What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Official Boxing Thread

Badfishy1

I thought there were only 4 major (credible) ones. If there really are 8 sanctioning bodies, yeah, that's like a group of promoters getting together and forming their own sanctioning body just for their own fighters...

That's exactly what it is. You can find one fighter, cupcake his first 30 matches, throw in a decent fight, followed by 19 more bullshit fights then say well I'm 50-0 now pay me big. Fuck off... fight some competition and see who you really are. Just like canelo ggg I think canelo is 40 something and 1 and GGG is 30-0. How?

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Has Canelo ducked a lot of fighters? He fought (and lost to) Mayweather but maybe the money was just too good to pass up that fight.
GGG's first fight in vegas was against canelo this past weekend but in his case many of the top fighters seemed to be ducking him. It wasnt till he had a lackluster decision (his first non-KO in like 20 fights) in his previous fight that canelo agreed to fight him.
I get that every great boxer's record is going to be filled with some tomato cans who had perfect records because they beat a bunch of part time or washed up fighters (mike tysons first fight after prison was against some dude who was 30-0 or something, tyson tko'd him in the 1st rd) but yeah, in order to be legit they need to have more than a few matches against the best in their weight class. Manny i dont think ducked anyone, I think the great boxers of the 80's and 90's (leonard, hagler, hearns, roy jones jr, etc) fought the best of their eras. Tyson also fought legit competition, holyfield too i think.
But nowadays, maybe the best boxers too seldom are willing to risk their records against a great opponent, not unless the money is worth it; like, set me up for life money, because if i lose this fight im not going to get another payday like this again. Which maybe is just smart management, but it smells like fear to a fight fan...

N

NBE One !

Heard today the Female Judge " That's also Mexican " and Who gave Canelo " 8 rounds " IS FINISHED in that Proffesion.
-
Canelo lost Unamiousley to "Allweather".... just saying.
Huey fury is on at the weekend in the UK. Tyson's Cousin

Apparantely many fighters ducked this guy. Can see why
[YOUTUBEIF]CbrdO9Qg4Mg[/YOUTUBEIF]

^like a rocky film !
Canelo vs khan (-; . he's out Cold !

Last edited:

Badfishy1

Heard today the Female Judge " That's also Mexican " and Who gave Canelo " 8 rounds " IS FINISHED in that Proffesion.
-
Canelo lost Unamiousley to "Allweather".... just saying.
Huey fury is on at the weekend in the UK. Tyson's Cousin

Apparantely many fighters ducked this guy. Can see why
[YOUTUBEIF]CbrdO9Qg4Mg[/YOUTUBEIF]

^like a rocky film !
Canelo vs khan (-; . he's out Cold !

But beat Mosley and cotto so can't say he ducked everybody

N

NBE One !

:chin: ?. Prescott ! Didn't say HE ducked but Apparantely WAS ducked. Not aware of His Rec at all.

N

NBE One !

picture.php

Can ya make out the writing.
Saying to pops about Anthony Joshua vs Deontay Wilder.
Got info alright , gave me that lot (-: " Good bigun doesn't always beat a good littleun "

Apparantly - Gonna be at M.S.G ,Ceasars Palace, or Wembly

So he says if he was U.S he'd be West Virginian as Told by some when he was over there Concerning Cattle. Also was in Canada alot, im Just saying. Tough! :yes: :D Big Arms. Should see his 84yr old Sisters Arms. lol

Last edited:

BombBudPuffa

Veteran
I'm ready for Rigondeaux vs Lomachenko! That's going to be a fight of straight skill. I cannot believe it's free on ESPN.

N

NBE One !

Watching Joshua vs klithscko . Eventful 5th round - VK went down , AJ wasnt far away too.

Tyson would of had em both beat in 2 rnds ... :D

N

NBE One !

View Image
Can ya make out the writing.
Saying to pops about Anthony Joshua vs Deontay Wilder.
Got info alright , gave me that lot (-: " Good bigun doesn't always beat a good littleun "

Apparantly - Gonna be at M.S.G ,Ceasars Palace, or Wembly

So he says if he was U.S he'd be West Virginian as Told by some when he was over there Concerning Cattle. Also was in Canada alot, im Just saying. Tough! :yes: :D Big Arms. Should see his 84yr old Sisters Arms. lol
Serious.

N

NBE One !

what.....:-( that bits meant to be there and shouldn't be Quoted !
/-:
Rnd 6 n AJ goes down , " rocket " of a right from Vladamir .

Just saying , got as far as twenty seconds into the first when on live ,Thought Naa.Wish I'd stayed watching now. Ends in the 11th I believe.

Still, Sure I'm gonna bet on deontay . :)

N

NBE One !

Deontay wilder vs Luis Ortiz. Anyone see that ?

Not 6'3" or under at all './$#-&!. DW is 6' 7" ! Also LOOKS Very much like Jon b Jones. ( Have too blink ! )

Ortiz was Unbeaten Until the 10th rnd.

DW vs Anthony Joshua Will be a Massive Show

Kaskadian

Veteran
Deontay wilder vs Luis Ortiz. Anyone see that ?

Not 6'3" or under at all './$#-&!. DW is 6' 7" ! Also LOOKS Very much like Jon b Jones. ( Have too blink ! )

Ortiz was Unbeaten Until the 10th rnd.

DW vs Anthony Joshua Will be a Massive Show

I'm a fan of both Wilder & Ortiz but man that was a crazy fight. Ortiz schooled Wilder for the first 7 rounds. Had round 7 gone on for another minute I think Ortiz might have finished Wilder. That being said, Wilder has that crazy straight right that puts people to sleep. Those who saw the fight knows how round 10 ended.

I'm looking forward to Joshua vs. Parker on the 31st. Both of these guys are incredibly talented. Whoever wins this fight will most likely go on to fight Deontay Wilder to become the first undisputed heavyweight champ since I believe Lennox Lewis in 2000. Personally I'm expecting Wilder vs. Joshua, but there is a lot of shit in boxing that prevents fights from happening as soon as they should.

I think whoever wins between Joshua vs. Parker has to go on and fight mandatory challengers before they'd be allowed to accept a fight against Wilder in 2018. Guess we'll find out.

N

NBE One !

That's what Pops keeps Going About ! Then the Winner faces
Deontay Wilder this Summer.

Was some scrap ! Not seen DW before, didn't know where a was for a Couple of Seconds, could be John b Jones Stand-in ! :D

Last edited:

Kaskadian

Veteran
That's what Pops keeps Going About ! Then the Winner faces
Deontay Wilder this Summer.

Was some scrap ! Not seen DW before, didn't know where a was for a Couple of Seconds, could be John b Jones Stand-in ! :D

Sadly I’m not sure how likely a Joshua/Parker vs Wilder fight in 2018 is. I think we have a bunch of options now...

Joshua/Parker rematch, winner vs Tyson Fury, etc. I also heard Dana White offered Joshua $500million for a 10 fight contract. Who knows man... boxing is crazy.

I would like to see Andy Ruiz Jr. get a big fight. That guy is world class.

BombBudPuffa

Veteran
We're not seeing Wilder vs Joshua anytime soon. Especially after Whyte KOED Browne and Hearn is trying to push the WBC to mandate Wilder vs Whyte lmao.

I don't know what to think about boxing these days. All the big fights just don't get made and when they do you have situations like Canelo and the clenbuterol scandal lol. Now, if Canelo KOs GGG it won't matter because he's failed 2 drug tests (4 according to some outlets).

Kaskadian

Veteran
We're not seeing Wilder vs Joshua anytime soon. Especially after Whyte KOED Browne and Hearn is trying to push the WBC to mandate Wilder vs Whyte lmao.

Yeah man... I think we might see Wilder vs Whyte in April. If not I think Whyte would end up as a mandatory for Wilder. I’d like to see Wilder get a contract for a guaranteed fight against AJ if he beats Whyte.

I’m not taking anything away from Whyte he’s an excellent boxer but I don’t see him beating Wilder. I’m not some fan boy for Wilder, but Luis Ortiz would have eaten Whyte alive and he got dropped by Wilder.

Eddie Hearn is there to make money though... I think we could end up with a Joshua vs Parker rematch (if Joshua loses), Josua vs Fury (huge money fight), or even a few mandatory fights for Joshua/Parker before a fight with Wilder. Either way we are looking at a lot of reasons why this fight isn’t going to happen anytime soon.

Who knows man... it’s a wild time for boxing.

BombBudPuffa

Veteran
Yeah man... I think we might see Wilder vs Whyte in April. If not I think Whyte would end up as a mandatory for Wilder. I’d like to see Wilder get a contract for a guaranteed fight against AJ if he beats Whyte.

I’m not taking anything away from Whyte he’s an excellent boxer but I don’t see him beating Wilder. I’m not some fan boy for Wilder, but Luis Ortiz would have eaten Whyte alive and he got dropped by Wilder.

Eddie Hearn is there to make money though... I think we could end up with a Joshua vs Parker rematch (if Joshua loses), Josua vs Fury (huge money fight), or even a few mandatory fights for Joshua/Parker before a fight with Wilder. Either way we are looking at a lot of reasons why this fight isn’t going to happen anytime soon.

Who knows man... it’s a wild time for boxing.

I'm just ready for the Crawford/Horn fight. Anxious to see what Bud looks like at 147. I think he's going to beat Horn easy. That shit would shake up the division. I want to see Crawford vs Thurman, Spence, Garcia...even Porter.

Kaskadian

Veteran
I'm just ready for the Crawford/Horn fight. Anxious to see what Bud looks like at 147. I think he's going to beat Horn easy. That shit would shake up the division. I want to see Crawford vs Thurman, Spence, Garcia...even Porter.

Dude! That’s going to be an insane fight! I think Crawford is going to smoke him but I love a good underdog and Horn is no bum.

I’m waiting to see now what happens with Canelo and whether or not he’s going to receive a ban. He’s already temporarily suspended after he popped for clen. Been looking forward to Canelo vs GGG for a while.

Real talk though... what do you fellas think about Joshua vs Parker this weekend? I see AJ knocking out Parker in round 6-9, but my love for a good underdog makes me want to see a surprise upset where Parker wins. Both guys are world class, but AJ is a next level athlete.