What's new

Rippers Found My Spot, So Now What?

RetroGrow

Veteran
Every 2 weeks I drive to my spot, an hour away, and tend to my plants. It's relatively desolate considering it's near a big city. Two weeks back, I went to hit them with Kool Bloom, spray for bugs, and lay down some diatomaceous earth. As I was walking back to my car, carrying a gallon jug and a big bag of diatomaceous earth, I hear a motorcycle engine and a guy on a dirt bike goes by me, looks over, then turns around and leaves. I should have dropped my jug and bag before he could see me, but didn't think fast enough. So, a few minutes later, I am driving back and I see two guys on dirt bikes heading back towards my spot. I thought, "what if that guy put 2 +2 together and figured out what I was doing?
So, today, I return to give them their last dose of Kool Bloom and lay down some snail/slug pellets.
As I approach, I see the colas swaying in the breeze and thought, "great, they didn't find them".
However, as I'm working, I notice that the top cola was cut off one of the plants, along with some other buds. Definitely not broken, but cut.
They only took one top, and other plants were untouched. So, I'm thinking, did they just take one because plants were not finished, or were they being "considerate" to a fellow stoner?
Plants have 3 weeks to go. My head was spinning with ideas.
Should I leave a note saying, "I got your plate number. Touch these again and I will find you"?
Or how about a booby trap?
I don't want to cut them early as they are not done, but I don't want to lose them either.
Place is an hour away, so it's not like I can stake the place out.
What would you do?

Leave a very short note that they would see that would terrify them.

Draw some scope crosshairs & write DEAD in blood ?

Hang 1 on each plant...

:)

C

COOKIE MONSTER

early harvest, hash it all and buy one of those game cameras..

Manstien

or punji sticks......either way you'll hear them scream then you can find them and finish them off.....free organics for next year too !!

HighDesertJoe

COME ON PEOPLE NOW
Veteran
I'm sorry to say I think they'll be back,
at least you know they know so as Headbandf1 said, "camp out or pull it"
Good Luck

revcold

a game camera is a motion activated camera that u can mount in a tree or hidden elsewhere and when someone triggers it ..it takes a pic ...

i dont know man,seems to me they would have not taken anything if they were going to steal the whole crop,they wouldnt alert you to maybe get caught stealing your harvest.im guessing that they are good guys and just took some samples of your bud.it does not make sense to me that they would take a little and then come back for the whole thing 2 or 3 weeks later.they obviously know that you have seen the buds they chopped.

RetroGrow

Veteran
i dont know man,seems to me they would have not taken anything if they were going to steal the whole crop,they wouldnt alert you to maybe get caught stealing your harvest.im guessing that they are good guys and just took some samples of your bud.it does not make sense to me that they would take a little and then come back for the whole thing 2 or 3 weeks later.they obviously know that you have seen the buds they chopped.

That's what I was thinking....on the other hand, why just take one cola?
They could have taken everything.
It's a puzzle. They could just be waiting for them to finish, but they obviously know I'm coming back...they are playing a dangerous game. I'm going to be really pissed if I wait and go back to find nothing.
I have to think on this a bit....

they know! so your screwed. maybe try and talk to them and hire them? become "Friends" with them. Offer them some of the harvest if they help you watch it?

FirstTracks

natural medicator
Veteran
2 game cams. 1 at the plot, 1 at the nearest parking area to catch their plates.

the crosshairs in blood has a little more realistic effect if its drawn on their picture...

As was said before, if you're not gonna chop them or hang out, consider the plants gone, and yourself lucky if they are still partly there at harvest.

Latest posts

Latest posts