What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

custom medicine

unnamedmike

Hi friends

Im few days away from my 40th birthday and finally my life allows me to cultivate my medicine. My first grow was 20 years back, mostly stopped the last 10 years, but 20 years now. I had a good collection of elite mothers (all lost now ...) even made some seeds for my self, before cross the puddle.
As a medical user, I would like to have access to as many genetics as possible, but it is not always possible. I open this thread to document my custom effect attempts. Any comment or criticism is welcome, 2 brains think better than one.

I keep a Destroyer female selected from 11 reg seed, breeder cannabiogen. I also keep a jack herer*hp13 selected from 15 fem seed, cross from a Spanish friend. Plan to do some s1 from both, and keep the pollen for future cross. My Destroyer keeper is the daytime smoke, but will be nice look into S1. jh*hp13 is not my style, dank staff but not for me, anyway im gonna do some s1 too.

I currently have a jh*hp13 and two destroyer fattening seeds. Father are two space monkey males from bodhi, both sticky and delicious smell, although I could not test well for lack of adequate space, it seemed a good idea to cross them with my two mothers.

EDIT: sorry about deleted pictures in the first 2 pages. Deleted by accident while doing some free space.

Last edited:
T

Teddybrae

I 'm an outdoor organic grower but I like to see those seeds! I 've just pollinated a Fat pheno Mango Haze to have seeds for next season. Keep growing!!!

unnamedmike

I 'm an outdoor organic grower but I like to see those seeds! I 've just pollinated a Fat pheno Mango Haze to have seeds for next season. Keep growing!!!

hey Teddybrae, nice of you to stop by :tiphat:
I would like to plant outdoors and organic, but I am still waiting for legalization in my country. They sound great mango haze, are they fruity? I'm tired of chem and incense flavors, I just bought some upstream delicatessen looking for fruit

unnamedmike

Destroyer (male sm)

picture.php

unnamedmike

picture.php

Two space monkey sts cuts (sm5 & sm2) was added today. Future crosses list:

Destroyer * destroyer
Destroyer * jackass
Destroyer * sm#2
Destroyer * sm#5

Jackass * destroyer
Jackass * jackass
Jackass * sm#2
Jackass * sm#5

sm#2 * destroyer
sm#2 * jackass
sm#2 * sm#2
sm#2 * sm#5

sm#5 * destroyer
sm#5 * jackass
sm#5 * sm#2
sm#5 * sm#5

destroyer (male sm)
picture.php

Jackass (male sm)
picture.php

unnamedmike

The sts Jackass is already showing male flowers. The problem is going to be the destroyer, she doesnt bloom with less than 13/14 hours of darkness.

picture.php

Two days ago i removed 2 seeds of the jackass plant pollinated 2 weeks ago (immature, big and hard, but still green / gray), removed the shell and put them to germinate in h2o2 + h2o at 1:20. Next to the 2 seeds j*sm9 I started to germinate 2 seeds of mexican bagseed as a control group. One of the two j * sm9 and the two Mexicans have germinated in less than 48 hours.

picture.php

picture.php

unnamedmike

Nice
smile.gif
Very frosty looking seed bracts for sure. I'm loving the STS femming myself. Congrats!
biggrin.gif

Hey douglas Im loving sts too, is quicker than CS

What do you mean you removed the shell?
Hey agent, im using a pair of tweezers, fingers, and a pin, I completely remove the shell from the embryo, this makes the weak seeds do not waste energy opening the shell.
picture.php

Tagging along, nice thread :tiphat:
Welcome mr.brunch :tiphat:

big315smooth

mama tried
Veteran
maybe 5 times in 15 years growing ive helped seed out shell only cause paying alot for the seeds and figured nothing to lose and if it died so be it

unnamedmike

maybe 5 times in 15 years growing ive helped seed out shell only cause paying alot for the seeds and figured nothing to lose and if it died so be it
hey Big315 :tiphat: me too, in 20 years growing first time helping seed out, im trying to do a protocol for cannabis seeds in vitro.

unnamedmike

I harvested the 3 plants for seeds, I have heat problems, an outbreak of fungus gnat, poor light and too much fed.
Especially one of the 2 destroyer, the one pollinated with sm3, looked sick, it is the one that had the least developed seeds, but in theory they would be viable (I did germination test a few days ago)
next weekend I will germinate 70 seeds in total from the cross destroyer/sm3 and destroyer/sm9. In this cross im looking for shorten a little the days of my destroyer's flowering (12/16 weeks) and if possible to make the effect more motivating / creative. My destroyer resin good, but only in flowers and shes small trichom. My space monkey is medium trichomes size and distributed throughout the surface of flowers, leaves, branches. A fusion of the two ways of resining may beautiful to see. In the terps section my destroyer smells like pine cleaner and tastes the same but with a spicy touch. The space monkey I have not tried yet ... xD smell of caramel violet, lavender, burnt sugar, sweet fuel.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

unnamedmike

I got observed in the jackass and destroyer seeds *sm3 and *sm9, that the male sm9 make seeds larger, somewhat more mature and gives plants that germinate normal with the exception of a hard cuticle.-
The male sm3 gives seeds something smaller, less developed. Once germinated and with the root buried they rotate 180º and the root stuck to the cotyledons ends if you do not help (one of the 12 space monkey died so soon after germinating when I was not attentive). When the seeds of the male sm3 germinate, the root does not emerge first, the cotyledons leave.

Funny genetics both males.
This morning the male sm9 woke up with this leaf showing albinism

picture.php

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
I got observed in the jackass and destroyer seeds *sm3 and *sm9, that the male sm9 make seeds larger, somewhat more mature and gives plants that germinate normal with the exception of a hard cuticle.-
The male sm3 gives seeds something smaller, less developed. Once germinated and with the root buried they rotate 180º and the root stuck to the cotyledons ends if you do not help (one of the 12 space monkey died so soon after germinating when I was not attentive). When the seeds of the male sm3 germinate, the root does not emerge first, the cotyledons leave.

Funny genetics both males.
This morning the male sm9 woke up with this leaf showing albinism

View Image
I had a couple seeds do that in my rapid rooters. I was told if you find a strain that is prone to doing that, plant them directly in the soil instead of a starter cube. Do you use any sort of starter or direct soil plant?

unnamedmike

Hi agent ! :tiphat: sorry for late answer, im pretty sure i answered you, but obviously i didn't do that ... my smoked head... I use to popup seeds in a glass, tap water and a pinch of h2o2, and when they show root, i move they to coco. This work right in healthy seeds, but look like that induced a weird grow in this strain when plants are keeped in water for too much. anyway i lost the parents some time back, now growing more destroyer from seed, flipped to 14/10 today

Its been a time since the last post. Im been forced to stop growing and my keepers was lost, my NL keeper too. Some months ago i planned a little NL orgy, 2 females a 3 males and now I harvested some "F2" seeds. Been able to work with this strain is one of myself teenager wish fulfilled, this strain was my very first medical strain. I would had liked my youngest myself made the effort to keep my plant collection all this years, but ... i need to start again and far from a elite cut or easy seed access.
looking if i can get some more "F1" from the breeder, for a bigger gen pool.
And waiting too for 18 mr nice SSH and 11 super silver hashplant from bodhy, plus my actual Destroyer seleccion from seed. This year im gonna be busy, and high xD

picture.php

unnamedmike

In a try to find some mothers / keepers, im gonna do a SOG from seeds. The chosen are:

10 Mexican heirloom A and B (different seeds stock from 2012)
10 Northern light "f2" A y B (3 fathers and 2 mothers involved )

16 seedsman cheese

and some freebies too:

2 "chem dog", "GSC", 3 blueberry, 3 jack herer, 2 white widow and 2 bc tuna.

Im ready to find some hay, but really bad luck if i cant find 2 or 3 special ones. Im pretty interested in what plants im gonna find in the mexican and NL seeds, im keeping more of this seeds, in the case they are good shit.

picture.php

The SSH and SSHP seeds arrived yesterday. Im trying to do enough space to grow they too, but im full, sadly. I will love if i can see soon a Destroyer*SuperSilverHaze, since i leaved the beer, im a little tired of be conscious full time :biggrin:

picture.php

picture.php