What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Federation Seed Company - Mikado

budelight

Discovery Requires Experimentation
Veteran
Hey Everyone!

Happy Labor day weekend.

Decided to pop some extra seeds "Federation Seed Company - Mikado F2's (which were homemade)" to see how viable they are. The seeds were made in 2008 by a novice breeder who entrusted them to me so I could grow out and preserve the strain.

I have done a bit of research on these, but haven't spoken with anyone who has actually grown her out. Please speak up if you have!

Predominantly Indica. The Mikado is a quick maturing, large-yielding strain. With a long jagged single leaf pattern. Under 18 hours of light, the stems and leaves are coated with resin. The female plants show hairs making sexing easy. Liked for its long-lasting high, Mikado can be harvested 45 days after flowering is started. Perfect for a sea of green.

Height: 5 feet Yield 10 0z
Flowering time: 45 days
Harvest outdoor: End of September

Crossbreeds and hybrids with "Mikado"
Big Mac »»» Mikado x BC Big Bud
Rocky Mountain High »»» Mikado x Colorado Green Bud
Crown Royal »»» Hawaiian Sativa x Mikado

Winner, Nimbin Cup 2000

A title for the emperor of Japan.
The name Mikado is composed of two Japanese words.
"Mi", which means honorable.
"Kodo" which means gate of the imperial palace.
Other interpretations give this term two other meanings.
"God of the Sun".
"open August gate".

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_4727.jpg
    IMG_4727.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_4730.jpg
    IMG_4730.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:

scandelousskunk

From what i remember a very stable NL variant....very quick, very thick, squat indica. Was used as federations go to indica for breeding. they used to have a strain called remus (romulas and remus) thought i don't know if the strains are related.It and many others were bred using Makido.

just my 20 cents(adjusted for inflation)

Oh hell yeah. :yes:

I grew out Federation's Big Mac which was Mikdao X BC Bigbud. Hands down some of the best outdoor I've ever grown. That was quite some time ago....since then federation went down and I've been trying to find Mikado ever since.

I'm pullin up a seat for this one.

D

DJXXPLATINUM

IN HAVE SOME MIKADO X BLUBERRY JAMS #1 AND #2...IF THOSE ARE JUS MIKADO THEY ARE BEASTS....THEY CAN BE GIANT BEASTS...DJ

budelight

Veteran
IN HAVE SOME MIKADO X BLUBERRY JAMS #1 AND #2...IF THOSE ARE JUS MIKADO THEY ARE BEASTS....THEY CAN BE GIANT BEASTS...DJ
Word!

That sounds like a killer cross! How would you describe the smoke?

Hope these pop their head above surface this week :)
BeL

Do your mikado's have nice pink stigma, aka (informally/incorrectly) "pistils"?

Love that mikado smell. My friend had mikado rom, and regretted not keeping it going many years later. It had pink stigma.

Hey Everyone!

Happy Labor day weekend.

Decided to pop some extra seeds "Federation Seed Company - Mikado F2's (which were homemade)" to see how viable they are. The seeds were made in 2008 by a novice breeder who entrusted them to me so I could grow out and preserve the strain.

I have done a bit of research on these, but haven't spoken with anyone who has actually grown her out. Please speak up if you have!

View Image

View Image

View Image

budelight

Veteran
Mikado is a Sweet Pink Grapefruit rip. Seems to e a lotta them lately. Peace GS
Can you explain what you mean?

As I stated they were a gift and I have no idea what to expect.
Have you grown them out before?
If you say it's not worth my time then maybe I'll just stop them now.
Help me out bud.
BeL

Jericho Mile

Grinder
Veteran
Can you explain what you mean?

As I stated they were a gift and I have no idea what to expect.
Have you grown them out before?
If you say it's not worth my time then maybe I'll just stop them now.
Help me out bud.
BeL

Mikado is Federation's attempt at backcrossing the Sweet Pink Grapefruit clone...is probably what he's saying. The SPG clone is reportedly very difficult to accurately backcross...and get consistent results.

I've grown and outcrossed Mikado. It was some pretty good herb. I'm not going to knock on it.

If you look at the "a world on a string" thread...in the last couple pages..you will see I found a grapefruit expression in OG Kush X BS 2.2IX....a cross made by SOL (incrossed by me into the 2nd generation). Pretty sure there is SPG in its lineage...so even washed down...it still shows up.

Of course...I could be wrong

* I have some gifted beans of a grower's attempt to backcross the "Raspberry Expression" of Mikado as well. I've never had a Raspberry expression....don't even know if they exist...but I do still want to work with Mikado (within my own outcrosses)...so...that is the reason I coveted said beans.

I don't know all the politics with Federation and the rest of the Great White North....but they had some cool stuff there for a while. How it was all acquired..how they made their lines...I have no idea. I do know Federation is now defunct...so that makes their beans more collectable...if you are into that sort of thing.

Green Supreme

Veteran
i wouldn't say you won't get good weed, just that you will not likely find Grapefruit in what was a Grapefruit rip. The raspberry thing is real. I have a friend who runs it. Peace GS

D

DJXXPLATINUM

THE MIKADO IS MASSIVE AND GREAT TO BOOT....MAYBE NOT A PERFECT GRAPEFRUIT REPRESENTATION....BUT AN AWESOME GIRL..SOME PEEPS CHIME IN AND ARE NOT EXPERIENCED WITH A STRAIN...WELL THEY GREW IT ONCE...WHATEVER....I RUN STUFF 3 OR 4 TIMES SOMETIMES TO GET IT DIALED IN, AND MAKE AN OPINION....I THINK YOU WILL BE HAPPY WITH MIKADO...DJ

Latest posts

Latest posts