What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Haze discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Does anyone have a Haze specific soil mix they would recommend?
It's been suggested to me that my haze attempts have ran long because of too much nitrogen in the mix.
I guess I can just make my same mix but totally delete all or most N.
Are worm castings allowed? Or is that too much?
Also I believe madmac suggested a pH up around 7.
AND then is it only the nitrogen they don't like? Are they P and K sensitive as well?

here's where I'm leaning: 1 part compost, 1 part worm castings, 1part aeration, 2 parts peat. Then more than usual with gypsum, calcium inputs.

Any constructive input is appreciated. Thanks

It's been brought up. No one has a haze specific mix im aware of. If your mix is organic look into what you feed instead. That is where I see issues with to much N. I feed everything a PH of 6.5.

GreenAndFast

Would you agree that plants early in flower should show some resin coverage?. What about plants that show none would you cull these?.
That other HM pic you posted is a perfect example of what I look for early in flower. SHES PURDY
https://www.icmag.com/forum/marijua...aze-discussion-thread?p=18055278#post18055278

I'd say it's way too early into flower to determine culling or not. My Sativas typically take a few weeks after the onset of flower before seeing any visible resin development. The other flower possibly leans more to the mints in the cross. I my experience anyway. Not that I have alot. Just what I've noticed with the landraces and pure Sativas I have grown recently. My mango Thai seemed like it would never show resin and then one day just started piling on the coverage.

I'm sure JC knows alot more than me 👍

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'd say it's way too early into flower to determine culling or not. My Sativas typically take a few weeks after the onset of flower before seeing any visible resin development. The other flower possibly leans more to the mints in the cross. I my experience anyway. Not that I have alot. Just what I've noticed with the landraces and pure Sativas I have grown recently. My mango Thai seemed like it would never show resin and then one day just started piling on the coverage.

I'm sure JC knows alot more than me 👍

That THH X P41 is 60 days into flower. HM is JC work, im curious what his opinion is on the subject.

GreenAndFast

This is 40 days into flower
Screenshot_20220128-172822.png

Piff_cat

I am starting to think the change in temp from daytime to dark is important. My tents change at best 10*F. Opening the windows in the lung room at night would help. Fans on a timer is interesting.

I think the more difference in temps equals more stretch. However humidity/respiration plays a role. Lights off humidity rises stomata opens. Plus relative humidity can be deceiving since it measures water content compared to possible content ie warm air can hold more water. Think dew point measurement could help with that. There are very cheap humidity controllers on Amazon now like 40 bucks

JohnnyChicago

Would you agree that plants early in flower should show some resin coverage?. What about plants that show none would you cull these?.
That other HM pic you posted is a perfect example of what I look for early in flower. SHES PURDY
https://www.icmag.com/forum/marijua...aze-discussion-thread?p=18055278#post18055278

No Hammer. I breed or select for Hazeniess.
And the haziest plants are not the frostiest.
If you breed only for frost or early frost, you will breed away from Haze.

The plant in your link is a Cookie pheno.
Below is the kind of frost I look myself in hybrids.

If you look well at the old Haze hybrids .They are all not very frosty.

hazemintsg.jpg

GreenAndFast

👍

GreenAndFast

The frostiness type is slowly killing the cannabis industry. Mac1 and purple punch being great examples of looking like they will blown your mind with the amount of 'frost' and as soon as you smoke them, you realise that they are bland boring smoke.

TEMPACCOUNT50

There is a difference between some frosts and no frost. I've smoked many that had little frost that was way better than those with more. IMO all plants should have some frost. I don't breed for frost, in most of the super high quality flowers they had a good coating. Quality isn't the same for all. Look at Dubi Thai pic, a good amount of frost there.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
I think with many of those frosty strains the frost is from the cuticles of the trichomes being thicker skinned. Doesn't necessarily mean the inside of the trichome has anymore resin inside of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.