What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Get Baked and Go Fishing

F

FishHead

Rods for kids

Rods for kids

Anyone seen the rods that "shoot" your bait or lure out on the water? You just push a button and it launches it for you, no casting involved. Seems like it would be great for the little ones just starting to learn the basics. I have a two year old and I am thinking it may be a good way to get him started.

Fish

Smurf

stoke this joint
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Was so impressed with Pan's artistic ability I thought I'd give it a go. hehe

Would love to see more of what you guys have snagged.

smurf

minds_I

Veteran
Hello all,

Looking forward to another year of catfishing. Go out at sunset, setup a lantern, a radio, the beer box, the fishing box, put a stick in the ground to hold the pole and its all good.

Weather just broke 80* this afternoon and warm nights are not far off.

I am a passive fisherman...just watch the pole and have a bowl and a beer.

Good luck to us all.

minds_I

VictoryGardener

holy hell
Hey I love the occasional catfish... we have flatheads and channel cats around here... they taste great but BOY DO THEY STINK!

Its too bad that nobody really likes catfish or carp..

some of my most stoned fishing has been catfishing! its all kinds of fun when you are sitting there in the dark, stoned as hell and that bell goes off.....ahhh the scramble LOL (i literally laughed while writing this)

G

yeah,check this whopper out...LOL...sure...:joint:

8" lake perch..slip bobber and nightcrawler.
at least i wasn't skunked my first day out...for the 08 season.
going to lake michigan this weekend.rumor is people are catching 16" jumbo perch,along with coho in 40'-60' of water...i'l have to dig out my deep diving rapalas for this trip.
256IMG_1506-med.JPG

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
Interesting variant on a perch there - I was never sure if they were the same species in the US, but that looks very similar to a Euro perch, though the stripes are a little different. Do they have the nasty spines on the back of the gills? Just where you hold them for unhooking? Looks like it :)

Here's the current British record of 5 pounds fifteen ounces - which is massive for Britain...:)

http://www.anglerstimes.co.uk/perch.htm

G

Do perch make good eating? Never understood the appeal of fishing, especially in our lovely British climate!

Hehe, typical for a pot forum someone posts a particular genotype of fish and the first comment is about the phenotype and differences with another pheno! lol

Last edited:

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
They're supposed to be delicious, though I've never tried one. I think any species that predominately eats other fish is generally good eating for humans - it's the high-protein diet.

bongasaurus

king of the dinosaurs
Veteran
Ganja Pasha said:
Do perch make good eating? Never understood the appeal of fishing, especially in our lovely British climate!

Hehe, typical for a pot forum someone posts a particular genotype of fish and the first comment is about the phenotype and differences with another pheno! lol
definitley delicious! just gotta find that fatties otherwise its not really worth your while

looking into a new minn kota trolling motor for a 16ft aluminum. any reccomendations where i can find one cheap?

asa42

Anime n Stoner Aficionado
minds_I said:
Looking forward to another year of catfishing. Go out at sunset, setup a lantern, a radio, the beer box, the fishing box, put a stick in the ground to hold the pole and its all good.

I am a passive fisherman...just watch the pole and have a bowl and a beer.

Good luck to us all.

minds_I
think thats why i love the bottom feeders. its catfish for me too :D...i also love pullin up halibut!! now gotta travel for them, but its worth it!

Orangecrush

When I was about 6 or 7, I remember fishing out on a pier on some lake in Indiana. I was very impatient when I was younger, sitting there waiting to catch a fish was just boring. Both me and my brother used those long rods with no reels when we were that young and I had set mine down next to me. I started messing around with stuff on the pier, rod sitting next to me. Then it starts to shake and I just look at it....then it shoots off into the lake. You can see the fish dragging my rod all over the lake. My dad was pretty mad at me and he ended up having to hook my rod and reel it back in.

Needless to say....we didn't go fishing that often after that.

Last edited:
G

Elevator Man said:
Interesting variant on a perch there - I was never sure if they were the same species in the US, but that looks very similar to a Euro perch, though the stripes are a little different. Do they have the nasty spines on the back of the gills? Just where you hold them for unhooking? Looks like it :)

Here's the current British record of 5 pounds fifteen ounces - which is massive for Britain...:)

http://www.anglerstimes.co.uk/perch.htm

yep they have the spines...
perch are very good eating...but the best would be walleye...imo.a relative of the perch.

Stoned Fishing Story

I went fishing one day. Made my way to my spot. I was fishing below a dam and it was noisy. Sat down on my favorite rock. Rigged up my line casted it out. Proceeded to bust out my bowl pack one up and burn it down. Bright green nugs that came from Philly. While sharing the sunshine with a baby copperhead that was sunning itself on a rock, not more than 2 feet from me. I finished off my bowl, reeled my line back in. Drew back to cast my line again, and quickly realized I was being watched the whole time! I was really effing high at that point, and it scared the shit out of me to realize that I was being watched. I guess the guy was cool. I just kept fishing and waited for the cops to show up. They never did. Thank God. Fishing and smoking to me go hand in hand. Cant have one without the other.

Im gonna go fishing thursday, just to get out. But I have learned the trout around here wont bite for 2 or 3 weeks after being stocked. They are used to being fed on a schedule. And wont really start to feed until they get comfortable with their new enviroment and they get really hungry. Thats when they start to go for power bait. And marshmallows.

D

Don Cotyle

I hate when that happens that's why I always take prerolled joints with me, I also used to roll my own smokes. If it ever came to cops pulling up I'd just pull out my tobacco and start rolling a cig and say "sorry for the trouble, but that guy musta seen me smokeing a hand rolled cig...Ossifer Fife ;) Just glad it didn't ever happen to me. Round this way the guy would of probably tryed to bogart off me....LOL!

AAWWWWW HELLLLLLL YEAAAAAAA! I'm headed out in the am to a spot I know where the 4-5 pound smallies hangout!!! WEEdogies!!!

Last edited:

Echoes

Fishing is fun

Fishing is fun

I used to fish a lot more than I do now. I miss it, really. I love going fishing and taking a few joints to smoke while on the boat or dock. What makes it even better is when the weather is nice. Just give me a fly rod or a good spinning reel and I'll be entertained all day long. Bass, trout, catfish, carp, grouper, mackerel, marlin...pretty much anything, really. I'd love to go fish up north in the streams some day. I want to go after some pike or char, one day. :joint:

Last edited:
mmm marlin.....its always been a dream of mine to land one of those. I may just get the chance this fall. jamaica+red stripe+doober+marlin = happy death LOL

i fish every summer up in northern ontario , good northern pike fishing , muskie fishing , walleye fishing , and bass fishing. My biggest pike ive ever caught was 20lbs caught on a 4inch chartreuse powerbait grub fishin for bass with no steel leader. Biggest Bass i ever caught was 23 inchs long ( i never weighed it ) largemouth caught topwater fishing in the late evening on a big popper in very shallow water ( i had to have the motor propped up it was so shallow ). Also caught a few baby muskies nothing to brag about. Ive lost many big muskie fishing for walleye in deep water current by rapids though , i would be reelin up a walleye and outta no where a huge muskie would come and nail it and would hang on for quite a while but let go before i could net it. This summer im gonna go trolling in those rapids with some big 10 inch muskie plugs and heavy duty muskie gear and get em.

U

UBER21

drunkenstoner said:
i fish every summer up in northern ontario , good northern pike fishing , muskie fishing , walleye fishing , and bass fishing. My biggest pike ive ever caught was 20lbs caught on a 4inch chartreuse powerbait grub fishin for bass with no steel leader. Biggest Bass i ever caught was 23 inchs long ( i never weighed it ) largemouth caught topwater fishing in the late evening on a big popper in very shallow water ( i had to have the motor propped up it was so shallow ). Also caught a few baby muskies nothing to brag about. Ive lost many big muskie fishing for walleye in deep water current by rapids though , i would be reelin up a walleye and outta no where a huge muskie would come and nail it and would hang on for quite a while but let go before i could net it. This summer im gonna go trolling in those rapids with some big 10 inch muskie plugs and heavy duty muskie gear and get em.

great read those musky can be a bit intimidating when they get to there brute size.......I was wading once at a local lake one morning using a buzzbait across the surface and had this monster muskelllunge take a swipe at my buzzbait nearly inches away from my leg....felt the damn tail hit me...I tell ya that was my day for changing into a new pair of shorts.....lol.. :redface: