What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Double Dutch F2's

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
I started flowering the males just over 2 weeks ago. There where several that still hadn't shown sex and where in the same tub as the males and they all got to the point none of them could be removed with out killing any of them. Those plants that didn't show all turned out to be females. I plan on culling those once the males have finished. I ended up with three males, but only two where keepers that I got cuttings off of.

Male # B

picture.php

picture.php

The lower part of male # B

picture.php

Male # A

picture.php

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
here is a picture looking into the room, the males are in the large tub. The plants you see in the 5 gallon buckets are half sisters who are about a week behind the boy in the flower room.

picture.php

picture.php

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
Cuttings didn't root out evenly, some rooted sooner then others. This is the veg area with the females that I transplanted with in the last few days. There are is only one of the #1, 3, 4, and two of the #5 that where ready to transplant. The #4 is the big bushy one.

picture.php

picture.php

Still have some other cuttings in one of the aeroponic units. I have cutting from the 5 biggest most vigorous females, with #5 being the one that rooted out like a champ even though they where taken/cut about a week later.

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
The males have started dropping pollen. The first flowers started dropping pollen a couple days ago. in the next week they should be dropping enough for me to start collecting pollen.

I did collect a little pollen on my finger and applied some pollen to a few female hairs, just to kick the seed making into gear.

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
I've collected pollen from the three males, although I only have clone from two of the males. The one male (male C) that I don't have cutting from has the tightest clusters of male flower out of all of the males.

Yesterday I noticed that male A has a few female hairs on a couple of branches.

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
The male A has a branch that has started to put more female flowers out. they have a fair amount of resin on them and they are seeded.

picture.php

Last edited:

R.A.W

Nice pics. What lights are you using for the males? What smells are in the room? By the way
I associate long petioles with Chronic if you're trying to destinguish traits from the parents. On that male with female traits, I had a thread here before (old handle) where I asked Gerrit about that trait and he answered back qoute :"According to your own observations, the female DD's that are the offspring of a (Warlock) male that can be induced to reverse, did not show cross-gender traits".

Last edited:

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
Nice pics. What lights are you using for the males? What smells are in the room? By the way
I associate long petioles with Chronic if you're trying to destinguish traits from the parents. On that male with female traits, I had a thread here before (old handle) where I asked Gerrit about that trait and he answered back qoute :"According to your own observations, the female DD's that are the offspring of a (Warlock) male that can be induced to reverse, did not show cross-gender traits".

The males are pushing 6 weeks. With only that one having a few female flowers. It's also the one with the most resin out of the males. I also have some females in the room too. They are under a 1k hps light.

It would be nice to be able to identify traits from the mother's line (chronic) and or the father's line (Warlock) in the f2's. I've noticed different traits in different offspring, some smell way more then others, different plant structures, longer and shorter petioles. I'm curious to see how those traits will show in a f3 generation. I'd think that there would be those that show chronic traits, ones that show Warlock traits and ones that would be a blend of both.

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
On the 27th I moved 4 of the #5's into one of the flower room. Resulting in them getting their first 12/12 light cycle after the lights turned off some thing like 10-11 hours later.

The #5 was the one that rooted out the fastest, not to mention all of them rooted.

I transplanted the rest of the cutting of 1-5 into 6 inch bucket lid net pots. They should be ready to start flowering with in 4 week or less, but first they need to have some clones taken from them.

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
The males are done. So are the three females that where in the same tubs, these are the ones I wan't sure if they where females. I wanted to see if any of the seeds where mature, so I dug into one bud and pulled out a mature seed. I had intended to remove the males earlier but with the other plants being females I opted to give them a couple more weeks so some of the seeds could mature. This will just add to a larger gene pool of F3 seeds.

I transplanted cutting of the 1 through 5 into bucket lid net pots last week and the roots are have started to growing. I'll be able to take cuttings from them in the next 7 to 10 days and then I can start to flower them out and see what I get from the different cuttings from 1-5

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
I topped all of them yesterday before lights out. I also did the same with the roots, I clipped the growing tips of the roots. Clipping the roots acts just like topping the top grow shoot of the plant does. Only the #3's got their roots clipped before being moved to the flower room.

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
Nice pics. Everything seems to go according to plan. It's intr. to see strong Warlock traits in the offspring i.e tight nodes, the branching etc ...Hm.. you might have some afghan type plant's from the Chronic side (recessive side) going on there. Chronic was orig. described. as NL/Sk then later changed to NL/SK x NL. No matter, in DD regs and fems I've occasionally encountered kush/afghan like plants. The Chronic Gerrit chose is probably not as sweet as the one Simon has used for Chronic. I like the "flavours" better in DD then Chronic, both lines have have thrown catpiss/ammonia types that actually are decent. The general flavour in DD is a little bit spicy and "wildflower" like to me. In growing the F2 like you're growing I personally would like to find the catpiss type, chemical type/plastic or a Warlock stinker on a Warlock/Skunk frame but maincola dominated and tight NL buds. (I don't like the braided sativa fluffy type that are common in DD). By the way those long petioles I mentioned before can be seen in #3 plant 1, even though that one is mixed type.

Here are a couple pictures of a clone from these plants mother. These pictures are from many years ago now. This one plant was the smallest plant the room, in the corner of the room and the plants that where around her where not giving her much space.

picture.php

picture.php

So momma Dutch grew like a hedge. A few of the plants have shown that same trait, they grew wider then the total height of the plant. Which is why I say a hedge.

Latest posts

Latest posts