What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

12/12 From Seed: A Different Way To Grow

TNTBudSticker

Veteran
FlipMode said:
I have a couple specific questions about my plants. I started them in plastic cups, they are coming up on 3 weeks old. Do you usually wait to re-pot them until they show sex?

I've seen one of the reasons to get females is not to disturb them as possible..So the faster you get them into their home..the better and less stress and the deeper the roots go the better for females

After 3 weeks...Should be in the homes by now..Not Apartments :joint:

facelift

This is the money you could be saving if you grow
Veteran
Chitownstoner said:
So what can we say? Which strains work with this method? I am new to this and i really want to buy some 100% fem seeds. I will try and grow this in natural sunlight, and i will cover the plant and or move them to shade every 12 hours. Its just that the weather here in IL is shakey. I would use indoor lights its just that our electric bills have raised 45% in Illinois :(. What kinda lights give u the same engery but half the cost?

Hey. I've been watching this thread and it's a nice read. WTG Hal. Maybe we'll all learn a thing or two.

As for your post stoner, I live in Chicago area and know what you're talking about with the 'lectric bill. It's crazy. First off, I didn't start using this 12/12 method though my seeds were vegged for only about two weeks. I have a 4 foot cab and can't get into trees.

I use CFL's, available at walmart 2 for 8 bucks. That's all you need to get going indoors since you already have potted plants. Just last week they were giving CFL away just for stopping by. If you don;t know, CFL's are those spiral looking bulbs in the hardware dept. The give out 100 watts of light and only use 23 watts of electricity.

Your idea of covering plants outside sounds like a deal, but the plant requires that you do this every 12 hours without fail, or the plant will a) either not start flowering, or b) stop flowering and continue vegging. It's also a lot of work. Moving them indoors at night may be better.

If you must know, or maybe more like, here's my stuff going on. I have 4 plants grown from seeds I produced with a hermi about 8 months ago. All plants were female. I use 2 liter bottles, miracle grow pot soil, no vermiculite or perilite, just straight soil. I should also add, I've been using the same soil for over a year, and have been composting the males, fan leaves from harvests, and even the trim from manicuring. So the soil it like 2-3% weed including the old roots.

The plants grew under 24 light for about two weeks flowered at less than 1 foot tall and are about 3 feet tall from floor to light now after 3 weeks of 12 hour light. This is like my 10th indoor grow but it seems like more since I started back in 2003-2004.

I get about 1-2 ounces per plant. I can;t verify my info, don;t keep logs, and the novelty of keeping track of grow times has long since worn off. All I can say is that every 3-4 months, I harvest 5-6 ounces of bud.

My info isn;t the best, I don;t claim to be the guru, but I have experience, and know a little about keeping plants alive for 3-4 months. I'm sure I could do better if I really went to school on all the growing tips.

Good Luck!

G

The one all the way on the left has been grown 12/12 from seed. I think I remember her showing sex after about 15-17 days. The bean was taken from a bag of schwag. This is an experiment, to see what will happen. I started on a veg cabinet the other day, hoping to grow Speed Queen and Skunk 1 moms to take cuttings from.

As you can see, I have her tied down. She's pretty low, with lots of pistils.. Still no real buds after ~40 days total growth. There's plenty of room in my cab for her, so I guess I'll just have to wait and see what happens.

Oblidio49 said:
Atmosphere!!

Nice thread and great grows you have!!

I have 14 seeds from a bag of good smoke i just got...as well as some other unknown bagseed. Very nice looking fat mostly striped seeds. My current grow is at day 15 of flower. I'm thinking of growing these seeds out 12/12 after this grow. I have a 400W HPS. Do you think I could do 24 plants ? Rows of 6x4. 1 gallon(3.8L) plastic coffee cans are what I would use as final pot. Is 14 grams reasonable to expect from a healthy plant in a 1 gallon container grown 12/12

This Ice plant is turning into a monster. It went from 17 inches (43 cm) when I went 12/12 on April 15th to 44inches (111cm) today May 1st :joint:

Thats very large ,those 17 inches when you went on 12/12 . You end up with plants that are far too tall . The 400 watt HPS will never reach that deep .
Thats why 24 inch plants will yield about the same as large rones. starting on 12/12 wil save a lot of time .
after 3 weeks you can have 4 inch plants that start showing pistels.
Indica /sativa crossings work best for this method based on my own and others experiences.

Pictures of my current 12/12 grow with detailed description can be found at www.nomercy.nl/forum in the section "grow reports"

24 plants is a little bit too much i believe ,but 20 should be possible ,and they should be able to yield that 14 gram each in that case

heres some pics of my current 12/12 from seed grow. they are about 2 weeks old right now. the strains are MOD's kali dream, nycdfan042's mango gum freebie, and JLP's mississippi mud freebie. I got one sweettooth #3 and a couple of strawberry diesel f2s going as well, but they are a bit behind all the others.

chosen

Veteran
onthatlevel said:
heres some pics of my current 12/12 from seed grow. they are about 2 weeks old right now. the strains are MOD's kali dream, nycdfan042's mango gum freebie, and JLP's mississippi mud freebie. I got one sweettooth #3 and a couple of strawberry diesel f2s going as well, but they are a bit behind all the others.
Hey On... Is that the same fluoro setup as those T8 from your threads? Did you make the 160 fluoro setup or just combine 2 shoplights for the veg setup?
Thanks, I see that Dub even visited your thread.
Thanks,Chose

chosen said:
Hey On... Is that the same fluoro setup as those T8 from your threads? Did you make the 160 fluoro setup or just combine 2 shoplights for the veg setup?
Thanks, I see that Dub even visited your thread.
Thanks,Chose

Hey there, Chosen. yeah, thats the same t8 setup from my other threads. 160 watt flouro setup that i was using in my other grow was just two shoplights next to one another.

Blue top , 42 days from seed and growing good buds even on the plants lower parts . They stopped stretching. The average plant is about 39 inches tall ( just below 1 meter)

And this is one of my Lucky Queen , one hell of a strain ,the best i've grown so far . It has a lot of Santa Maria in it and some Silver pearl to get it to flower faster .

over all

Last edited:
I just keep posting inhere every now and than, to try and wake up those who don't realize this method is the one you need to get enourmous yields in little time .

Its the fastest way to go from seed to harvest .

Day 48 from seed :

As you can see there are fuly developed buds growing all over the plants.
No bending, topping or repotting is done . By starting your seeds in one big amount of soil they build better roots ,thats for sure . repotting means stress, and thats avoided this way .

It is less important to get an even canopy with healthy seedplants compared to clone growing

Last edited:
12/12 new to me...

12/12 new to me...

Well i have been reading this thread, and had a journal on another site and everybody was saying wtf...so i figured i would show them to someone who appeciated a small 12/12 plant. these were actually veg for about 3 weeks then i read this thread and said wtf. so this is what i have...i have 5 ladies, 2 are BOGs Bogglegum, and then i have 3 mystery seeds from a mystery pack...they have been 12/12 for 23 days now..let me know what u think....i was planning on switching them to 3 gallon pots but i figured the 1 will do just fine...any suggestions would be great....

G

they look good, its too bad the others dont know that 12/12 from seed will get you an extra crop every year

mrgrowman

Well I was trying to update weekly but $hit happens right....so anyways here she is they are at 29 days now , my last posting was 10 days....still I just cant believe how fast they grew, not a lot of over all hight maybe 1 3/4 foot tall or so,however I do think I should get a good yeild out of these 3 , (if I can stop O.D.ing them with fert. I guess there a lil sensitive....o-well there getting better) ......

I'll update again in a few weeks.......or less

peace :joint:

(that's 29 days from poping out of seed!)

Last edited:
For those who still have doubts about this method :

my own grow 51 dauys from seed:

From a college grower over here . got his permission to use his pics ;

I CANT BELIEVE HOW MANY HATERS THERE ARE FOR 12/12, HATERS EVERY WHERE...HOW CAN THEY ARGUE THE RESULTS WHEN THEY HAVE BEEN PROVEN TIME AND TIME AGAIN...YOU DO NOT NEED A 6' PLANT TO GET GOOD QUALITY BUD, AND STILL HAVE PLENTY LEFT OVER....WELL ATMOSPHERE I CANT HATE...U PUT ME ON TO 12/12 AND ITS A WRAP...WILL LET YOU KNOW MY FINAL WEIGHT ONCE IM COMPLETE...FUK DEM HATERS...

Latest posts

Latest posts