What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ErdPurt

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
Plus, in the expert hands of dubi and the Ace team, Erdpurt does great in hybrids. I’ve had a long relationship with this variety too. Have grown her pure in the early days from HFH, and then the Early Bubba Hash, and now the Erdpurt x PCK.

I’ve always wondered how Erdpurt would turn out crossed to either Bangi Haze or Nepjam for a little NLD influence.

51North

2 from the 3 pheno's are in full flowering.

EP#02
picture.php

EP#03
picture.php

picture.php

Green Squall

I'm surprised with the variation in this strain. Ended up with 3 phenos from 3 plants. I'm confident I will be able to harvest before October 1st, although if they need longer, that won't be a problem.

Pheno I has the most pronounced pink pistils with a piney, earthy smell. Plant is medium in stature.

picture.php

Pheno II is a bigger overall plant and seems it will be a heavy yielder. Bud structure is more dense, slightly more resin production, different branching and smells of rotten....something...can't put my finger on it...I thought there was something dead in my garden until I realized it was the flowers lol.

picture.php

Pheno III is what I call the "Dwarf Pheno." This one is a few weeks ahead of the rest and the tiny buds have taken on a pretty, purple hue. Smells of straight, intense pine. It was unintentionally topped when a deer got in the garden. I have since remedied that problem.

picture.php

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Green Squall,

Glad to see them advancing into flowering. For ErdPurt hybrids we use 1:1 matings, especially when breeding for a specific chemotype, but in 'pure' ErdPurt releases (especially in the regular ones) we intentionally use many different females and males to produce the seeds in order to preserve maximum genetic diversity, since ErdPurt line has several interesting phenotypes, in fact latest ErdPurt regular reproduction just released a few weeks ago contained dozens of plants with almost all possible ErdPurt expressions.

Theorganicguy

I'm surprised with the variation in this strain. Ended up with 3 phenos from 3 plants. I'm confident I will be able to harvest before October 1st, although if they need longer, that won't be a problem.

Pheno I has the most pronounced pink pistils with a piney, earthy smell. Plant is medium in stature.

If I had to take a guess, I'd say the first pheno is a Purpurea Ticinensis one! Wherever pink pistils are, there's magic, I can guarantee it ;)

I visited my EP in guerrilla and I was truly astonished after smelling her. The first discernible smell is that of jellied blackberry candies and the acidulous aroma of raspberry. Immediately afterwards there is a rapid succession of fungal aromas, such as freshly cooked edible boletus and synthetic pine essences, similar to a glass cleaner. The only thing missing were the fireworks as I lifted my head from the marble columns that were the sticky buds.

picture.php

View image in gallery
picture.php

View image in gallery
picture.php

View image in gallery

Last edited:

Green Squall

If I had to take a guess, I'd say the first pheno is a Purpurea Ticinensis one! Wherever pink pistils are, there's magic, I can guarantee it ;)

I visited my EP in guerrilla and I was truly astonished after smelling her. The first discernible smell is that of jellied blackberry candies and the acidulous aroma of raspberry. Immediately afterwards there is a rapid succession of fungal aromas, such as freshly cooked edible boletus and synthetic pine essences, similar to a glass cleaner. The only thing missing were the fireworks as I lifted my head from the marble columns that were the sticky buds.

View Image
View image in gallery
View Image
View image in gallery
View Image
View image in gallery

Pink pistils never cease to amaze me and are always a beautiful sight! Unfortunately though, I'm battling mold at the moment. Its been very humid, wet and living by the ocean probably makes matters worse, however with daily inspections, I hope I can harvest something mid September.

I love your description of Erdpurts smell. I knew early on it was unique and my nose wants more! Good luck with your harvest - fingers crossed!

CowboyTed

. . . Immediately afterwards there is a rapid succession of fungal aromas, such as freshly cooked edible boletus and synthetic pine essences, . . .

Something tells me that the scent of cooked Boletus is one that most folks won't be familiar with. (Or if they are familiar, they'll know the scent as Porcini or Steinpilz.) I suspect that the word Boletus will have people looking for a dictionary.

The scent of Boletus and pine sure go together in my mind. Every Bolete Ive ever found was in pine forest, in Colorado or Wyoming.

Theorganicguy

Pink pistils never cease to amaze me and are always a beautiful sight! Unfortunately though, I'm battling mold at the moment. Its been very humid, wet and living by the ocean probably makes matters worse, however with daily inspections, I hope I can harvest something mid September.

I love your description of Erdpurts smell. I knew early on it was unique and my nose wants more! Good luck with your harvest - fingers crossed!

Pink pistils are definitely something out of the ordinary, but, at the same time, even more astonishing is the number of genetics that presents them: erdpurt, panama, bangi congo, some PCK phenos and the list goes on and on!

Erdpurt's aromas are a trip! Every bud is a bit different, which makes the smell game even more fascinating. Some have more pine, while others tend more to hash or berries. All in all, EP has much to offer! I'm quite sure you can harvest around mid September! Source: I did yesterday

Good luck with yours!

picture.php

View image in gallery
picture.php

View image in gallery

picture.php

View image in gallery

Since all the clotheshorse are being used, I improvised a drying area with a broom, a couple wardrobe doors and a hanger. The humidity is 54% and the temperature is 20C, for those who may be curious.

This phenotype produce more flora and fruit aromas than the one I grew two years ago. Main notes are violets, the acidity of the red fruits and fresh forest's soil. Morphologically speaking, it's still a hashplant with a capital H: spicy and powerful aromas, resin à la adhesive super glue and compact buds. An in-depth analysis revealed a bit of mould, but not because of moisture, but rather because of a few hungry caterpillars, a few deceased ovaries and some buds hidden among the vegetation. This is the first time that it is not the pharaonic colas on top that gets mouldy, but the lower popcorn ones. I can't wait to play around with trim this Winter!

Something tells me that the scent of cooked Boletus is one that most folks won't be familiar with. (Or if they are familiar, they'll know the scent as Porcini or Steinpilz.) I suspect that the word Boletus will have people looking for a dictionary.

The scent of Boletus and pine sure go together in my mind. Every Bolete Ive ever found was in pine forest, in Colorado or Wyoming.

I must admit I was a bit confused by the many variants the dictionaries listed. I followed my instinct and chose the most scientific looking one. My English can still be improved. Thank you for the explanation :good:

Aromas of EP are definitely the most "organic" ones that I've ever smelt.

:tiphat:

Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Congrats on your ErdPurt harvest Theorganicguy ;)

Really accurate description of its terpenes: berry-forest fruits, piney, hashy, earthy-wet compost-'mushroomy', really old school outdoor type of terpenes.

The pink pistils is always a real treat to find :) Pink pistils can be found in Central and South American sativa landraces like in Colombians Punto Rojos and Panama Reds, but also in Nepalese and North Indian sativas, and in Afghani and Pakistani hashplant indicas.

Wish you enjoy a lot with your ErdPurt after the curing!

CowboyTed

. . . I'm quite sure you can harvest around mid September! Source: I did yesterday

. . .

I must admit I was a bit confused by the many variants the dictionaries listed. I followed my instinct and chose the most scientific looking one. My English can still be improved. Thank you for the explanation :good:

:tiphat:

I can confirm a mid-September harvest as well.

I didn't mean to suggest that you used the wrong term for Boletus. In fact, in the U.S., I've never heard anyone call them anything but Bolete or Boletus. But so few Americans eat wild mushrooms, that few people here have ever heard of a Bolete - or a Steinpilz or Porcini. Dubi, do you know what Spaniards call this mushroom? I assume there are some high-altitude parts of Spain where it grows.

Theorganicguy, I didn't realize that you were not a native English speaker. Your written English comes across really well.

But we all know, when we learn another language, there's ALWAYS more to learn.

Theorganicguy

I didn't mean to suggest that you used the wrong term for Boletus. In fact, in the U.S., I've never heard anyone call them anything but Bolete or Boletus. But so few Americans eat wild mushrooms, that few people here have ever heard of a Bolete - or a Steinpilz or Porcini. Dubi, do you know what Spaniards call this mushroom? I assume there are some high-altitude parts of Spain where it grows.

Theorganicguy, I didn't realize that you were not a native English speaker. Your written English comes across really well.

But we all know, when we learn another language, there's ALWAYS more to learn.

Thanks for the explanation and the compliments, Ted!
Your English isn't bad as well ;)

I remember vividly the first time I stumbled across Erdpurt. The year was 2017 and I was taking my first steps in the unknow land of Cannabis cultivation. I remember spending countless hours on **********, trying to scratch the surface of the enormous seed offer. Cannabis was virtually everywhere. I say virtually because it was around me both in the real world and in the digital one. Spectacular photos of breath-taking nugs, with all sort of colours and trichomes form one could imagine. Names were thrown all around: Sour Diesel, Blue Dream, Green Crack and tastes were seen as a strain’s unique trait. In the more real world, the quality I had access to was mediocre and every bud would smell like, well, generic stinky weed. Every batch was more or less: get high, get the munchies, drift off. Light up, take a hit, exhale and find out if you’ve been lucky. Maybe you would get too active before bedtime and spent hours tossing and turning in bed or too drowsy before midday and ended up yawning the whole afternoon.

Weedtubers were reviewing stuff that tasted like dough, strawberry or lemonade and I couldn’t even tell what on earth I was smoking. I decided to stop looking on the street for the quality I was looking for and started doing my own experiments. One day, while browsing through the “taste” category of **********, looking at all the strains that supposedly tasted of strawberries, a name caught my eyes: Pakistani Chitral Kush. Landrace strain. “Oh, cool. It’s an unhybridized genetic from some land far away.” Every little detail ticked all the boxes: short flowering, cold resistance and fruity taste. I started to look further into this seedbank. The name? Ace Seeds.

But there was another strain. One that surprised me even more. One that I wasn’t expecting. For years, I had heard about the legendary Erdbeer strain and, for years, I had thought it had been lost forever after the end of Switzerland’s Cannabis grey zone. It wasn’t the original strain, but a hybrid of it. That strain’s name? Erdpurt

I was utterly excited. “A strain that can withstand my harsh climate? And it tastes like strawberries? Are those pink pistils?”

In 2018, I finally got to grow Erdpurt. At the beginning, I was overwhelmed by the quantities of unique characteristics she had. She didn’t like to be pruned, she reacted very slow to topping and didn’t like high temperatures. The first time I saw pink pistils, I was quite surprised. Taste was kind of surprising too. It didn’t taste like anything I had ever tried before: mushroomy and piney, with some kind of sourness, almost like the sharp aftertaste raspberries leave in your mouth. Due to a couple problems during the grow, I had to plant some replacement Erdpurts around the beginning of August. My only sexually stable female started flowering around the beginning of September and was used for seeds production. Since I was looking at the seed’s maturation only, I didn’t pay much attention to the unpollinated bracts. By looking at some pictures made that time, I can now spot some white hairs, which indicates me that maturation hadn’t been reached.
The high almost completely met the experience matured through my experience with cbd strains: muscle relaxation and head clearness, along some minor sedation. There was only a little odd particular: a bit of energy rush during the first half hour of effect. I enjoyed Erdpurt. It was still a peculiar genetic to have in my stash.

2020. Another run. This time more successful than the previous one. This time, without pot restrictions or gender issues, I could harvest her with every pistil wilted. I harvested a much bigger plant that two years before and, as soon as I cut her, I was hit by a strong violets smell, almost like walking into a fragrance store after a sale’s day. As soon as the buds were in the jar, I didn’t feel much attraction to it. It wasn’t anything new or unexpected, just the regular Erpdurt, right? I was wrong as one’s can barely imagine to ever be.
I vaped some dried bud and waited for the adrenaline rush I had already made acquaintance with. While waiting to be charged with the usual stimulating effects, I started feeling my body loosening itself and my mind cooling. It was a kind of warmth that was expanding from the inside out. I took a more comfortably posture, in reality, just kind of drape myself over the couch, and started enjoying the whole picture: the wood roof of my apartment, the soft texture of the pillows. Cannabis has, from a chemotypical perspective, infinities combination to offer. I’ve been indulging in NLD hybrids for a couple years, with their intense energy boost and cerebral stimulation and I had almost forgotten how pleasurable it was to let one sink in the delightful world of almost lucid dreaming relaxation. I had almost forgot this side of cannabis. It didn’t feel like the usual hybrid or landrace high. Taste has shown some major development with a better maturation. At the beginning you can taste a light, sweet raspbery cream and then it's pure pine window cleaner pong.

I was never a hash smoker. The majority of imported stuff that reached Switzerland couldn’t even be considered hash. The only few times I smoked some quality hash, it had been brought from passionate aficionados that had smuggled for their private enjoyment. My favourite one was the one that (probably) came from Afghanistan. It was black and soft, with a hazelnut inside and plasticine-like consistency. It had a spicy smell, produced some religious-looking white smoke while burning and projected the whole body on a detachment trip both inside you and outside of your usual life. Lying in the bed, while simultaneously travelling to the verge of your conscience. It was as if the body had stopped sending feedbacks and the brain had been free to create random constructs between memories and data classification. It wasn’t daytime stuff and neither a week smoke. It was one of those bubble baths you take once a month to cleanse your chronology of the daily grind and the brakes set by the world around you. It is, once again, time for some one thousand and one nights hash exerience with some fresh, mountain-grown inflorescences.

I can now see the full potential of this genetic. It’s perfect for those looking to breed some devastating narcotic hybrids or adapt more NLD plants to harsh climates and speed up their flowering, without giving up the more sophisticated, cerebral effects.
I’m looking forward some rosin made from cured buds and some more hashplant breeding. Maybe with PCK.

Freshly dried bud
picture.php

View image in gallery

Good night :coffee:

Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Really touching to read your report Theorganicguy :huggg: A pleasure our seeds and genetics make you reflect and inspire you so much!

ErdPurt is certainly an archetype Afghani cannabis indica strain, but it's closer to what one would expect by getting a first generation field grown high quality landrace from Afghanistan rather than the Cookies, Bubba and OG Kush rich THC indica polyhybrids that dominate the mainstream nowadays. ErdPurt's terpene profiles, outdoor semi autoflowering behaviour and balanced THC:CBD ratios make this strain very unique and distinctive.

ErdPurt originally had some hermie tendencies (especially indoors) as we received it in 2012, but since then we have worked a lot the strain through several generations to lower down the hermie rates to the minimum, yet retaining all its qualities and avoiding inbreeding depression by using many different parental plants from different lines for mid-long term breeding. In fact, latest ErdPurt regular selection and reproduction done indoors involved dozens of parental plants from different seed lines and we only found one plant producing nanners.

Since you are interested in a cross of it with PCK, i would highly recommend to check our latest ErdPurt x PCK limited edition since it is producing great results with best traits and involving some of the very best parental plants from both strains.

Thanks again for your lovely feedback! :ying:

Veggia farmer

Good you worked some of the hermie issues out. Thats way I came here to ask. How many plants together with one with nanners?

I got this myself a decade or so ago, beatiful buds and plants. My friend loved it, untill he smoked a lot of immature seeds;/

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Veggia farmer,

Sorry to hear that, haven't received any complaint about ErdPurt hermie tendencies in recent years, line is improving a lot in this regard since breeding generations advance.

Correction, only found 2 females with nanners among 60 females from latest ErdPurt regular breeding generation, more info about it in this post:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=8903924&postcount=288

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
ErdPurt feminized is back in stock

ErdPurt feminized is back in stock

Happy to announce ErdPurt feminized is available again:

https://www.aceseeds.org/en/erdpurt-fem.html

The new fem release includes seeds coming from best females from latest generation ErdPurt regular parental plants, pollinated with reversed pollen from old green ErdPurt A (proven mother used in all our ErdPurt hybrids).

Veggia farmer

I dont remember but I think I got it from esben, or bought it from his work. You also got it from him or? Thought it was he who crossed it. No complaing anyway. I enjoied it:)

I made a seedgrow so still plenty of seeds. Have been thinking about maybe working on finding a keeper from it.