What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Need help

Hort Tech

Ok so I took a few years off growing. Got back into it lastwinter and I keep having the same issue and can not figure it out. I start seeds and everything looks good for the first couple weeks they get about 6" then stop growing they get tight internodes, and the larger lower leaves start going yellow. At first I thought it was no N but I give it a good watering and still nothing. Plants are 6 weeks old 2 are about 10" and 6 are around 6". No noticeable growth in weeks.

In pro mix hp with added perlite
Using dyna gro foilage pro @ .5ml a litre and roots excelloater @.3ml
Ec is .50 ph is 6.3 under t5

T

Teddybrae

No food. "Added Perlite" must lessen whatever goodies were originally in yr growing medium ... and those small pots are for seedlings only in my opinion.

Your pots are so small I wonder if you're joshing us!

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If you could post a picture it would make diagnosis much easier.

From what I'm reading, I'm guessing you'll need to feed the plants with a quality full spectrum plant nutrient.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Welcome to ICMag!! :D

Short internodes? What kind and how close is your lighting, and how/what have you fed them the last 6 weeks?

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Needs larger container, my opinion. Small container can produce root bound/lock out issues.

Hope you can get her straightened out.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Pro mix pH

Pro mix pH

Your starting pH is to high! Pro mix rep. told me to pH the water 5.8 and feed with every watering. I feed low dose for best results!