Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Hobbies and Interests > The Great OutDoors > Yes I really live on an Island with a tribe of Natives

Thread Title Search
Yes I really live on an Island with a tribe of Natives Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-27-2018, 06:09 PM #971
nameless
bowlbreath

nameless has a reputation beyond reputenameless has a reputation beyond reputenameless has a reputation beyond reputenameless has a reputation beyond reputenameless has a reputation beyond reputenameless has a reputation beyond reputenameless has a reputation beyond reputenameless has a reputation beyond reputenameless has a reputation beyond reputenameless has a reputation beyond reputenameless has a reputation beyond repute
this thread really was something, im glad to see it bumped for the new folks.

enjoy
nameless is offline Quote

Old 01-18-2019, 07:39 AM #972
Swamp Thang

Swamp Thang is a glorious beacon of lightSwamp Thang is a glorious beacon of lightSwamp Thang is a glorious beacon of lightSwamp Thang is a glorious beacon of lightSwamp Thang is a glorious beacon of lightSwamp Thang is a glorious beacon of lightSwamp Thang is a glorious beacon of lightSwamp Thang is a glorious beacon of lightSwamp Thang is a glorious beacon of lightSwamp Thang is a glorious beacon of lightSwamp Thang is a glorious beacon of light
I just read the first 40 or so pages of Bad Dog's this amazing journal, and like everyone else, I sure hope we get to hear from this certified wild man, once his internet link is back up and running. The stream of consciousness prose used by Bad Dog reminds me so much of Jack Keruak's writings in his iconic novel "On The Road", which documented his travels across the USA in the early 1960s.

The stories told in this thread are so outlandish that it is easy to see why a few readers got to thinking at least some of these accounts were made up, but I for one am absolutely convinced that these are true accounts of real life adventures, as experienced by a master story teller.

Well, maybe a few minor details were embellished, or changed to "protect the innocent", but hey, who cares if some details are less than accurate ? I sure don't, because my feeling is that this story is a 100% legit true account of life in that remote corner of our planet.

I for one am certain that Big Dog is still alive and kicking, whilst taking care of his family out there on that island. A storm, or just the elements, probably knocked out his DIY internet link, which would explain his long silence between 2013 and 2019.

In short, stay tuned, for more Robinson Crusoe exploits narrated in the way that ONLY the Bad Dog does. The fat lady ain't sung yet, y'all, so this story ain't over just yet.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-18-2019, 08:43 AM #973
Gypsy Nirvana
Free'd P.O.W.

Gypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivor
I know the guy exists - because I have a piece of land out that way and he brought some 'frontline' to give to my caretaker for the dogs - when I was not around - so I never actually met him - but my caretaker did.

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-18-2019, 10:36 AM #974
oti$

oti$ has a brilliant futureoti$ has a brilliant futureoti$ has a brilliant futureoti$ has a brilliant futureoti$ has a brilliant futureoti$ has a brilliant futureoti$ has a brilliant futureoti$ has a brilliant futureoti$ has a brilliant futureoti$ has a brilliant futureoti$ has a brilliant future
I like coconuts
You can break them open
They smell like ladies laying in the sun...

I loved reading this thread years back...time for a revisit
oti$ is offline Quote

Old 01-18-2019, 06:46 PM #975
Swamp Thang

Swamp Thang is a glorious beacon of lightSwamp Thang is a glorious beacon of lightSwamp Thang is a glorious beacon of lightSwamp Thang is a glorious beacon of lightSwamp Thang is a glorious beacon of lightSwamp Thang is a glorious beacon of lightSwamp Thang is a glorious beacon of lightSwamp Thang is a glorious beacon of lightSwamp Thang is a glorious beacon of lightSwamp Thang is a glorious beacon of lightSwamp Thang is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsy Nirvana View Post
I know the guy exists - because I have a piece of land out that way and he brought some 'frontline' to give to my caretaker for the dogs - when I was not around - so I never actually met him - but my caretaker did.
The legend of Bad Dog lives.

For some reason this larger-than-life character brings to mind the 1980's epic movie Apocalypse Now, and the renegade military officer called Captain Kurtz, played by Marlon Brando, who was finally encountered after a perilous and surreal boat ride deep into the winding creeks of Mekong Delta.

Seek out the Bad Dog at your risk ha ha.

Old 01-18-2019, 09:16 PM #976
Hoypare.
Vendor

Hoypare. has much to be proud ofHoypare. has much to be proud ofHoypare. has much to be proud ofHoypare. has much to be proud ofHoypare. has much to be proud ofHoypare. has much to be proud ofHoypare. has much to be proud ofHoypare. has much to be proud ofHoypare. has much to be proud ofHoypare. has much to be proud ofHoypare. has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swamp Thang View Post
The stories told in this thread are so outlandish that it is easy to see why a few readers got to thinking at least some of these accounts were made up,
Truth out in the south china sea and around those islands and archipelagos is often far,far stranger than fiction,trust me on that
Hoypare. is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-18-2019, 10:30 PM #977
Swamp Thang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoypare. View Post
Truth out in the south china sea and around those islands and archipelagos is often far,far stranger than fiction,trust me on that

Ha ha ha say no more. Say no more.