What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Ol'Mother And Daughter Cliche'

SkyRose

AnYwaY... point being... Looking back on the journey of parenting, and thinking about the future, I guess there really is no way of knowing what you will do in any given situation, until you're there...
Couldn't agree more, and even though I'm there already, I still don't know what to do, sometimes. I just take one day at a time, one step at a time.

To fill ya in, things are still pretty sane around here, although we still have our minor moments, but they are not as bad as they were. She's been pretty good with keeping mom posted and not disappearing. :abduct:
All is well.... :joint:

SkyRose

:wave: Wow, I guess it's been a while since I've been here at this post.
So just a little update.... WE MADE IT THROUGH THE SUMMER!!! :woohoo: :woohoo:

:joint:

Jenna

congratulations skyrose!

I am beginning to understand why my mother was so damn angry during my teen years. She put a curse on me.. someday you will have a daughter.... frick.. pass the herb and grant me the patience necessary to finish raising this woman-child without grindin my teeth into oblivion.

SkyRose

Jenna said:
pass the herb and grant me the patience necessary to finish raising this woman-child without grindin my teeth into oblivion.
:biglaugh: :biglaugh:
:wave: The herb is a very big help, huge help. :joint: :joint: :joint:

G

Jenna said:
congratulations skyrose!

I am beginning to understand why my mother was so damn angry during my teen years. She put a curse on me.. someday you will have a daughter.... frick.. pass the herb and grant me the patience necessary to finish raising this woman-child without grindin my teeth into oblivion.
:respect: I tell ya'll what.... I am so grateful I din't have a daughter... considering my own mom-daughter ordeal i had to get over, the astranged relationship I have had with my sister(...which is getting better, btw) and the various female friends I have had in my lifetime, I just don't know how much of a good mom I would have been with a girl, we can be total bitches sometimes.... lol... :D
so just know:respect: ya'll got my total respect cause from what I have seen here, girls are harder to raise than boys in most cases....?? :chin: would that be a good thread?... :confused: anyway, Sky I am so happy things are well with the family...
and Jenna, so funny and sweet as usual:bongsmi:

see'ya's...:wave:

G

I think being here at this forum may be a huge help to me. My 15 year old is already giving me a hard time. She wants to be treated as an adult, wants to do anything she wants to and does not understand why she can't.

Then she wants to go to a store for example, I drive her there and say, "I'll wait here for you." The look on her face! "Well I'm not going alone!"

Go figure. But of course she wants me to go with her, stay a few paces behind and for heaven's sake....don't speak or act like you know me...

until it is time to pay of course.........................

God pass that joint!

Jenna

haha.... yes pieceofmyheart.. just stay a few paces behind and have the money ready. It would probably be nice to carry her packages too. I have learned not to offer fashion advice cause apparently i have NO TASTE!

Not sure what sex is harder to raise. My daughters always talk about their problems, boys, school (honest mom,that teacher just hates me.. i have no idea why?) what's going on with who in their group of friends and what happened at the latest party.. Oh the Drama! Daughter broke up with boyfriend. The poor boy resorted to calling me for advice.. Hilarious.. poor guy.. I got the "I love her so much.. sob sob sob..help me get her back" I think I would rather talk to a bill collector. Dano takes the "you better be frickin terrified of me" stance when it comes to the girls boyfriends. I think he loves that part! They are scared to make eye contact.

I have a 16 year old son too. He is our basement dweller, coming up for food, or to argue with his sisters. It's like pullin teeth to get that boy to talk but then if his sisters are home, he doesn't get much of a chance. It takes three requests by me to actually get him to do something (1 from Dad). Generally, he mopes and grumbles and plays video games.

I wouldn't go back in time to my teen years for all the herb on the planet.. ok.. maybe then :chin: ..

SkyRose

pieceofmyheart said:
Then she wants to go to a store for example, I drive her there and say, "I'll wait here for you." The look on her face! "Well I'm not going alone!"
Go figure. But of course she wants me to go with her, stay a few paces behind and for heaven's sake....don't speak or act like you know me...

until it is time to pay of course.........................
:smile: Are you kidding.... my daughter, when she was that age, would've jumped at the chance to go in the store alone.... or if we went in together.... she would go run off and tell me to meet her at the doors. Of course, I really didn't mind... cause it meant she spent her own money. :biglaugh: :biglaugh: Anyway, she's not so embarassed of me lately. I know all her friends quite well, and they all call me Aunt. Yep.... she's finally figured out that Mom's the Coolest Mom on the block and her friends remind her. :joint: :joint: And these friends of hers, really keep RED & I amused, sometimes. A new chuckle everyday. :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

Had a big laugh recently.... my daughter somehow got the notion that I might pay her for cleaning the house.... LMFAO :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

:wave: Jenna, I do feel sorry for you, girl. Oh, and I do know all about the dramas... :jawdrop: my daughter and all her friends. Most of the time I just listen and shake my head, because you know, they'll never listen to your advice, anyway, so why say anything... And sometimes it's easier just to pass them the joint. :joint:

:wave: Later

G

My daughter's friends love me and think I pretty cool, but my daughter must think they are lame for that.

Last year my oldest who had beautiful long blonde hair, chopped it off and dyed it black. I didn't like it but it is her hair. After the roots starting showing she decides to dye it back to the original blonde. 6 different hairdyes in one week left her hair fried and a sickly pinkish/white.

Off to the a beautician we go and $180.00 later it is shorter and sort of bleached blonde.

Well recently she just had to get something pierced. I would not agree to the lip or tongue but finally agreed to take her if she paid for it to get her nose pierced. Again, it was against my better judgement but it is her nose.

Last night I hear her at the bedroom door crying. I go to her and she tells me it is hurting really bad and she has lain there in bed and convinced herself that she has some flesh eating bacteria and her nose is goin to rot off. I gave her advil, ice and loved on her and rubbed her and got her calm enough to let me get a good look at it. Yeah you got it, it is infected.

So we are going to the doctor today. Will she ever listen?

Latest posts

Latest posts