What's new

Ecuador landrace

Chomba64

Veteran
This is from a friend in South america. Very few seeds to germinate. Very mold resistant. I do not have much information. I would assume the finish time would be similar to some of the other Columbians I have. 26 weeks or so.

Attachments

• DSCN3963.jpg
    DSCN3963.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 36

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
Nice to see some rare Ecuador genetics, not often we see other south american strains like that one...

There used to be another strain around that was offered in the past by Federation Seeds, Celestial Temple Sativa. Said to be from the same area as well. Federation used to offer a nice Hawaiian sativa as well.

I think that Brazilian Seed Co started selling F2 from those as well, after a few french preservationists shared beans with them and they saw another profitable opportunity. According to some reports, its a nice and strong sativa in reasonable short flowering time, although there is a bit of body on the effect and has a relaxing comedown. Others on the other hand said they were bit electric and no ceiling. Definitely one of those I'm looking forward to grow!

I still have a few old beans via Vibes Collective, I offered them to a fella brother in south america for a reproduction. This is the only picture I have saved from those old grow reports of the CTS:

CTS1.jpg

Federation Seed Company - Celestial Temple Sativa

The Celestial Temple Sativa (CTS) is from the area between the coast and the Andes mountains in Ecuador, an area where you find the huge banana plantations and other agricultural productions. Along the coast, daytime average high temperatures range from 84 F (29 C) to 91 F (33 C), with nightime lows going from 68 F (20 C) to 74 F (24 C), making CTS an extremely good producing 10 week sativa that's mold and mildew resistant. Long dark jagged leaves with densly packed pinky pistills and a great calyx to leaf ratio makes trimming a breeze and a pleasure. Known in the medical community as being an extreme sativa without the extreme flowering period, the CTS has a ceilingless soaring high that will raise your your heartbeat and quicken your pace. With a tropical citrus flavour and more bounce to the ounce. CTS is a great strain for an active lifestyle.

Chomba64

Veteran
Yes I have some Celestial Temple seeds. Have not worked with them. Nice looking plant. Be interesting if the Ecuador genetics is a bit early?

Chomba64

Veteran
Ecuador landrace

She is really been progressing with our warm weather lately. Fogy overcast mornings. The weather has been warming up...
Like to try the Celestial Temple next season. Would be nice to work that in for our coastal weather...
This Ecuador landrace is from Quito. It was grown at 13,100+ ft. Takes very cold temperatures. She takes 30 weeks to flower. I HAVE MY WORK CUT OUT FOR ME... PEACE...

Attachments

• DSCN4004.jpg
    DSCN4004.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
I'm going back to Ecuador again this winter. I'll be in Quito, Cuenca, Guayaquil and of course Montanita (this place is stuck in a 60's surfing hippie throwback. lol) I know I can find seeds there. I just won't know what they are. lol. I'll go on a little hunt at every stop. I'm also spending time in the Galapagos, I doubt there's anything there, but I'll check anyway. lol.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
How many weeks in a year? lol

At the very least, I expect to come back with some Colombian seeds seeing as it's right next door.

ahortator

Veteran
I'm going back to Ecuador again this winter. I'll be in Quito, Cuenca, Guayaquil and of course Montanita (this place is stuck in a 60's surfing hippie throwback. lol) I know I can find seeds there. I just won't know what they are. lol. I'll go on a little hunt at every stop. I'm also spending time in the Galapagos, I doubt there's anything there, but I'll check anyway. lol.

What a good luck to travel to such places!

You can get also Ayahuasca and Chacruna seeds or cuttings. There are many many wonderful things thriving in those mountains, gorges, jungles and rainforests.

I wonder if you can find this one and take some cuttings at home:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=350515

"But the most remarkable plant in the forest of Canelos is a gigantic Equisetum, 20 ft high, and the stem nearly as thick as the wrist! ... It extends for a distance of a mile on a plain bordering the Pastasa, but elevated some 200 ft above it, where at every few steps one sinks over the knees in black, white, and red mud. A wood of young larches may give you an idea of its appearance. I have never seen anything which so much astonished me. I could almost fancy myself in some primeval forest of Calamites, and if some gigantic Saurian had suddenly appeared, crushing its way among the succulent stems, my surprise could hardly have been increased. I could find no fruit, so that whether it be terminal, as in E. giganteum, or radical, as in E. fluviatile, is still doubtful, and for this reason I took no specimens at the time, though I shall make a point of gathering it in any state" (Spruce, 1908)

https://www.thefreelibrary.com/Biol...Equisetum+with+emphasis+on+the...-a0334040623

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
What a good luck to travel to such places!

You can get also Ayahuasca and Chacruna seeds or cuttings. There are many many wonderful things thriving in those mountains, gorges, jungles and rainforests.

I wonder if you can find this one and take some cuttings at home:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=350515

I'll look for seeds, but bringing plant material is a big No-No in Canada. If I get caught, the border guards will beat me with hockey sticks. But I'm not saying I won't try to bring a baby San Pedro home with me :) I tried before and they confiscated it.

Xochipilli

i lived in ecuador a few years. use to get great herb that was grown outside of Banos somewhere. Real potent, speedy, psychedelic stuff :)

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
I know expats in Banos but they're pretty square. I've been to the swing. I'm afraid of heights but I did it anyway. lol

ahortator

Veteran
I'll look for seeds, but bringing plant material is a big No-No in Canada. If I get caught, the border guards will beat me with hockey sticks. But I'm not saying I won't try to bring a baby San Pedro home with me :) I tried before and they confiscated it.

If it weighs less than 20gr. and it is flat, here it is not so No-No :biggrin:

About Psychotria they propagate by leaf cuttings, which are really flat inside a letter.

9c6a89863dac278dcce0f45e64ea67c0.jpg

Psychotria-Viridis-Carthagenensis-Alba-Leaves-Mixed-Species-Propagation.jpg

Giant horsetail it is the same. It roots and grows shoots very easy and they whithstand more than a month wrapped in wet kitchen or toilet paper inside a little ziplock bag.

This one is a test I did with the small one we have here, Equisetum ramosissimum in order to see if they can be sent by mail inside a normal letter. But my friend in South America doesn't find E. giganteum growing in the wild.
GCtjT52.jpg

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
If it weighs less than 20gr. and it is flat, here it is not so No-No :biggrin:

About Psychotria they propagate by leaf cuttings, which are really flat inside a letter.

View Image
View Image

Giant horsetail it is the same. It roots and grows shoots very easy and they whithstand more than a month wrapped in wet kitchen or toilet paper inside a little ziplock bag.

This one is a test I did with the small one we have here, Equisetum ramosissimum in order to see if they can be sent by mail inside a normal letter. But my friend in South America doesn't find E. giganteum growing in the wild.
View Image
THAT'S Fantastic!!

Thanks ahortator.

djimb

Veteran
Fwiw, I collected seed from a Banisteriopsis caapi vine in the Medellin botanical gardens. They look maple seeds. I brought them home, but they got crushed in transit.

Your itinerary probably won't afford you the opportunity to collect any, but if you find yourself able to get Psycotria leaves, you could probably find some Banisteriopsis nearby.

ahortator

Veteran
Fwiw, I collected seed from a Banisteriopsis caapi vine in the Medellin botanical gardens. They look maple seeds. I brought them home, but they got crushed in transit.

Your itinerary probably won't afford you the opportunity to collect any, but if you find yourself able to get Psycotria leaves, you could probably find some Banisteriopsis nearby.

Perhaps Alicia anisopetala (Black Ayahuasca) seeds are easier to carry and send by mail without getting crushed, as the seeds, leaving aside the wings, are smaller. But as far as I know if Banisteriosis caapi is difficult to get, Alicia anisopetala must be more difficult. You can protect the seeds placing them inside a hole cut in a piece of corrugated cardboard.

IMG_0017.jpg

Also Ayahuasca can be propagated by thin branches cuttings.

About Giant Horsetail they are huge and invasive and with that ancient looking. And also you can use them as tea against powdery mildew, othe types of mold and even for drinking yourself to make your bones stronger or for your kidneys health. So they are perfect.

ahortator

Veteran
Hi Tycho. If Creepy is the same thing as in the neighbouring Colombia it is neither landrace nor sativa/NLD at all. I hope Chola at least isn¡t an Afghan Kush hybrid.

Good luck ;)

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Hi Tycho. If Creepy is the same thing as in the neighbouring Colombia it is neither landrace nor sativa/NLD at all. I hope Chola at least isn¡t an Afghan Kush hybrid.

Good luck ;)

I'm 100% sure it's Colombian. I can't imagine it being imported from any place other than there. As for the Chola, who knows what it is.

The hunt is as much fun as smoking it. :) Maybe more so, because now I get to grow it. :smokeit: