What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Zamaldelica grow outdoors, 44* N

yoss33

Veteran
Hi there, people!

When harvesting Z#2 in the middle of October, I left the smallest bottom branch unharvested. I completely forgot about it, but yesterday I walked by and saw that it's still there, not rotten, quite damaged, but still kind of alive, at least in the middle of its top. Not a single flower damaged by any sort of mold, which is quite impressive. We are having very mild winter this year, temperatures rarely below -1*C. The worst was a snow shower in the end of November, no rains or snow since then.

picture.php

The branch divides into top part, which was still green and sort of alive, and bottom part which was dead, dry and of nice yellow-gold color.
The green buds actually look worse, with many damaged amber trichomes, molding leaves and no smell.
The golden buds have more of their trichomes still sparkling and very well preserved. They seem to have died just in the right moment and not damaged by the frost. They also still smell good but faintly when pressed.

Several yellow and 2 green buds:
picture.php

A green bad-looking bud:
picture.php

And golden:
picture.php

picture.php

They all smoke very very smooth, no lung expansion. Strong sour taste and nice creamy aftertaste, not very different from Haze actually.
Potency seems to have suffered a little and I need to make 2 instead of 1 good hit, but the quality of the high is superb. I usually like the effects of earlier harvest, but this one seems perfect, dying in the ground in January! Very smooth, chill effect with pleasant body stone. And while its stony, it's not heavy at all. It has pleasant mental energy that makes you feel very refreshed and awake, ready for any activity. Just a pinch of hazy disctraction.
The green buds are also a bit trippy, kind of like Z#5, and if you smoke more you start to get very emotional in a strange way.
As a whole, very pleasant chill yet clear and refreshing thoughtful experience. Out of a dead plant!
What a surprising January finding, superb stuff!

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Yoss33,

Fascinating finish to a great grow. Another very enjoyable thread documenting your season. Good job with another interesting strain.

ThaiBliss