What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hammerheads HK x TK, BOD 1/6/18

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
back up.. What are u feeding in veg. This is where u need to get them healthy.

I'm using Promix HP which is a soiless medium. No nutrients in it. Only has microbess.
I use 450-500 ppm. Check to see what scale the meter is set to.. You have 500/700. I set mine to 700. I adjust my ph to 6.5. I use a 5g bucket to mix up veg food.. I do not add cal/mg every time I mix up a batch. I add 10ml every 3rd bucket mixed up.

You should be able to do the same but lower ur ph to 5.8-6.0. U can still use soil when up potting as long as the new pot is at least 2x larger.

U have that backwards, Soil is easier than coco and much more forgiving when u make mistakes.

Go get a bag of quality soil. We will get u sorted..

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
picture.php

onavelzy

Veteran
back up.. What are u feeding in veg. This is where u need to get them healthy.

I'm using Promix HP which is a soiless medium. No nutrients in it. Only has microbess.
I use 450-500 ppm. Check to see what scale the meter is set to.. You have 500/700. I set mine to 700. I adjust my ph to 6.5. I use a 5g bucket to mix up veg food.. I do not add cal/mg every time I mix up a batch. I add 10ml every 3rd bucket mixed up.

You should be able to do the same but lower ur ph to 5.8-6.0. U can still use soil when up potting as long as the new pot is at least 2x larger.

U have that backwards, Soil is easier than coco and much more forgiving when u make mistakes.

Go get a bag of quality soil. We will get u sorted..

I missed your question when I first saw this.

In veg, I have been feeding with V + B Bloom at 1.3 - 1.4 EC and a pH of 5.8 - 6.0. I had them under LED bulbs in power strips until I moved them into their final pots, the 9L Air Pots. In my closet veg space, I have been keeping the Leds on for 24 hrs/d. In the tent, I've been running the CMH at 16/8

When moving from the starter rock wool cubes thru the solo cup phase, I had some problems with yellowing. That's when I started adding about 1/4 tsp of Epsom Salts/gallon. i also have been using V+B push foliar spray a couple of times a week.

I moved the final pots into the tent under the 630 DE on 3/28. I took three lower branch cuts for clone reserves from each of the four phenos today.

I have pinched topped two to three times.

Here's where they are today:

picture.php

the HK x TK plants are middle front and the back row, I have a GG4 in the front left (my first run of it believe it or not) and a gifted OG in front right.

The plants look similar in height but they weren't earlier today. I had to top off the GG4 to get it closer in height as it was already 6 inches above the trellis bars, which are at 30".

The HK x TK #4 in the middle front was the tallest but the #3 in the back left has gotten leggier this week and is a bit higher, The #1 and #2 phenos in the middle and back left have been the short kids from day one.

I am giving them an extra week of veg as they look a lot better now and I want as much vigor as possible going in to flip. We've been blessed here with cool days the last couple of weeks so I haven't had any major environmental issues so far.

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
ona ... looks like they are recovering from a rough start ...you are providing a stress test ... lol

peace..keep on keeping on w/them you will pull this off and be rewarded with some amazing flowers

onavelzy

Veteran
4/16/18, HK x TK, D 6

4/16/18, HK x TK, D 6

I flipped t 12/12 on 4/10. The camera angle makes it a little tough make out the relative heights, but the pvc frame is at 30" from the floor of the tent. The two smaller HK x TK's in the back right are at that level. The other two HK x TK's (the plants in the middle front and back left, respectively) are above it 4-6 inches. Same for the GG4 and the OG (front left and right, respectively).

Front view

picture.php

Side view

picture.php

There has been better and more uniform growth in all of the plants in the tent this go round. I'm giving the credit to the larger pot size.

For those that lollipop, is it too late at D 6 to do the initial trim? I don't want to cause a stall. If it's ok to do at this stage of flower, how thorough of a defoliation? Or should I just wait till after week 3 ?

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You can take off all the bottom stuff you want. I do it all the way up to week 3. Make sure you check well for any intersex issues. .

onavelzy

Veteran
You can take off all the bottom stuff you want. I do it all the way up to week 3. Make sure you check well for any intersex issues. .

Looking daily now. it's a lot easier when I only have six plants and they aren't that big yet. It's still a little bit of work in the under foliage areas of the back row plants.

onavelzy

Veteran
HK x TK, D 16, back row and middle front plants

HK x TK, D 16, back row and middle front plants

Nice seeing any HH genetics run! Good luck m8

Day 16

picture.php

Just a mid stretch picture of the tent. The GG4 in the front left is trying to establish dominance, and doing a good job of it. The HK x TK plants are maintaining their pattern of growth, # 3 (back left) and #4 (middle front) are the taller phenos. # 1 & #2 (right back and middle back, respectively) are shorter and slower overall in terms of flowering.

the PVC frame is at 30" from the floor. I'm past due putting in the next level. I wanted to wait a bit to see how high the HK x TK's would get but the GG4 is demanding attention now

onavelzy

Veteran
HK x TK, D 25. Tent views

HK x TK, D 25. Tent views

Time for an update.

I just missed getting in the room in time to shoot with the tent light off. The wide views will have to do.

HK x TK #1, #2 & #3
Back right in the tent is pheno #1, mid back is pheno #2 and just barely visible in the back left is #3.

picture.php

HK x TK #4 & #3
#4 is the middle front and #3 is in the back left. For reference, the pvc frame is at 30". For plant height comparison, GG4 is front left.

picture.php

GG4 was taller than #3 & #4 but #3 has gotten a little taller than GG4 now. It doesn't look like it in this angle. #4 is just a hair shorter than GG4.

I will try to get the flowers in a darker light tomorrow.

I haven't seen any signs of intersex yet.

And yes, I know I should have a second tier already in place. I was waiting to see if the two smaller plants would maybe jump up a bit.

Given the different plant heights, I can try to put in a second tier that has two heights or just put in a tier that will support the tallest plants and let the two small ones hold themselves up. The stem are pretty thick, especially compared to the GG4 and the OG I have in with them

The HKxTK Leaves are way bigger than the GG and OG leaves too. Compare the OG leaf in the right front of the last pic to the #4 just to its left

onavelzy

Veteran
a couple of close ups, D 26

a couple of close ups, D 26

Almost all of my low light shots were too blurry. These two came out ok:

Pheno # 3

picture.php

Pheno #4

picture.php

I'll keep trying. I may need to use a stabilizer and some more light so I can get it focused better before the flash

onavelzy

Veteran
HK x TK, D 40, 5/20/18

HK x TK, D 40, 5/20/18

Getting close to flush time. I'm undecided on whether to start at the end of week six or go to week 7.

Here's some low light pics of phenos 3 & 4:

Pheno #3
picture.php

Pheno #3, with phenos 2 and 1 in the background
picture.php

Pheno #4
picture.php

Tent view, #4 is middle front. Back row is #'s 3,2,1 from left to right
picture.php

onavelzy

Veteran
Looks good. None show any intersex traits so far?

None. It's getting harder to see, of course, as the buds fill into the nodal spaces.

It's been interesting to follow the different phenos through their development. At various times along the way, I've varied between favoring one of three different phones. Initially it was #4, but then in stretch, # 3 kind of out grew everything else. Now, #3 is showing it didn't fill in very well compared to 2 & 4. # 4 is still the clear leader, but # 2 is pretty well coated with trichomes. Unless there's some godly high from #1 and #2, their smaller size will likely weigh against them as keepers

We'll see in 3-4 weeks, if I can hold on and avoid late grow disastros. Nature has given me a pass so far. I'll ride that one as far as I can. My biggest concern right now is fungal. It's been cool and I tend to run humidities in the 70's. I'll take being able to fully close the tent and not rise above 75 degrees but also having the humidity at 75 is scary