What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Looking for advice on what macro lens to get (olympus e-pl1)

Therealzemi

A copy paste from a post i made in another section. As this seams like a better place to ask :)

Greetings :)

As i enjoy taking pictures of my plants, i am now looking to get a macro lens for my "Olympus e-pl1" camera. I am likely looking at a low to mid range price class. Main requirement is, that i have to be able to take fairly sharp tricome shots.

What would you guys recommend to get? Please have in mind, that i am located in Europe, so it needs to be available here :)

Link to my Camera: http://www.olympus-global.com/en/news/2010a/nr100203epl1e.jsp

OlDirtyHuman

I recommend the Vivitar Series 1 70-210mm 3.5. I used to have the e-pl1. It can take some great pictures and it's compatible with canon remote flashes too so you can get cheap Yongnuo lights for it.
Found a few macros I took with that setup.
picture.php

View image in gallery

Or try something with extension tubes on a lens you all ready have it's a super cheap way to see if you like macro. Pretty sure I took these with a Sears 100mm on extension tubes with a handheld flash.

Therealzemi

Thank you for the reply :)
Looking at it as we speak. And i rather like it. And it gets even better when i check the pricetag :)