What's new

So I just spent 300 dollars on a bong....

I never ever thought that I would spend so much money on something as simple as a bong in my life. I guess after awhile though the more I got into the whole cannabis hobby and started to learn about all the new types of bongs available.

After doing a bit of research I decided on purchasing a Stone Glass Works Waffle Tube 15". It just arrived in the mail today from Aqua Labs. Very quick shipping to actually it got here in only 6 days!! Opposed say to the normal 10 or more.

Anyway back to the bong. It comes with a really nice ice pinch glass cone piece. I also bought a B. Wilson 18mm clear disc screen slide. I am yet to test that one though. The ice pinch slide works very well for me, It snaps cones like a dream! The whole hit itself is so smooth. Easily this is the best bong I have ever smoked out of.

So I guess in conclusion 300 dollars is alot to spend on a bong although If you have the money I say go for it. It really is amazing how good it is!!:gday::jump:

budbasket

Chances are your preferences will only be going up from here, I remember the first time I spent 320 on an inline bong. So scared I wouldn't let anyone hit it, and my girlfriend would only be allowed if I held it. Next purchase was a digi volcano, and now I am looking at maybe a simple Roor for my b-day. I really am kinda tired of resin buildup and constant cleaning of inline stuff. -basket

I

Iron_Lion

I always buy cheap because my GF always finds a way to break them lol

Last time we went to use my bong, I said "just becareful with it" next thing I hear is smash! She whacked it off the faucet trying to fill it :wallbash:

paladin420

FACILITATOR
Veteran
Dude on here said he had a bong named Alice for 10 freakin years...Don''t think i've had one 10 days...good luck brudda

H

h^2 O

I stared off with Roor green label straight for like $220, and then a year or so later got a blue label beaker bottom that was the SHIT for $350 - diffusor, low-profile bowl/stem, would put like a quart of crisp clear water in that mofo and get high as shit. Best buy ever. It was so heavy with water you could leave it on the bed or floor without worry of it tipping. I think it was 18" It's at a relatives now and I hope to get it back, as of now it should be 2 years old

KonradZuse

My first piece was a custom SGW waffle for 300$ then I bought a sg king for 450$. Then my kut. Now I've been buying a lot of glass, but it's more than something to get high with, It's a hobby to collect, and I love glass art.

I hope you enjoy your waffle, I looove mine.

WelderDan

Veteran
I've smoked out of Tommy Chong signature bongs, cheap acrylic bongs, homemade bamboo bongs, apples, potatoes, carrots, cobbled together brass fittings, the old paper towel roll/aluminum foil pipe, empty beer cans, Steam rollers, handmade glass, etc.

Can't say any one of them got me any higher than the next.

I can say my 7 year old cheap acrylic bong has been dropped a few times and lived to toke another day.

Bongs are like cars. Some people are happy with a dependable beater. Some people want a Ferrari.

If you like it and can afford it, mo' power to ya

either me or my pets have broken every bong i have had.i need a shatter proof glass bong for sure.

My next purchase will be a 9mm thick beaker... My last bong we had for 5 years and one day I try to take a rip and it felt like the stem wasn't seated or some thing. There ended up being a tiny hole the size of a BB right above the water line. It was the strangest thing I have ever seen happen to a bong. My wife swears she doesn't know what happened... :jerkit:

BL4ZE20

Nice pick going with the SGW waffle tube. I really like how the waffle perc's stack bubbles. I've got a SGW showerhead myself but I plan on picking up a waffle eventually. Glass buying can get addicting though, i've got a custom tube being made right now. Luckily so far I haven't went over $400 mark, but there are a couple pieces in the 500-1000 range that I wouldn't mind having.

smokefrogg

Veteran
i dropped $200 on one several years ago, of course it broke somehow, just the base of it so the thing still works, shit man never again though, i rarely even use the bong anyhoo, more of a pipe guy myself, a $12~$22 glass one small enough to put in the pocket is perfect for me and often more enjoyable than the $200 bong

K

KSP

Wow. I've never bought a bong. Usually used a large erlenmyer flask, two-hole rubber stopper, thistle tube, and glass tube for a stem.

Bullfrog44

Veteran
I have bought and broke many bongs. Some sit up in the attic while others are at the bottom of fish tanks as decoration. To this day I smoke out of the first bong I ever bought. A 11m thick hand blown bong by Blaze1 before he got big at all. He packed the first bowl out if it with me. Great bong, I treat her like one of the family.

G

greenmatter

don't even want to think about how many dollars worth of glass i have swept up. i own a ZOB mini that gets used and old vintage graffix that is still in one piece because it does not get touched.

mattel needs to come up with a NERF bong ........ it would outsell the hula-hoop

Ramius

Veteran
Your next purchase, dropping a grand on a Toro :)

Good choice on the waffle too, it hits just as smooth as an SG stemline

B

Bazarocka

Only $300

Only $300

Small Change Grasshopper,,,I seen a crazy dragon bong in a Hollywood Blvd Bong Shop a few years back that was going for $2800. :laughing:

Now me,,,,Im a cheap ass, "and I DO know a good bong or three" that works just as well for a lot less.

EVEN though I have funds,,,,,,,,,,"I GOT MY LIMITS". And that's way below $300.:dance013:

But that's just me...........':artist:

cocktail frank

Ubiquitous
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
expensive bongs are for when you become more of a recluse smoker.
no need to pass an expensive one around the room at a party.
i don't mind dropping bux on a bong, cuz to be frank, i'm the only one to hit it 99% of the time.
i do warn everybody else in advance to not break it tho under penalty of buying another and a chin shot.

i do have one friend tho who i call "bull ina china shop"
extra careful around him ;)
you know who u r