What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Long Distance Cycling

theclearspot

Im planning a long distance Cycle prob through Turkey and into Iran. I wanted to ask people what would be the best type of bike to use on this trip: Road bike or Hybrid bike? (perhaps the U.S terms are different), I am using the British terms. I want something light as I will need to carry some stuff obviously( small tent, clothes, water, spliff...)any thoughts....
also anyone done any long distance rides please post it here , how it was, any problems etc? cheers all.
TheClearSpot

geeker

I know this post is about a year old, but I think a touring rig would be your best bet... or at least something that can handle a rear rack.

you mean frigging ass long distance, i consider 2 hours long enough

either way, for anyone touring outside their comfy zone theyll need to adjust to whatever is for sale in those counties, meaning you can find 28inch/700c road or 26 mtb, or will you bring your own spares, what if your hub dies? bikeforum has a lot of these topic about long ass touring ;)