What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

anti-huumanism

nepalnt21

FRRRRRResh!
Veteran
it's really frustrating (to say the least) to go down certain rabbit holes trying to argue sense into people

right now, in the u.s. at least, there seems to be a growing movement of anti-intellectuals that are screwing our species up.

i'm sure you know the types:
anti-critical thinking, anti-vaxxer, anti-science (like climate change deniiers)... pro-violence, pro-competition, anti-education types that would rather gather into churches to "pray away" unpleasantries like the virus rather than take a personal responsibility.

and they're armed to the teeth. it's scary.

we are setting ourselves back to the fucking middle ages.

T

TakenByTheSky

Just because you disagree with their view point doesn't make them wrong. Who the hell died and made you the moral authority on everything?

The best part of being human living in a "free society" is the ability to think for yourself, make your own choices, be in control of your own health, speak your mind freely and worship and do the things that make you happy. You seriously sound like you'd be a suitable candidate for citizenship in North Korea where the government dictates everything you'll do, forces you to worship the fearless leader and would think nothing about forcing you to vaccinate or hauling you off to a concentration camp for not complying.

I find drones like you to be scary, too much Rachael Maddow in your diet.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
- yes - sometimes it does look like humanity takes one step forwards - then two steps back -

- Its as if various factions have evolved - and others not - and they need much catching up to ever be in synch with real social evolution - to further civilize our civilizations - and make life easier, more humane, just and equal for all -

El Timbo

Just because you disagree with their view point doesn't make them wrong. Who the hell died and made you the moral authority on everything?

The best part of being human living in a "free society" is the ability to think for yourself, make your own choices, be in control of your own health, speak your mind freely and worship and do the things that make you happy.

You were doing quite well up to this point

You seriously sound like you'd be a suitable candidate for citizenship in North Korea where the government dictates everything you'll do, forces you to worship the fearless leader and would think nothing about forcing you to vaccinate or hauling you off to a concentration camp for not complying.

But I'm still scratching my head trying to work out how you got this from the original post.

h.h.

Veteran
Looks like the left coast has more intellectuals. California, Oregon is fairing much better than New York, Florida.

nepalnt21

FRRRRRResh!
Veteran
Just because you disagree with their view point doesn't make them wrong.

if they disagree with me on facts, (facts on climate change, facts on vaccines) they are, in fact, wrong. and dangerously so, as is showcased in minnesota measles outbreaks for instance.

The best part of being human living in a "free society" is the ability to think for yourself, make your own choices, be in control of your own health, speak your mind freely and worship and do the things that make you happy.

100% agree with you there. spot on.

You seriously sound like you'd be a suitable candidate for citizenship in North Korea where the government dictates everything you'll do, forces you to worship the fearless leader and would think nothing about forcing you to vaccinate or hauling you off to a concentration camp for not complying.

huh? where did i say that i wanted to have a government force my will? nice strawman.

another strawman

sounds like you might watch her more than i do, i honestly thought her name was "rachel maddox" until i looked it up a second ago (haven't seen her speak for more than a few seconds at a time, always taken from clips shown somewhere else)

i haven't watched network or cable t.v. (cept maybe at friends' houses, usually try and ignore it... commercials give me anxiety) in over a decade.

i get my news and information by seeking it out in books and publications, and mainly on the internet, and hardly ever just look at one side. it pays to know the opposing viewpoint, especially when i would rather extend my knowledge and not limit it

and i am ready and willing to accept when i am wrong.

are you so ready and willing? just wondering...

RudeDog

Veteran
In the UK we had a senior politician telling us that the British people had had enough of experts. Worked out well for us, we've ended up with a journalist who was sacked twice for lying as our Prime Minister just when we need experts running the show.

T

TakenByTheSky

if they disagree with me on facts, (facts on climate change, facts on vaccines) they are, in fact, wrong. and dangerously so, as is showcased in minnesota measles outbreaks for instance.

I honestly don't have the time in my day to educate you on vaccines but I will highlight a few key points and if you care enough you will educate yourself..

Look at the volume of vaccines given to newborns and infants in the 1980's and look at the number of vaccinations given to infants and newborns today and you will see the number is about 20x more. There is no new diseases that have popped up but the immunization load has increased expotentially.

Now take a minute and look at the ingredients of vaccines given to these children and you will see mercury aka thimerasol, human fetal cells, bovine cells, cells from monkeys, aspartame, preservatives etc..etc... It should always be a parents and adults choice as to what they inject into the bodies of their children and themselves. Because if you look at overall health from the 1980s until now you will see exponential growth of cancer, autism and a host of other illnesses, so are we getting more healthy or more sick?

Now the last thing I will touch on is climate change and how absolutely idiotic it is to think this is being caused soley by human activity and carbon blah blah blah...

Throughout Earth's history and most importantly human history long before cars and factories the earth has gone thru major changes, there have been periods where the earth was covered by 90% water, periods where the poles were covered in rainforests, periods where the entire earth was covered by ice etc, this is why throughout earth history humans have been a migratory species for the most part, I'm talking over the course of decades and centuries not necessarily in one human life time ..climate change is part of what it is to live in Earth.

Just like all creatures before us we will have to improvise, adapt and over come or perish simple as that. But no taxation or limiting of human freedoms is going to stop that train from rolling.

Now with all of that being said, unfortunately I have to brave the pandemic and carry on at work so I don't have the hours in my day to argue and entertain you so this will be my final statement, we will have to agree to disagree. Before you call someone out for their beliefs perhaps take a minute and try to understand their viewpoint and where their views are formed.

nepalnt21

FRRRRRResh!
Veteran

*forehead smack* seriously?

lemme ask you a hypothetical: do you have the right to murder babies through your poor choices? or immunosuppressed people? cause that's what antivaxxer fear-mongering is basically doing.

*edit* i'm gonna come back with a response to as many points as i have the energy to, from your vaccine tirade. sit tight.

climate change ... being caused soley by human activity
i would never make that case.

but the greenhouse effect is very real, and very much being exacerbated by our activity, and the sea levels are very much rising.

and yet there are people that would deny it.

Last edited:

shaggyballs

Veteran
You seem to have your mind made up.
As if you know it all.
Anyone who disagrees with you is anti-humanistic?

Dude, just listen to how that sounds.
Are you hearing yourself right now.
That is the sort of thing that is dangerous.

An open mind would work much better for you.
Nobody has all the answers.
Give it a shot.

shaggyballs

Veteran
but the greenhouse effect is very real, and very much being exacerbated by our activity, and the sea levels are very much rising.

Sure the green house effect is real, life on this planet would not exist without it.
No doubt there.

Are you sure you have all the facts on this matter?
Do you know that the whole runaway greenhouse theory stems from the discovery of Venus's runaway green house atmosphere.
That then had scientists proposing this could happen here.

Check the facts and the timeline.
We are told the major cause is CO2, but methane poses a much greater risk for a runaway greenhouse effect.

Not trying to say you are right or wrong here.
Just wondering if you have all the facts.

nepalnt21

FRRRRRResh!
Veteran
You seem to have your mind made up.
As if you know it all.
as i've said, i'm perfectly willing to admit to being wrong when someone demonstrates that, as i truly just want to extend my knowledge. no benefit for me to "know" false things, no benefit for me to believe things that don't promote the betterment of all living things as best as that can get.

Anyone who disagrees with you is anti-humanistic?

Dude, just listen to how that sounds.
i'll admit to hyperbole and deliberately poking the beast, but i do believe that the danger is in shooting ourselves in the foot, and i would use churches still gathering during a highly contagious pandemic as a prime example of such things.

nepalnt21

FRRRRRResh!
Veteran
Sure the green house effect is real, life on this planet would not exist without it.
No doubt there.

Are you sure you have all the facts on this matter?
Do you know that the whole runaway greenhouse theory stems from the discovery of Venus's runaway green house atmosphere.
That then had scientists proposing this could happen here.

Check the facts and the timeline.
We are told the major cause is CO2, but methane poses a much greater risk for a runaway greenhouse effect.

Not trying to say you are right or wrong here.
Just wondering if you have all the facts.
yep, i don't see your point. our activities are contributing to both higher methane AND higher CO2 levels.

shaggyballs

Veteran
yep, i don't see your point. our activities are contributing to both higher methane AND higher CO2 levels.

Natural Methane under the ocean, check it out.
A far greater risk than humans.

If this planet is dying, could we fix it.
The perfect fix is plant cannabis or trees all over the world every empty field.
Simple fix, but impossible to do ?
Why?

We kill all of the living things that absorb co2 but then complain we have too much co2.
And we label it global warming to alarm the public.

Should we not be alarmed at the rate our jungles and rain forests are going away.

Is that not the real issue here?

I feel those allowing these things to happen and those engaging in this activity should be charged with"anti-humanism"

gladysvjubb

Veteran
- yes - sometimes it does look like humanity takes one step forwards - then two steps back -

- Its as if various factions have evolved - and others not - and they need much catching up to ever be in synch with real social evolution - to further civilize our civilizations - and make life easier, more humane, just and equal for all -

I encourage all who read this and especially you GYPSY. Do it NOW!!! Put $10 on each or more. I have an empty bank account right now because it is all here and going up everyday RIGHT NOW!!! This is a very SPECIAL TIME not to be repeated for a long time. You can make a fortune but it will not last long as the window of opportunity is closing.
I hope everyone is in position. There is still time to add to the 4 cryptos that I suggested. This should happen in the next 4 weeks or so.They will gain in price just about everyday. Any decline will be small and well contained. As the price explodes, you want to keep a lookout for when it goes "VERTICAL", i.e. HUGE upward thrusts for about 10-14 days. Around this time you will want to "schnitzel" a little to pay for your dreams.
Bitcoin USD 7,297.19 +122.74 +1.71%
Ethereum USD 169.48 +4.61 +2.80%
Chainlink USD 2.8404 +0.1124 +4.12%
Basic Attention Token USD 0.1664 +0.0057 +3.53%

I am not nuts or cookoo. I expect to make between 220 and 400 million in the next 4 weeks. Do it now!!!

H G Griffin

(Ignoring the people gathered in the corner feeding the troll)

Anti-intellectualism has been heavily pushed since the '60s at least. The levels of education got to the point that middle class white kids knew enough to start pushing back against the establishment. That's why the 'dirty marijuana crazed hippy' stereotype emerged, to discredit that movement. Blacks were painted as heroin addicts, not to be listened to or trusted.

https://www.cnn.com/2016/03/23/poli...chard-nixon-drug-war-blacks-hippie/index.html

Pointdexter, brainiac, nerd, keener, swot... How many derogatory terms exist to diminish or degrade those who independently study and learn, those who question? It isn't by accident.

nepalnt21

FRRRRRResh!
Veteran
take a minute and look at the ingredients of vaccines given to these children and you will see mercury aka thimerasol, human fetal cells, bovine cells, cells from monkeys, aspartame, preservatives etc..etc... if you look at overall health from the 1980s until now you will see exponential growth of cancer, autism and a host of other illnesses, so are we getting more healthy or more sick?

thiomersal metabolizes into ethyl-mercury, easily and quickly expelled from the body, as compared to methyl-mercury (one less carbon) which is found in (among other things) fish like tuna, and is more likely to accumulate and cause issues. the tiny amount found in the vaccines is universally accepted as safe, and even so, widespread panic (at least in the u.s.) got them to remove thiomersal from vaccines destined for babies.

i don't see how cells that originally came from a fetus and have been cultured in a lab ever since means cancer or autism, or whatever you're claiming so i'll wait to see if you elaborate.

ditto on bovine and monkey cells (they use monkey cells to grow cultures of the target virus which is then filtered away from said cells, afaik... but even then, don't see the issue other than the 'ewwwwie' factor.)

aspartame... is it in vaccines? i tried to find it to give you the benefit of the doubt, but i came up short. even if it is... and i won't give you that until you can demonstrate it, it's also in our foods a lot of the time, and has been used with apparent safety under the toxic limit (just like literally every other thing including water) by many humans.

exponential growth of cancer since the 1980s? please provide a source for that, i'm coming up short. even so, where is the link between vaccines and cancer?

as for vaccines and autism... what an extraordinary claim. let's see your evidence.

you know what's really great, almost getting rid of polio. you know what would suck? if anti-vaxxers brought it back.

nepalnt21

FRRRRRResh!
Veteran
Should we not be alarmed at the rate our jungles and rain forests are going away.

i'm right there with you. i cringe when i see even one tree felled, i die a little on the inside when i see a clear-cut ex-forest lot. the logging and paper industry might plant a lotta trees, but they can never bring back the soil (made up of something like 75-90% microbial/ mycological life, iirc) to its pre-clear cut levels. it takes decades, or even centuries to build up ecosystems like that.

i think you're only making my point for me.

shaggyballs

Veteran
(Ignoring the people gathered in the corner feeding the troll)

Anti-intellectualism has been heavily pushed since the '60s at least. The levels of education got to the point that middle class white kids knew enough to start pushing back against the establishment. That's why the 'dirty marijuana crazed hippy' stereotype emerged, to discredit that movement. Blacks were painted as heroin addicts, not to be listened to or trusted.

https://www.cnn.com/2016/03/23/poli...chard-nixon-drug-war-blacks-hippie/index.html

Pointdexter, brainiac, nerd, keener, swot... How many derogatory terms exist to diminish or degrade those who independently study and learn, those who question? It isn't by accident.

This is very very true.
Just look at what happens here if you try to inform.
They attack from all sides, calling you every name in the book, in hope of silencing the message.
It is very real!
It is happening here today.
Check it out for yourself!

Latest posts

Latest posts