What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The True Origin of G13

Crazy Chester

G13

P.S. No more than a few weeks after Sandy's death in 1987, all of Nevil's G-13 cuttings went down, including safety clones he had kept in remote places. The plants just wilted and died, despite the best efforts made to save them. No cause was ever found;)

So you think no one holds the original G13 cutting? What about Dr. Greenthumb, who says he got the cut from "Dogless", or Mel Frank or Shantibaba? Could Sandy Weinstein have given the cut to one or more of them in the mid-1980's before his death?

Rgd

Veteran
Dutch flowers ghaze gave me only g13
Style plants
Tastes like card board
Very strong strange high

I grew 1989 hp/nl1

the f1’s were wonderful and i think nl1 helped

F2’s were nice but no magic

And the hp clone was much better than the f2’s

And smelled way better

But at least one of the hp/nlf1’s were boss

I also had the 89 g13 cross

Like an idiot i left them for 4 years And got zero germs

Was before i learned use the freezer

Or at least fridge

LostTribe

Premium user
So you think no one holds the original G13 cutting? What about Dr. Greenthumb, who says he got the cut from "Dogless", or Mel Frank or Shantibaba? Could Sandy Weinstein have given the cut to one or more of them in the mid-1980's before his death?
Doc GT has the cut. Everyone knows that Nevil and Dogless confirmed that years ago. Well I know you know but these youngsters will spread all sorts of ficticious nonsense without looking into matters themselves. They spend so much time on these smart phones, you'd think they might be a bit brighter for it!

Last edited:

Ticketyboo

Do you have a link to a post or something where dr greenthumbs claim is confirmed by neville or dogless?
Here you go mate
Jim Ortega aka dogless said:
Hello my Brothers,
I am here to back a real bro for not disclosing me as his source in obtaining his G13 strain. It is a great pleasure knowing this person for being true to his word.
Dr. Greenthumb has been taking alot of crap for the nickname D/D that I labled some clones that I sold him. It has caused a shit storm at a couple of forums.
I owe Dr. Greenthumb a huge apology for the stress he is probably going thru.
I am apologizing to Dr. Greenthumb here since I have quite a few friends here that know a little about my history growing mj. As most of you who know me can vouch that I have had the G13 strain since the mid 80's. Nevil can also verify that. And also that I had sold the strain for $25g's to a "canadian breeder" a while back. Btw, the 25g's were distributed to our group who had previously agreed to keep the strain locked down. Had the economy not gone to shit it would have never been sold.
Dr. Greenthumb bought the strain and not just the clone. He decided to make it available to the public in pure form and is basically selling the strain at around 1% of what he paid for it, which is quite a deal.
I would also like to extend my apology to Double D a moderator at another forum for stress he must have for the confusion about my labeling methods.

I also want all my bro's who have sent me pm's that I am answering each and everyone within the next couple of days. The Skunk that you all are after will be available as soon as Nevil decides what he wants to do with the strain as I am leaving it up to him.

Take care my brothers!
Jim

Rgd

Veteran
g13 bw was the stoniest g13 I ever grew and maybe to was the white widow..

almost hurled it was so strong

pre988 g13hp= nice fruity weed with a good high but nothing overly impressive

Rgd

Veteran
just did an airborne g13 bx1 non fem..nice stoney tasty weed with some up to it..grows easy

did Doc Gts G13 s1..years ago..beautiful fat plant..good stone

grew Socal g13 s1..nice plant good stone..

that about it for my g13 grows

stilphave airborne g13bx pacific g13

imho the most potent indica [by far] is chemo and some of the crosses from it have chemo shine through

all that said"

I am I really into sativas..

unfortunately my faves are skinny take ages to finish

smoking two year old pearly pheno ohz and a slightly fatter sister ohz from mad Mac

Mtn. Nectar

Veteran
would agree with assessment of ‘88G13/HP……another indica hyb that didn’t get it…..
ganj on….

Reactions: Rgd

TheDarkStorm

Sam or rob know nothing about g13....they wrongly assumed it was supposed to be from the university of Mississippi and spoke to carlton turner about this and knew it wasnt possible...so thought the story was made up.....wrong...it never came from a uni but a agricultural facility......the guy who linked nevil up with its holder is still around....as is the guy who it originally came from..it never came from sandy.....though he is retired.....it seems to be old pre war afghan pak ...

Rgd

Veteran
An agricultural facility in Canada perhaps?
I have mentioned my early 70’s Ottawa story a couple of times..

it was so long ago..the timing to hear people talk about what they got there

and what they were gonna do with them.,.is such good timing

-->even I have hard job believing me..<--

but yes..I think that is possible

Ottawa Experimental Farm..they all had numbers and labels

again ..-->even I have hard job believing me..<--

St. Phatty

Given the amount of Cannabis breeding activity that occurs now - much more than 40 years ago - I would expect people to be developing comparable and better plants, to G13.

UNLESS G13 was developed using techniques that are not available to the General Public. e.g. using Radiation (X-rays, basically) to cause random mutations in the plants. This will kill most of them, but some will live, and a small percentage of those might be useful.

Of course, you can get access to X-rays just by shipping seeds inside the US, where some packages are X-rayed.

Are there any Pot Botanists that are using CRISPR type gene-editing techniques to modify Cannabis genetics without Colchicine type chemicals or Radiation ?

Rgd

Veteran
my guess is g13 was born not bred

need to add that I grew dutch flowers Ghaze also..

what i grew looked "northern lightsy”.. got thick bushy plants

and the high was a strange strong not overly enjoyable buzz and yeh it tasted like cardboard

St. Phatty

my guess is g13 was born not bred

need to add that I grew dutch flowers Ghaze also..

what i grew looked "northern lightsy”.. got thick bushy plants

and the high was a strange strong not overly enjoyable buzz and yeh it tasted like cardboard

I didn't like the smoke either.

But I did enjoy introducing her to some Sativa's !

Reactions: Rgd

Nannymouse

I still have beans of what i think are the Dutch Flowers Ghaze...which was actually another 75% G13, but have never tried them. These would be f2's, i think, not the original auction beans...the price of the originals was way over what i could pay.

The ONE pheno of G13 x NL2 that i had was NOT tasty or sweet, and back in the day, i had no odor control and i hated the way that that dankgarlic made the basement smell. Ended up giving the rest of the pack away.

Stoney Baloney G13 is, so far my fave of all the G crosses that i've tried. More sativa in there than the others that i have sampled. Better flavor, i suppose from the 'orange'/citrus. Some had some hermies, so needs a little selection. Crossed very well with Chocolate Trip.

The BWG. I had some f2's from Clips, but he also sent at least some of the left over f1's that Pacific had sent him. I've grown both the f1's and f2's and did not see a noticeable difference between those. Nice plants, which seem to be pretty uniform in stones, have not run into a pheno that is far stonier than the others...yet. My guess is that this one would have a lot of potential in crosses, also.

The 75% airborne...it was pretty good.

Except for the stbg13, they all need a little help in the flavor, i think. Great for crosses, if you want some 'indica' influence. Definitely worth keeping these in their 'pure' forms, too. I wonder how much cobbing would help the flavors. Hmmm

Tynehead Tom

In my quest for G13 I have tried a few things
currently I have reeferman's RM-13 hanging in the drying room. She is an 80day (of 12/12) plant and from what I can tell is airborne x (airborne x santa marta columbian gold). Her flowers fit that description well with fairly solid flowers covered in late flower foxtails. Very frosty and a musky dank smell to her. I don't want to say skunk because it's not.... but it's a deep musky smell. I'm eager to try this plant out after a cure.
I kept clones as they were older seeds (+10yr) and have a plant in the greenhouse.
I have LUI x G13 (f1 gen I think) almost ready to flip and there is 3 females and 2 males..... one male is incredibly stinky when disturbed. These will get open pollinated if that term is appropriate for a 3 female/2male seed increase.
Clones of females and males for sure..... doing that today.
Once summer/fall harvest is complete and I go back indoors I will be running G13 IX Lot GIX0910 , by Dutchgrown and also LUI x G13 BX Lot NOV 09L13 also by Dutchgrown.
These, to the best of my internet sleuthing are made using Pacific G13 (hermetic genetics) and the LUI female is the ortega cut.
Super stoked to get these going but can't pop them till end of october.
I don't think we will ever get to the bottom of G13 and I truly believe that the label "G13" has been applied to different plants by different people along the way.

Bubba Zanetti

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full