What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

"TRIPPING" by Charles Hayes

Farm Hero

I found the book Tripping by Charles Hayes at a thrift store. I really recommend this book for anybody wanting to remember the good old days of the counterculture.

It is a collection of true trip stories... 454 pages of funny, enlightening and amazing happenings during trips on mushrooms, acid, peyote. Tripping also contains a conversation with the late Terrence McKenna.

window

Veteran
Sounds like my kind of book:)
I will look out for it.
Is it the one with a picture of a wobbly bacon and eggs on the front cover? Lol

Last edited:

window

Veteran
No, the book I was referring to is called “ Trippers “
Another psychedelic story:)

RGG

sounds like a book i would like! I'm going to give ebay a ganders to see if i can add it to my top shelf collection

TheSg

Terence is one of my favorite people to have ever existed...
He will be a hero and a legend to the community of "trippers" forever.
Through all his ups and downs.
He was a teacher
And he was a lesson to learn from.

There should be a Terence Mckenna rememberance day !
It should be a trippers national holiday.
Well, Within the nation of our own minds.
He had so much to say.
But after all that..
I think he really found out that life is about finding love.
Not mushrooms.
Thanks T.M. !

Jerry_Garcia

You just made me think of Carlos Castaneda’s book The Teachings of Don Juan. One of my most memorable reads.

Caronty

And I recently found book Beowulf, and it was in such good condition that I decided to read it. And I liked her very much. I even decided to write a Beowulf essay and publish it here https://epwijnants-lectures.com/ so you can read it if you're interested. Sometimes you can find such cool things in thrift stores. It happened to me a couple of times.