What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Fall/Winter Micro SOG

gr8fulbud

I started this grow last October with 12 plants from bagseed that yielded 6 females. I made one a mother plant and have taken two clones from her. You can see them in the veg chamber on the left side of the cab. I put the females in the flowering chamber on the right side of the cab and went 12/12 in mid-November. The five girls threatened to overgrow the cab so I LSTed them.
So far so good.

The cab: mdf panels screwed together with the veg side dimensions of 7"W X 11"L X 18"H, flower side dimensions of 13"W x 11"L X 22"H.

Between the veg and flower sides are two double light trap walls and I use the space between them as a drying room with the dimensions of 4"W X 11"L X 18"H. The air enters through the veg side and weaves through the double walls into the flower room and then gets sucked out through a carbon filter in the electrical room: 11"W X 11"L X 4"H. The usual timers, computer fans, power strips.

A can of ONA gel sits just outside the cab where the exhaust port is.

Veg side has two 23 watt cool white bulbs and the flower side has five 23 watt warm white. By use of the timers and screwing/unscrewing some of the bulbs, I can moderate temperatures in a cold winter garage pretty well. Low of 65 and high of 80 more or less.

The plants are in 20oz Gatorade bottles and are placed in plastic storage boxes. The boxes catch all the excess water and can be filled with water or perlite and water when I am away for any length of time. I was away for eight days over Christmas and the plants hated the extra water and dropped a lot of leaves but they survived and are recovering nicely. With the fan leaves dropping off, the lower popcorn buds are getting a little more light.

I was using Technaflora hydro nutes but switched to bat guano tea and molasses about a month ago. Nothing but distilled water from start to finish so IMO the plants did pretty well. Soil is Fox Farm Ocean Forest with added perlite.

A few pistils turning brown and most of the trichs are still clear so maybe a couple more weeks and I'll start a staggered harvest.

Here are some recent pics both in and out of the cab:

Sorry the pics aren't better...no flash on my camera/phone. I'm going to do a single-plant scrog for Winter/Spring.

Thanks for stopping by...Happy New Year! (Bet they are in Colorado!)

Last edited:

UncleCrab

Nice cabinet design! When I get around to building a new cab, I'll definitely be incorporating your drying space between the veg and flower compartments.

Cobra420

Plants look great. Clean setup you have. I have a 12 plant sog going in one side of my cab at the moment. Started flowering them sometime in November. Excited to see how yours turn out.
-Cobra

gr8fulbud

Had to leave the plants for a week but put plenty of water in the plastic boxes and they all look good. More milky trichs than clear now so harvest is right around the corner!

tleaf jr.

Came up off 75w
Veteran
looking good man nun wrong with some good ol bagseed iv got a mother from a bagseed that i kept back in FEB of last year even though I some legit genetics now pretty good smoke ...keep growing :tiphat:

gr8fulbud

Harvest Time!

Harvest Time!

After six weeks of smoking popcorn buds...the chop!
Five little sisters!

Hang 'em up to dry!

Followed by the SCROG!

As you can see I have a modular setup that fits snugly in my
11" X 13" flower room.
On top of the screen are my two clones from the mother on the veg side.
If you look closely you can see the buds drying in the center room.
I'm torn whether to plant one or both clones... my gut says one and grow the other into a new mother. Any suggestions?​

Anyway life is good now and will be even better after the cure!​

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice harvest!

You could always veg both plants a little more, take cuts from both and throw both into flower.

gr8fulbud

Thanks, blynx!

I will be vegging (18/6) while filling up the screen. I was just wondering if I should put both girls in the SCROG container instead of just one. You can see my container is rather small and lacks depth and I have grown (2) single plant SCROGS in this setup before. Am I getting too greedy? The roots spread rather nicely the first two grows but didn't seem crowded at all so maybe I am answering my own question...go for two! Anybody want to talk me down?

5th

Veteran
Nah you answered your own questions. Double 'em up.

Plenty of time to grab some clones off of one of 'em (for the new mom) when their filling out that screen. Congrats on the harvey. :tiphat:

gr8fulbud

Nah you answered your own questions. Double 'em up.

Plenty of time to grab some clones off of one of 'em (for the new mom) when their filling out that screen. Congrats on the harvey. :tiphat:
Did it 5th...Here they are!​

Planted in FFOF with added perlite. The nutes already in the soil should green 'em up a bit.​