What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Killer A5 Haze goes micro

OZZ_

Veteran
Day 18 12/12

There’s those lime green bud sites I’ve been waiting to see lol

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Fish Tank Clones are doing well also After being put into soil. KA5Hs up front C99 in back that was just put into dirt an hour ago so hasn’t had a chance to recover just yet.

picture.php

KA5Hs

picture.php

OZZ_

Veteran
That's a real neat way of cloning! New growth is looking great too :woohoo:

Thanks for stopping in Oddity. Ya it works well! Not the fastest technique but the clones stay green and healthy, I’m assuming due to the high humidity and the nitrates in the water that they are able to feed off of until they make roots.

All but one cutting rooted so that’s a good first attempt at trying this method :biggrin:

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Wow OZZ_, those cuts look incredible! Mint!

I was going to ask you, as I have same recirculating pumps you use... those are aquariums with live fish / plants, isn't it?

KA5Hs is looking spectacular!

Glad the house affair seems to be having a happy ending! :huggg:

OZZ_

Veteran
Wow OZZ_, those cuts look incredible! Mint!

I was going to ask you, as I have same recirculating pumps you use... those are aquariums with live fish / plants, isn't it?

KA5Hs is looking spectacular!

Glad the house affair seems to be having a happy ending! :huggg:

Hey Repuk! Yup! We ended up deciding to do a new build, which is cool... but the downside is it won’t be ready until feb/March of next year so I won’t get my grow room until then. In the meantime it will be me and this little 2x2, but I’m enjoying it and with the 15 gallon pot with a single plant in it I’m having fun with it.

Correct on the fish tank. It is an established aquarium. “Henry” the flowerhorn poops a lot so I have it loaded with hang on back filters. I simply stuck the cuts into the water in the hang on back filters and put a desk lamp on a timer hitting them indirectly. Once the cuts have rooted I just remove the desk lamp and Henry goes back to doing his thing. Lol.

picture.php

picture.php

It’s a 29 gallon aquarium (a bit small for him, he needs a bigger one soon). I have two aqua clear filters on it, a aquaclear 70 and an aquaclear 50, though any hang on back filters would work.

Aqua Clear - Fish Tank Filter

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000260FUM/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_mKTZEb0W8WF08

:tiphat::biggrin:

MallardDuck

I love the picture of your pooch hanging with the plant. He/she is a cute little guy.

The plant looks beautiful... Im expecting great things. :)

OZZ_

Veteran
I love the picture of your pooch hanging with the plant. He/she is a cute little guy.

The plant looks beautiful... Im expecting great things. :)

HA! Thanks Mallard. “Charlie” says thanks! Lol

Ya she sure is loving life right now :biggrin::peacock:

OZZ_

Veteran
Day 26 - ish

She’s stopped stretching and is pushing pistils. I grossly overestimated stretch. I thought I was in for it with all that root space. She barely stretched maybe 6” on the mains overall. Either way we are off to the races and yield will be considerably better than I had in my tiny grow armoir

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

:headbange

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Beautiful one plant show OZZ :)

She fits perfectly in your lovely new armoir :yes:
Looks very healthy and happy, glad to see her already starting the real flowering.
Best wishes for the upcoming weeks!

OZZ_

Veteran
Beautiful one plant show OZZ :)

She fits perfectly in your lovely new armoir :yes:
Looks very healthy and happy, glad to see her already starting the real flowering.
Best wishes for the upcoming weeks!

Gracias mi amigo. Estoy súper feliz con ella ahora que lo se que necesita. :biggrin:

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
:bigeye: she's looking lovely!

I don't know this cross, but wouldn't be surprised to find it keeps stretching well into flower.

Big pot = Big Yields!!!

OZZ_

Veteran
:bigeye: she's looking lovely!

I don't know this cross, but wouldn't be surprised to find it keeps stretching well into flower.

Big pot = Big Yields!!!

Thanks buddy. That’s possible, I’ve got some more room to work with so should be good either way. She’s still creeping up closer the the light day by day. But so far stretch hasn’t been bad at all.

OZZ_

Veteran
Either week 4 or week 6, depending on whether or not the light leak at beginning of flower kept her in veg.

Stem rubs are giving me a lemony fizz scent, no incense or woody aromas Just yet, at least not For now and admittedly I can’t say that I trust my abilities to discern different scents just yet. Maybe with more practice.

I will say this, the panama I grew also had a lemon scent, but it was much more astringent like a lemon scented furniture polish or something. This KA5 is more sweet without the astringency. Almost like cracking a shook up can of lemon soda pop.For whatever that’s worth :laughing:

Im still wondering if this light might be a little under powered for this 2x2 tent, It is only 100 watts. I think 150 watts would be better in here. I’m hoping it doesn’t affect the final yield or quality. I’ve thought about swapping it out with something with more intensity to ensure a good harvest but at the same time I am curious to see how it does. Maybe it will be fine since this is only one plant and all the available light is hitting this one plant directly? I’m not sure. I guess we will see.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

OZZ_

Veteran
^^^^^ now that this girl is flowering, does anyone have a better guess on the pheno? Dubi- you mentioned you thought maybe the NL pheno while others mentioned possibly the NL/Haze pheno but that was back early in veg. I’m wondering if anyone can tell more precisely now that she is flowering? Or maybe she needs to develop even more to be sure?

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Wow OZZ_ she´s looking killer (as it should! :laughing:)

Is that a 60x60 or a 80x80? (2'x2' or 2.6'x2.6')?

I think this kind of girl would love higher intensity... for reference I ran 290W in a 80x80x1.70cm (2.6'x2.6'x5.5') with SILs. No issues at all, gpw >= 1.6.

Target 30W per sq ft, useable canopy being 60-80cm height (SILs).

OZZ_

Veteran
Wow OZZ_ she´s looking killer (as it should! :laughing:)

Is that a 60x60 or a 80x80? (2'x2' or 2.6'x2.6')?

I think this kind of girl would love higher intensity... for reference I ran 290W in a 80x80x1.70cm (2.6'x2.6'x5.5') with SILs. No issues at all, gpw >= 1.6.

Target 30W per sq ft, useable canopy being 60-80cm height (SILs).

“Killer” lol :laughing:

This is a 2’x2’/60x60 ..... and that SF1000 is only 100 watts... hence the cause for my concern.

However here are the PPFD charts, and those outside colas Are sitting right at about 9” away from the edge of the light, with the center colas being probably 12-14”. The entire canopy spread is not 2’x2’ however and is more like 1’x1’ or 1.5’x1.5’ @ 9”-14” range. As you can see in these ppfd charts, the center 1 sqft has reasonable ratings at this height. Also keep in mind that this is a single plant, so any high intensity light hitting the plant anywhere gets used systemically for the entire plant to increase production. So maybe it’s enough light?? You can see dead center it puts out about 700-750ppfd @ 12”... so maybe around 600-650ppfd on average now that she’s grown closer to the light. As mentioned parts of her are at 9” while dead center about 12-14”.

In one hand I wish it would be enough light because this light fits perfectly in there, and is very cool and easy to use, however, I don’t want to kid myself either nor do I want to short change the plant and get subpar results.

Thoughts?? Suggestions??

picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts