What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Get High and Go Hiking!

zilo

picture.php

Nature highkes are my favorite

HOPS5K

Lover of Life
Veteran
Thru hiking anyone? Life happened last year with my Dad passing on, so I didn't thru hike the CT, but I have most of my gear. I have been outdoors a lot more, lost all the weight, went to Metallica and Foo Fighters, and kinda met a really sweet girl last summer and finished college algebra and science classes to get within 3(?) classes of a degree...I'm fucking ready to get away so bad right now...so ready to get out of this small town, hike from March to November and go from there.
I forgot all about this thread, but I'm super stoked to jump into this outdoor lifestyle and hope you guys are doing good tonight.

BesKi

We are thinking about hiking this simmer. Traveling abroad is still not safe, so hiking seems to be a wise and interesting choice.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
i'd love to try thru-hiking the Appalachian Trail. i've used lots of it accessing virtually never hunted parts of the mountains here in east TN. at my age though, and with my knees...probably going to have to live that life through others adventures.

mexweed

Veteran
nothing too crazy 6-8 mile hikes to 11,000-12,000ft

​​

Attachments

• photo2065879.jpg
    photo2065879.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 69

St. Phatty

I hike High all the time.

One thing that would be useful for skiing and High Hiking is a water pipe with a "revolver" type bowl. So you can pre-load 6 bowls and just turn the revolver and get a new bowl.

Anybody ever been to the Desolation area near Lake Tahoe ?

I just came out of a meeting with a fairly grim conclusion. That the Caldor fire is headed for South Lake Tahoe, a big town with a lot of forest homes. 10 days away, if the weather stays on the track it's been the last 10 days.

Part of the key to stopping it is in the Echo Lake - Desolation Wilderness - area between Fallen Leaf Lake and Twin Bridges. There's a natural fire break there with 3 lakes in a row.

Sometimes people talk about the Desolation area like it's Bare but there's a whole lot of forest around there.

mexweed

Veteran
went out for 10 hours on monday

Attachments

• photo2069563.jpg
    photo2069563.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 77
  • photo2069564.jpg
    photo2069564.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 74
  • photo2069573.jpg
    photo2069573.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 73
  • photo2069574.jpg
    photo2069574.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 77
  • photo2069575.jpg
    photo2069575.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:

Grommers

Nowadays I have plan to change some camping gears and buying something new. It will be tent and gps equipment for navigation. Camping and mountain hiking are my hobbies. Camping requires more physical exercise to gather, prepare and store food, get around a campsite and manage your shelter effectively. Returning to buying new stuff for camping I have interest in testing marketplace like Everest because my buddies usually buy equipment in that place before.