What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hammerheads Sunset Sherbert X Amber Cookies

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
30-60 days is fine. This one got 30 days. HK X TK got 60 days.

Fresh seeds still have a soft perianth. When soft its hard to crack to let the tap root out. Seed perianth needs time to harden so it can crack when wet.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
I am sure more have come up by now. I will be going down to the grow later and will let you guys know if any more are up.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
So I went down and took a picture. I have 5 of the 9 showing now. In the picture it is the four lower left and the upper left ones.

The others dont look like they are breaking the surface yet. Maybe tomorrow they will show.

I gave them all about a ml of water each.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
U soak ur seeds before u plant??.

With most seeds u can still get them to pop by cracking the shell manually. If I don't see a crack after a 30hr soak I will crack them myself. I've saved many by doing this.

~star~crash~

the part i hate is when you have to actually pull the shell off from a new seedling and help it out ...that's when i make sure they are moist and misted ...

Ichabod Crane

Veteran

With most seeds u can still get them to pop by cracking the shell manually. If I don't see a crack after a 30hr soak I will crack them myself. I've saved many by doing this.

I rolled these in a cup with sand paper for a bit then soaked them in water for about 12 hours then put them into cups of coco.

And my days are actually 2.75 days not 3.75. I forgot I got the seeds on Tuesday not Monday. There was no mail on Monday because it was Presidents day.

I am sure the shells will fall off since they just came up today. And they have only been in the coco for 2 days now.

Everything is moving along great so far.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
It now has been about 3.33 days since I started soaking the seeds. 8 of 9 seeds are now showing. Just one left to come up. So germ rate is good at this point. Right in line with Hammers germ rate.

The only one not showing yet is in the lower right corner.

krustallos

Veteran
I've had the SS x AC in a papertowel for the past 2 days, most are ready to go into pucks here. Looks like 10/12 have nice tails.

picture.php

What technique do you use to crack them?

krustallos

Veteran
Gotcha, if these don't crack in the next day I will probably try that technique.

How were your germ rates on the (MB X P98B) X TK? I put them in a papertowel same day as the SS x AC and they are just cracking while the SS x AC have long tails. My papertowel was a little more damp as well, so probably user error..

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
I have 2 that are showing second leaves already. My camera is my tablet and will not focus that small. So I can not get pictures of them. The leaves are the same size as the seed leaves so they are tiny.

Still have one to pop yet.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Gotcha, if these don't crack in the next day I will probably try that technique.

How were your germ rates on the (MB X P98B) X TK? I put them in a papertowel same day as the SS x AC and they are just cracking while the SS x AC have long tails. My papertowel was a little more damp as well, so probably user error..

I haven't done any of that cross. That's what testers are for :D. All should be good. All the crosses produced great looking seeds.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
I am at 9 of 9 sprouting today. So 100% germination at under 4.75 days from soaking the seeds.

In the picture you can see some have the leaves showing in the picture today.

So here they are at 4.75 days from the beginning of soaking.

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Looking good!

Will be germinating mine tomorrow. Had to wait a week, worked doubles last week straight.

Will be fun to see what comes of these! It will by my first go with Hammerhead Genetics!

Best vibes for your grow!

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
Looking good!

Will be germinating mine tomorrow. Had to wait a week, worked doubles last week straight.

Will be fun to see what comes of these! It will by my first go with Hammerhead Genetics!

Best vibes for your grow!

Post pictures when you do so we can get a record of how your grow does as well.