What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Why isnt cannabis available medically for those with herpes?

CannaZen

I never held anything against my peers when i was younger and they wanted me to be a pot smoke with them. I realize some people may have something against it... like combustion is nasty, i think raw resin is healthy.... Rubbed some on my lesions and they cleared right up right away!

THC, according to studies I've read blocks the protein synthesis of herpes (with?) the anti-inflammation property. i remember reading that it blocks the synthesis of the protein.

Delta-9 tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) inhibits lytic replication of gamma oncogenic herpesviruses in vitro

There's medication that is said to perform the same function (although I'm not sure it does it blocks it the same) but I'm not sure about its efficacy, don't want to be discriminated against, i believe in consent.

Cannabinoids are anti-viral. Okay so since i stopped consuming it and my body's immune response went into overdrive, aside from a little combustion here and there, I got it all over my hands and forehead, i could pass it to somebody giving a simple handshake for christs sake.

CannaZen

If this is thread is in the wrong section please feel free to move it to the medical or legal section.

Last edited:

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
I never held anything against my peers when i was younger and they wanted me to be a pot smoke with them. I realize some people may have something against it... like combustion is nasty, i think raw resin is healthy.... Rubbed some on my lesions and they cleared right up right away!

THC, according to studies I've read blocks the protein synthesis of herpes (with?) the anti-inflammation property. i remember reading that it blocks the synthesis of the protein.

Delta-9 tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) inhibits lytic replication of gamma oncogenic herpesviruses in vitro

There's medication that is said to perform the same function (although I'm not sure it does it blocks it the same) but I'm not sure about its efficacy, don't want to be discriminated against, i believe in consent.

Cannabinoids are anti-viral. Okay so since i stopped consuming it and my body's immune response went into overdrive, aside from a little combustion here and there, I got it all over my hands and forehead, i could pass it to somebody giving a simple handshake for christs sake.

If this is thread is in the wrong section please feel free to move it to the medical or legal section.
I have been using cannabis daily for over a year and, I can tell you that my "cold sores" do come back. The only thing I have found that works is Lysine. https://cannabis.net/blog/medical/top-cannabis-strains-for-herpes I use 3 of the 5 strains, including the #1 Green Crack. It goes to show that not everything is equal, nor does everyone react to certain strains the same way.

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
I've got no idea how it will do for herpes,

but I discovered 40 years ago that if you take really nasty bong water, and pour it thru a coffee filter, it will come out yellow looking like piss..

It will cure poison ivy and poison oak better that anything else!

just use a cottonball and dab it on the poison ivy...
stops the itching and dries it up fast...

CannaZen

Wow you guys... aheh.. jealous much or just discriminatory? i've actually drank the bong water before when i didnt no better, i should expect you to know better. anyway speaking of lysine not exactly sure how that works but thc blocks lytic replication.. not exactly sure how it works yet.

CannaZen

I think you went far off topic, that's beside the point you cant tell anyone they have to be with a certain person because .. that IS discrimination so gtfo of the thread if you cant stay on topic, you just dont want to get herpes yourself from somebody and thats your choice except that your being selfish.. being off topic. Why isn't medical cannabis available legally to those of us with genital herpes? it prevents replication... its natural and imo its more efficient because it prevents replication AND inflammation. You don't want us to feel better? you suck.

Last edited:

CannaZen

the truth is out there...been going without cannabis for awhile so I'm not very zen with it atm? You think i should be zen for others benefit alone?