What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Violeta

Sensistar42

That's an interesting cross, id like to see it. How are you dealing with the height from the Honduras side? Or are you letting her ride outside.

The purple Violeta i grew had a energetic high with side effects of heart palpitations. The green Violeta (mango magic) didn't have the bag appeal of the Purple but everyone was racing for the jar and and it was gone it no time. I wonder if she was leaning towards the purple malawi side but showing the green recessive genetics?

I have a few seeds of Violeta which i would LOVE to grow again in the future but in the meantime im looking for some new ACE strains. Something similar in height to Violeta. Any recommendations? Also did you realize how easy it is to clone VIoleta?!
And yes it clones to easily, I just do the sooo cup method with all of my strains. And I’ve had great success everytime just doing 1 clone that way.

As far as recommendations I’m in the process of doing an orient express and Zamaldelica x kali China and the both seem to lean to the China yunnan side and seem pretty stout and compact. Perfect for when I’m doing a more hybrid run. I have yet to experience them yet though.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
That's an interesting cross, id like to see it. How are you dealing with the height from the Honduras side? Or are you letting her ride outside.

The purple Violeta i grew had a energetic high with side effects of heart palpitations. The green Violeta (mango magic) didn't have the bag appeal of the Purple but everyone was racing for the jar and and it was gone it no time. I wonder if she was leaning towards the purple malawi side but showing the green recessive genetics?

I have a few seeds of Violeta which i would LOVE to grow again in the future but in the meantime im looking for some new ACE strains. Something similar in height to Violeta. Any recommendations? Also did you realize how easy it is to clone VIoleta?!

Welcome to the forums @Iseemag :) your purple pheno was a really classic Violeta pheno, glad you and your friends enjoyed with the green one, green expressions can pop up recesively from green Malawi and green PCK side of the genepool, although they are rare.

Please send me an email to info@aceseeds.org mentioning your are iseemag and what kind of genetics would you like to experience next, and i will reply you as soon as possible with suggestions.

Sensistar42

*mistakingly put in the pck thread by accident*

So within the past few days I’ve had the last few buds or my Violeta from my summer run inside with the higher heat, coming from having the past few weeks of about just over 1 month old Violeta same clone same feed, just different temp and humidity. And it has such a different smell compared to each other.

The summer run had a distinct lime/menthol/grease like smell with similar base smells like the winter run. But the winter run was more berry/sweet in comparison.

The high is a night and day difference the summer run is like pure energy to me, had me super focused and motivated and completely wanting to be up and loving life. The winter run has a happy feel but really has a high like a kush would be happy but chill and content with watching tv not super happy but not motivated either.
I was wondering what was up with me because in December I was putting a whole subfloor in my living room and was super motivated and happy. A week after it was done I was pretty much out of the summer run and swapped over to the new run and over the coarse of a few weeks watched my motivation drop off a cliff and being more content and lethargic. Then I’ve snapped right back to being how I was previously on he moment I switched back.

So everyone make sure you find those right expressions for you from your plants and your environments and make sure to keep notes on what the differences were! 🤣
It definitely puts in my head about even if the plant is right for you, but the terps are not right for your body it makes a huge difference.

I already knew all of this but seeing a night and day difference when able to keep stuff from previous runs it really shows in real time.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
You are right @Sensistar42 clones from same mother can perform very differently when grown under very different conditions. I like a lot the terps from winter grow, but never found winter flowers reaching their maximum potential (in potency, effects, duration, bag appeal) compared to main season, considering we are talking about latitudes not close to equator.

Sensistar42

You are right @Sensistar42 clones from same mother can perform very differently when grown under very different conditions. I like a lot the terps from winter grow, but never found winter flowers reaching their maximum potential (in potency, effects, duration, bag appeal) compared to main season, considering we are talking about latitudes not close to equator.
For me if I could nail it right, the functional expressions for me are from the summer flowers and the more berry like and deeper terps in the winter make great medicinal weed/relaxing for the year.

Of course I’m in Ny too so it’s drastically different, like you said.

JonnyWeedSeed

Smoke report from my indoor grow: Both purple phenos were similar in smoke and affect. They smoke beautifully. The lack of chlorophyll gives a rich and smooth smoke with very little harshness. The earthy/spicy/musky pheno smoked more cigar-like .... rich and spicy. The berry fruit pheno was sweeter and really smooth. The affects were mainly indica ... really chill, relaxing, "feel good", painless, weightless, with clear happy thoughts. It inspired conversation and there is a touch of underlying energy though because I cooked up a storm and trashed the entire kitchen. The duration is a bit short ... I found myself firing back up every hour or so, although it may be because I mainly smoke sativas. Overall I give these violettas a big thumbs up. As a homework assignment, next time I grow Violetta, I may cross it with a zippy sativa to give it some lift.

JonnyWeedSeed

I should also mention that my friends were pretty blown away by the deep purple buds and bright berry terps. Definitely some of the prettiest buds I have grown in a while. And kudos to the folks who made suggestions for correcting my PH. I sprung for the Hana Combo PH/EC meter and I'm so happy with it. It's a real scientific instrument unlike the toys I bought in the past that all failed. After I calibrated the PH meter and tested my 4 water sources I found they were all quite different than expected ..... no wonder my plants were suffering. No more PH imbalances for me! PEACE!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks for your positive review on your 2 Violetas @JonnyWeedSeed :yes: I'm glad you like your two females and that you were able to impress your friends with the beautiful colors of your flowers. ;)

Controlling pH and EC is crucial to maximize the potential of your setup and genetics. I'm happy you've realized the importance of that.

inaka 🦠

2 violeta here in front

green on the left and purple on the right
top left mimosa, right ak47, in the center apple fritter.

I don't know if violeta green will become pink eventually, we're only 35 days after the switch, but is it possible to be totally green?

tent 80x80x160
Garspen 400W COB lamp and colored lights

temperature 68-77 rh 45-60

lst from the beginning topping only on mimosa because it stretched too much, lollipopping, defoliation on day 21.

150 liters of plagron soil enriched with organics:
pumice, rice husk, earthworm hummus, insect frass (black soldier fly), powdered kelp with alfalfa and molasses, mustard flour, neem seed flour, oyster shell flour, shrimp flour, chalk, mycorrhizae and trichoderma-type bacteria.

Treated with water and aloe with husk, or cocoa or dehydrated coconut water, they seem to love them!

Some advice?
A lot of midges
Don't know if defoliate a little again for more light penetration

Thanks @dubi and Ace seeds

Attachments

• IMG_20240211_141852.jpg
    IMG_20240211_141852.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 100
  • IMG_20240207_192256.jpg
    IMG_20240207_192256.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 98
  • IMG_20240207_192142.jpg
    IMG_20240207_192142.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 95
  • IMG_20240117_182346.jpg
    IMG_20240117_182346.jpg
    810.9 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Welcome to ICMag, @inaka! 🦠 Thanks for including 2 Violeta girls in your indoor cycle. Excellent training in your garden, and healthy, well-tamed, and developed plants. :yes: There's a recessive Violeta green pheno that shows fades of color with colder temps. How would you describe the terpenes of both females?

inaka 🦠

Welcome to ICMag, @inaka! Thanks for including 2 Violeta girls in your indoor cycle. Excellent training in your garden, and healthy, well-tamed, and developed plants. There's a recessive Violeta green pheno that shows fades of color with colder temps. How would you describe the terpenes of both females?🦠:yes:

🙏 So in the pink/purple phenotype I smell a deep scent of sweet fruit like grapes while in the green one it is also sweet but more citrusy and fresh and less earthy.
I feel lucky to have grown two such "different" phenotypes.
Can't wait to taste it.
We are now on day 46
Purple violeta is fastest
How many days do you think are left?
🍇

IMG_20240225_174249.jpg

IMG_20240225_174058.jpg
IMG_20240225_173756.jpg
IMG_20240225_174047.jpg

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Both look wonderful :yummy: @inaka 🦠 I would suggest giving them another 7-10 days. Begin flushing and harvest once this final reflowering of fresh pistils starts ripening, and the aromas become very intense.

inaka 🦠

Wow it smell like grape and lime with flowers and taste so balanced, i really love the violeta strain, my purple feno expecially, the green is also very tasty with a balsamic scent.
Little herma problem, It was strarting to seedling but i cut in time and It s all save and mature. And I can collect some seeds
💨😤💐
IMG_20240321_154653.jpg
IMG_20240320_192835.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20240320_192811.jpg
    IMG_20240320_192811.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 25
  • IMG_20240320_193050.jpg
    IMG_20240320_193050.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 26

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Wow it smell like grape and lime with flowers and taste so balanced, i really love the violeta strain, my purple feno expecially, the green is also very tasty with a balsamic scent.
Little herma problem, It was strarting to seedling but i cut in time and It s all save and mature. And I can collect some seeds
💨😤💐 View attachment 18976535 View attachment 18976428

Great looking flowers @inaka 🦠 glad you like both expressions, especially the purple one, thanks for your feedback, enjoy ;)