What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Nepal Mist limited edition

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
sorry to hear it, glad you are going to give it another try this fall :yes:

Lebanizer

Just enjoying an early pheno. classic himalayan wispy buds. Intense rotten fruit resin. Vapor is pleasant woody incense, spicy lavender and sour mandarine. Effects : smoothly spacey and angelic, very social, classic Himalayan positivity, no couchlock, manageable munchies. Not really cured so far though. Trail end is slightly sedative (yawning).

Last edited:

kaboom777

Veteran
Sounds good brother, let's see what I find.
10/10
IMG_20221030_021908.jpg

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Really happy to hear that Lebanizer :) Your feedback is much appreciated, Nepal Mist is a line a cherish a lot and i have the feeling the release of this limited edition will be finally appreciated by growers looking for different sativas highs and terpenes.

Good luck with yours kaboom777 ;)

El Timbo

For this release, we just open pollinated the remaining F2 viable seeds we managed to germinate just to preserve the maximum genetic diversity possible of this old cross,
without doing much selection other than separate offspring based on the different phenos of the mothers.

For those that didn't ask for a specific type will the packs be mixed or is each pack from one or another female?

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
depends on the release @El Timbo Some are 1:1 pairings, others are more diverse and involve several parent plants. In this case, Nepal Mist release does include seeds from best females from different phenos, although the released seeds produce mostly Nepalese Kathmandu pure sativa expressions, individuals with strong Kali Mist influence are much rare to find.

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
I grew them again this past summer (terrible) outdoors grow, three of them were female, and amongst the few that made it while 85% of the rest of assorted strains / crosses succumbed to pests, fusarium particularly, and mildiu also.

They have lots of sativa vigour and resiliency, I was able to barely tame them under 3m. Haze touch for sure on them.

Almost landrace flowers, but with enhanced terps, though the most notable trait in these is the amazing incense; if you love incense, these will definitely please you.

From the three, there are two specially notable, the other one was way "rawer".

One of them had sort of strawberry terps, the other one, much louder, and my favourite after a smoke test (and a long cure!), has very bold, bordering pinneaple-like loquat terps, and one of the nicest incenses I've ever smelt/tasted.

Cure took a long time until smoke was pleasurable, flowers resin quality is "sandy". Dry sift is very flavourful.

Smoke has more thickness than expected, and while rawer somehow in taste, due to its richness is awesome to smoke once you get used to the terps... room smell afterwards is simply glorious, and effect is strong and uplifting, though leans more to the haze side than Kali Mist side.

some night time pics:

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

Last edited:

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
For reference, I also grew what turned to be (once smoked) an amazing Kali Mist from Serious, will post about her.

On the two terpy Nepal Mist ones, the Kali Mist touch, incense alone, was definitely noticeable, as it was the subtle Hazey touch, both in terps while alive, and in effect; to me so far KM is "The Hybrid", the one that got the perfect and most gentler "haze ratio" in the mix, and for sure may be found in one's desired balance by growing enough seeds of Nepal Mist.

Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Yeah @El Timbo the look of all your Nepal Mist seedlings are indeed very reminiscent of the pure Nepalese Kathmandu, the 3 in the front have a slightly more vigorous, wide hybrid look, yet very Nepalese!

Great to see you around @repuk friend :wave: Thank you very much for sharing your experience with Nepal Mist! Happy to hear your Nepal Mist plants were very resistant to most problems other genetics could not survive from, and that you also found the loud and exotic incense in your Nepal Mist girls ;) lucky you even got a strawberry incensey expression like the Nepalese Kathmandu. The purple one in the pics looks like the more Nepalese Kathmandu influenced, while the green one looks more hybrid looking with more Kali Mist-modern genetics influence.

The goal with Nepal Mist breeding was not to recreate a big yielding and refined Kali Mist like plant, but infuse a bit more potency and yield to my old Nepalese Kathmandu line and increase the incense levels in the hybrid by merging both lines together, since both: this Nepalese and Kali Mist were the genetics that brought me into incensey cannabis plants in the first place.

Regarding effects, Nepal Mist effects are much more cerebral, clean and less ceiling than Kali Mist which is usually very strong, but heavy-dirty too. I like even more the effects of the latest hybrids between Nepal Mist and Nepal Annapurna, although these are not so incensey in terps, but fruitier.

Reality is Nepal Mist is still in quite raw breeding stage at F3, with lots of landrace, not so worked traits, but line already has the potential and type of terps and effects i was looking for, and this makes me feel very happy since this line was about to die (very old seeds and not very well initially stored) and was sucessfully in extremis replicated and brought to live.

Last edited: