What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

UK man facing possible death penalty

Klompen

Total insanity. He shouldn't have to apologize for it. The worst part of this madness is that most of the world banned cannabis because of faith in the word of the United States, and yet here in the USA its less serious a crime than in many places we inspired to(or pressure to) ban it. If Indonesia were holding oil hostage, you know damn well that the UK and USA would be bombing and shelling them relentlessly. A human being on the other hand is not worth even strongly-worded diplomacy. Man I hate humans sometimes. We just keep following psychopaths into conditions that can only be described as utter madness.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Yeah - note that the weight of the bottles was included as the total weight of the cannabis - and the busted guy is saying that it was only 2-3 grams of oil in those bottles - sounds like personal use to me - and not exactly much of a money making prospect - even if he was supplying -

Still its all totally ridiculous - as Klompen has well stated above.

VenturaHwy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
So the guy went there to go surfing or on vacation? There needs to be a warning to all westerners to avoid countries like this. A friend was telling me that Turkey was a great vacation spot. No thanks, you couldn't pay me to go to Turkey.

Lost in a SOG

GrassSnakeGenetics
These sorts of stories have popped up loads over the years Bali may have its religious issues but it relies on tourism like all the other touristy hotspots that have similar intolerance to cannabis.

They have to toe a weird line where they want as much money as possible from renting out paradise to pasty walruses, but also to keep the locals contented as well. These places just happen to have religious politics going on so every once and a while have to make a clear statement to the locals that the govt. is not encouraging values outside of those indigenous or religious.

Im sure like all the other mini examples he'll be held until people forget about the story then get kicked out the country.

troutman

Seed Whore
The idea of breaking the law in a country where laws are crazy is asking for trouble.

I'm sure Gypsy can tell you doing jail in those countries suck big time.

I bet this dude wishes he had a pair of ruby slippers now.

"There's no place like Home." :)

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Yep - we have all made silly decisions in the past - and this guy says he needed the canna oil for his arthritis - so its a medical thang.

That jail in Bali is really not a nice place to be (what prison is?) - I knew a guy that was banged up there for a while and it was worse than the detention jail I holiday'ed in for 30 months in Manila......

The idea of breaking the law in a country where laws are crazy is asking for trouble.

I'm sure Gypsy can tell you doing jail in those countries suck big time.

I bet this dude wishes he had a pair of ruby slippers now.

"There's no place like Home." :)

Green Squall

These sorts of stories have popped up loads over the years Bali may have its religious issues but it relies on tourism like all the other touristy hotspots that have similar intolerance to cannabis.

Remember Schapelle Corby? Arrested for bring 9lbs of Cannabis into Bali and sentenced to 20 years. After multiple sentence reductions, she was freed after 9.

ozzieAI

Veteran
UK man facing possible death penalty
my first, second and third thought was....what a moron.....

there are more than enough examples of what the 'local' drug climate is at....

your choice...your consequences...

Bali...not for me....

Klompen

There is sure a lot of blaming the victim going on here. Its almost like people on a pot forum are suggesting that people should obey unjust pot laws in repressive countries.

Hold Your Fire

Finding my way back home
Veteran
There is sure a lot of blaming the victim going on here. Its almost like people on a pot forum are suggesting that people should obey unjust pot laws in repressive countries.

Yup.

It couldn't be more clear to me.

Don't break drug laws in Bali.

In their country it's best to play by their rules.

They don't care how unjust you feel their laws are.......

:tiphat: