrids that perform well indoors under 12/12 classic flowering photoperiod, it does not contain so wild types as the regular Tropical Mix does, so you will fine following similar cares than the ones you provided to your current Super Malawi Hazes. Best wishes!

Cakeboy

Feeding the Roos
ICMag Donor
Excellent Cakeboy :respect: The resins look like coming out from the screen!

The Tropical Mix fem only contains tamed pure sativa hybrids that perform well indoors under 12/12 classic flowering photoperiod, it does not contain so wild types as the regular Tropical Mix does, so you will fine following similar cares than the ones you provided to your current Super Malawi Hazes. Best wishes!

Thx man
Cool good to know bout the 12 12 on the tropic fems ta

Nico Farmer

Good buds and nice foxtails. I want to grow this too. I have this girl in my viewfinder for a while... (and Panama :yummy: )

Good job Cakeboy

Cakeboy

Feeding the Roos
ICMag Donor
week 13

week 13

Hi Folks

Week 13 update. Only have the hazey one left and she is still pushing a few white pistils so I have let her go another week. Her smells are a kind a acrid muted fruity smell, pretty lo odour all three have been to be honest, which isn't a bad thing for my situation and makes a nice change from the headbanger f2s im running.
This girl is still eating and drinking, i think she will go anther week but maybe even two...take care all...
lower
picture.php

stem bend to keep stretch down
picture.php

whole girl
picture.php