What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Yes I really live on an Island with a tribe of Natives

chakras

Me,, Not much to it really
I was born in Dublin Ireland,,sent to the U.S.when i was 12 to live with a aunt and uncle,whom I never met until then and still hate to this day,,,needless to say, things didn't go so well there,,I soon found myself at Fork Union Military Academy in southern Virginia,, which is where I discovered Weeeeed,,after 7 years there i was excepted to Annapolis Navel Academy,,and received my commission in the United States Marine Corps in 1980, retired in 2007 at the rank of Captain.. ,,SMOKIN THE WHOLE WAY..
Been married 3 times,,one of um i actually liked,,, got 2 grown kids,,I like both of them..

My wife,,
Wife's name is Sabuya ( SAA-BOO-YAA ) just one word,,,, no middle name ,,,no last name,,shes givin me the ok to post a foto of her as long as she oks the foto first.
She was born here,,, ok now get yer hankies out for this one,,, her and her mother caught lobsters paddled out to the sea lanes and sold them to the cruise ships to get enough money to send her to Jakarta when she was 13 where she worked as a house maid in exchange for being sent to Highschool,,after high school the lady she worked for sent her to Palawan State University on the Island of Palawan In the Philippines where she learned to speak English and French and got a degree in Accounting and Business management ..
Her first job was with a Singapore bank that took her to the Netherlands when I met her she was working at De Netherlands Banks main office in Amsterdam,,she shared a flat with 2 other girls in the city and kept a small flat in Delft.

We met,,, at a bakery in Delft the coolest town in the Netherlands,,I was trying the country side on my annual Mecca and found this little town,The B&B I was staying at had a little bakery downstairs ,,on a Saturday morning I was down there having coffee and a woman walked in dressed in sweats pants and a T shirt,,she sat down at the table next to mine,,we made a little eye contact,,her order was ready she got it and left,,next morning same thing,,I'm havin coffee,,she walks in,,,table next to me,,little eye contact,,,order up ,,,out the door she went.
Monday morning she comes in dressed in this Hot tight Euro bich skirt and heels,,hair and make-up,,, i was staring,,,,I'm talkin I was blatantly oggeling her,,,I was floored,,I was knocked to ma fukin knees right there,,,I couldnt take my eyes off her,,I watched her as she walked up and down the counter,ordering her coffee and croissants little heels clickin on the tile floor ,,AND THEN,,,,, lil bich turned around,, looked at me,, and asked "did you get a good look ??" ..Welllllll,,,,,,,,It was pretty much on from there,,cause I was waaaaaay beyond just looking,,I stood up,,,, circled around her like she was a prize Lipizzaner mare,just short of a close arms inspection,,,,looking up and down making comments on her shoes,,hair ,,,make-up and style of dress,,,comments she ate up with a big wooden pastry spoon, cause we've barley been apart since that day.

How'd we end up here ??
Wife hasn't seen her family for over 20 years,,,she has 3 sisters and 2 brothers shes never seen,,didn't take me long to figger out the sad side of her,,she missed her family..I tried to plan a surprise trip ,but when I found out where here really was and what it took to get here I had to involve her in the plans,soon after getting info on how to get here I found out this island and 5 others in the archipelago are World Heritage Sites for Indigenous Tribal cultures and visiting is only permitted with permits and approval of the W.H.O,,, It took us 8 months to get approved,,their big deal was our influences on the their culture, if my wife wasn't born here we would have been turned down for sure ,,and you better believe they let us know that... They tried to convince my wife it would be better for her family if she were to not go,,tried to tell her because of her experiences and education she could possibly make detrimental changes to their lives,,,well ya know what ??? their right,,she has every intention of changing their lives,,,like steady food supply ,,livestock tending, raising other crops besides corn and rice,,,better water supply for "stick town" ( shacks built over the water )3 years ago we started paying a Malaysian doctor and his nurse wife to come here every 6 months,,now they come and stay for a week every 6 months but no longer charge us,,we just pay for their boat rides here and back..Last year we sent 2 girls to Bali to be trained as Midwives,,one decided she wanted to work in a bar and entertain men the other returned and helped my wife set up a small one room birthing center that she funds herself,,and offers it to any one who needs it in the area not just this island,,,, most births here go ok,,,sum don't...

Came here just for a visit,,only supposed to stay for 21 days,,that would be 6 years ago this Jan...............:ying:

Da Kine.

chakras

It was one hell of a tale, which I agree is absolutely authentic. I think that the folks that were coming out to try to keep the island primitive either kicked him off the island for corrupting the natives by exposure to modern conveniences or threatened him with getting kicked off if he did not immediately cease and desist with electronic communication.

Either way, I am glad I had the chance to read his posts.

Yup!