What's new

Jobs Report

h.h.

Veteran
Tell me, whats actually going on in your town?

Watching the activity near me, I just see the same ol’, same old.

I don’t think I could afford to live here if I had to depend on a wage job. Fifteen million pledges and nothing tangible.

picture.php

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Tell me, whats actually going on in your town?

Watching the activity near me, I just see the same ol’, same old.

here? service jobs mostly. paper delivery, "will sit with loved ones" ads, "want fries with that, sir?" just one large company decide to move from nearby city & this place will dry up & blow the fuck away...

h.h.

Veteran
here? service jobs mostly. paper delivery, "will sit with loved ones" ads, "want fries with that, sir?" just one large company decide to move from nearby city & this place will dry up & blow the fuck away...

Big news here is In and Out burgers coming to town.

St. Phatty

40 years ago - take home for average joes was about 4 times rent.

nowadays, take home = 2 times rent.

then consider the cost of "medical" care, in the US.

The US economy is crumbling, for the middle class.

Almost like watching Habitat destruction, except this is people Habitat.

Perhaps the Middle Class could get protected species protection, like the Spotted Owl ?

h.h.

Veteran
40 years ago - take home for average joes was about 4 times rent.

nowadays, take home = 2 times rent.

then consider the cost of "medical" care, in the US.

The US economy is crumbling, for the middle class.

Almost like watching Habitat destruction, except this is people Habitat.

Perhaps the Middle Class could get protected species protection, like the Spotted Owl ?
40 years ago I was paying $350 a month rent for a townhouse overlooking the Newport Peninsula. Sit in the living room and watch the sailboats.

EsterEssence

Veteran
If I had to rent a house near me, the jobs available here would not cover the rent let alone pay for anything else. I heard on the little bit of news I listen to, 45 is cutting funds to Medicare, food stamps, to build his wall that Mexico was supposed to pay for. He took off regulations on what companies can dump into the water, wants to through out emissions standards. I like to have a place to live, water to drink, and air to breathe.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
As a senior and retired vet, I cannot fathom one itty bit what some folks are going through :frown:

The saddest part of it all, is the small % of people that are screwing things up for the rest of us and, simply don't get it, or simply don't give a phoque. The quicker we get back to work SAFELY to make a living, the better everyone will be.

Don't get me wrong, for some folks who have lost their employment and God forbid someone's landlord evict those less fortunate, seeking employment. It will take some time before any sense of normalcy returns.

2020 is nothing to celebrate there! :frown:

Alternate reality... :joint:

Latest posts

Latest posts