What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Uk carpers????????

Dog Star

Veteran
But when you look fishing... specialy Carp fishing where you have best tents,great chairs

and 8 legged beds... so after you mount rods and prepare everything

around camp there is only one to do... to light a joint and lie on that 8 legged bed and

to enjoy finaly in nature... full circle if you ask me... but i catch this days predators.

Catched last week Northern Pike 81 cm and 6,5 kg,this one wasnt "catch and release"...

she taked lure (Daiwa Duckfin Shad,Spotted Mullet 9cm),

it was good fight and i used PowerPro 5 lb line that i mounted cause of Zander fishing,
was a bit afraid that line will break but nothing bad happend and i landed Pike.

Jig head hook was almost open cause i used some cheapo jig heads... was lucky a bit.

Fish on friends..

DS

B

bigganjabud

Just going through my old threads and seeing who is still on here out of you bunch

Haha

MAN I've moved to a place up the road from a lake complex

Nothing over 15lbs in there but it's good for a days fishing on a bag of sweetcorn even had a beautiful ghost koi hybrid

As a grower it's a funny thing liking hybrids and I'm glad it's a skill I could adapt to fishing

Garyoutlaw

I know this is an old thread but being an obsessed Carp Angler in America I seldom find other Carp Anglers who also have the same passion for growing so had to chime in here.

As an American Carp Angler I am spoiled by the numbers of venues to fish as well as the numbers of wild Carp available to anyone

Garyoutlaw

And just for the record not all Americans are cool with bowfishing for common Carp
Bighead/Silver Carp & Snakeheads are invasive species that most have no problem with harvest

B

bigganjabud

And just for the record not all Americans are cool with bowfishing for common Carp
Bighead/Silver Carp & Snakeheads are invasive species that most have no problem with harvest

MAN this thread might be old but I still tread these threads

siftedunity

cant re Member
Veteran
wow eating a carp in the uk for most carp fisherman is like eating your next door neighbours dog.. you just don't do that shit.
all our carp have names in the local ponds and are old and very wary and hard to catch. anyware the don't get caught very often they are easy.

The Pheonix

my mates making me go tomorrow! I don't want to go as its too cold and i would rather stay at home.... money is very tight after christmas

But i owe the lad a favour and he's cashing in... i certainly don't expect to catch anything.

Tight Lines

Phe

B

bigganjabud

my mates making me go tomorrow! I don't want to go as its too cold and i would rather stay at home.... money is very tight after christmas

But i owe the lad a favour and he's cashing in... i certainly don't expect to catch anything.

Tight Lines

Phe

I find any water temp 7c and below encourages em to be lathargic and not hungry at all lol

The Pheonix

lake was frozen and a 30lber came out plus the other lake was frozen and 2 fish out...

they do become lethargic but they still feed all year round... :)

location, location, location......is the key at this time of year

B

bigganjabud

lake was frozen and a 30lber came out plus the other lake was frozen and 2 fish out...

they do become lethargic but they still feed all year round... :)

location, location, location......is the key at this time of year

Where did ya go?

Yeah I use tiny hook baits this time of year lol